Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Raw diced onion on a chili dog is good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Unmelted kraft singles is bullshit though

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Okay maybe I spoke in haste, maybe I have a prejudice against onions, maybe Star Citizen isn't coming out, maybe I should just post

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

:five::five::five:

also raw onions are bad and I'm not afraid to say it :colbert:

I quite like em

My grandfather used to just eat raw onions like apples

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

http://i.imgur.com/IOTpLAS.mp4

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That looks pretty awful

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I feel like hair is going to be the next big blocker that sets developement back a year

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Achamp posted:

I remember that story. The Case of the Fuzzy Modem.

04/17/2017 08:30 AM Courtroom 404, Fairbanks Courthouse

Just in case you were interested in the upcoming chance for Fuzzy to clear his name.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Diced raw onions are good, sliced onions need to be fried

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

but it does takes a pinch of the 'tism to properly appreciate it.

This is loving gold right there.

:perfect:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

eight little commandos screaming "get a refund" into the void

Sappo569 posted:

I quite like em

My dad used to do that and it always freaked me out. I don't mind onions in things but I could never just pile a dog high with a stack of diced onion :barf:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Coming from a guy that eats beet burgers? That's rich.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Grass skirts are in

And they wear their testicles long in the Stimpire

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

It's a pity no one knows Stars!. It's the spiritual successor to VGA Planets and the graphics are rudimentary but I SWEAR TO GOD it's the best 4X game ever. I played that poo poo an unhealthy number of hours. You can fully customize your race to take wildly different approaches and gameplay styles, use mass drivers to send EVE sized asteroids to your enemy's planets, lay minefields, and a number of crazy poo poo you can't do in any other game. Since you can automate pretty much everything so if you go for a huge galaxy the whole thing devolves into an insane scale slaughter with dozens of battle fronts and a war economy that resembles WH40K. While you strip mine everything and send resources to foundry planets near the front your inner core becomes a factory of cannon fodder to fight in the massive invasions against whatever hosed up races inhabit the targets at the moment.

It's been over a decade since I last played it but if you get over the graphics there is genuine 4X gold in there.

When you bought the boxed game, they gave you two CDs and Two keys. My favourite is that you could retask mass drivers to deliver mineral packets to your planets, and that also became a viable game tactic for blowing the poo poo out of planets; that is if you didn't go the megafreighter route.

Minefields were fun because they increased in size and density depending on the ships you had building the minefields, and this in turn would effect different sized ships, lowering the top speed and damaging them every turn.

Seriously good generation algorithms as well, as I recall. May be spreadsheet quality graphics, but it had amazing depth.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/27002/Stars!.html
http://wiki.starsautohost.org/wiki/Main_Page

Edit: Fuel was a factor as well. I'd end up with dedicated refuelling fleets trolling around the place.

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 3, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I literally don't even understand the premise or purpose behind 'archiving for future reference' a guy's tweets.

Well at some point there's bound to be legal action against him, and then the archive of his tweets will serve as a resource of all his definitely legally actionable deeds such as defamation, libel and general illegality.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well at some point there's bound to be legal action against him

Would you say it is 100% guaranteed?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Star Citizen Goat Simulator is real!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Well you should be :rolleyes:

Hey garçon, would you mind getting rid of these tasty greens and substituting them with steamed beets? Because you know, onions are a bit too spicy for me :downs:

I mean seriously did you hand in your testicles when you got that bad and uncool opinion?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

Probably nothing important.

I just like to imagine the redditors reading this thread frantically trying to figure out what we're doing next (hint: Nothing, because we are just watching and laughing now).

Speak for yourself. I have plans.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I. Am. loving triggered.

Justifiably so.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Would you say it is 100% guaranteed?

Actually I think a legal case against CIG is a fair bit more likely than one against Derek :shrug:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

And they wear their testicles long in the Stimpire

All hail the stimperor!

http://i.imgur.com/VtoBMym.gifv

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Well at some point there's bound to be legal action against him, and then the archive of his tweets will serve as a resource of all his definitely legally actionable deeds such as defamation, libel and general illegality.

The sheer illegality is insane.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup, its not the hands they can see that they should watch.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

I quite like em

I eat them like that too, also same thing with green peppers. :)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Actually I think a legal case against CIG is a fair bit more likely than one against Derek :shrug:

Without the blog sure but once that blog drops... 100% guaranteed baby

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Is this the machine CIG uses to keep track of how many backers they've arse hosed updating in real time?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

you monster, you'll lose all the beet juice!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TrustmeImLegit posted:

The sheer illegality is insane.

The worst kind of illegality.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

My aunt as always said that she would prefer to eat a sandwich stuffed with dog poo poo than with beet.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

you monster, you'll lose all the beet juice!

How can one guy be so insane but yet so right. If they game ever does come out and if it's any good, the grief will blot out the sun.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

You know what it takes to sell jpgs?!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

I'm late on this but,

Has anyone said One Hunch Man yet?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Chalks posted:

How can one guy be so insane but yet so right. If they game ever does come out and if it's any good, the grief will blot out the sun.

Well folks, our plan has been discovered. All of those photoshop refunds were in fact new ships we were all buying up for our mass invasion. :negative:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Something invisible is on that table. What is it?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The game.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

3.0 before end of the year hey. I would swear she had a post stating she expected it no later than March ish.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sappo569 posted:

I feel like hair is going to be the next big blocker that sets developement back a year

Didn't they hire a hair guy, pimped him on a video for a while, then let him go?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Current team status:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Something invisible is on that table. What is it?

Their self respect and integrity