Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J
Jun 10, 2001

Phobophilia posted:

Repostin' Vasusdus' EA juggernaut as a reference for myself

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Vasudus/characters

Besides, EA basically scales like a spell. It'll just be a bit of a pain getting a high ignite chance early on, until people start farming up eyes of innocence. How much do those things typically cost?

I'll level as melee, that's a playstyle I haven't done for a while.

I was strongly considering EA this league but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on it. I just don't know enough about how EA "feels" (especially in light of the aoe changes), or what the initial gearing up process is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Original king of the forest was lifebased marauder

please knock Mom! posted:

Warchief and all are melee, spells are fine, but you could for example go EA jugg, flameblast totems chieftain, KotF jugg or zerker...

I see. EA Jugg, KotF, Firestorm, FBT, Scorching Ray then, speaking of non-hipster builds that immediately come to my mind.

Hmm, by method of exclusion then. Not EA since I played one relatively recently, and hardly prioritise it as the poverty build. Not FBT since I played one relatively recently.

KotF sounds interesting regardless of whether if it'd be Jugg or Zerker. I'm not sure I'm all that fond of CwC Firestorm or Scorching Ray gameplay flow, and I'm not particularly excited about Firestorm itself.

KotF it is. :tipshat: Now to plug numbers into Path of Building and see if I want zerk or jugg.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
zerker pathing to duelist with the lioneyes jewel (and later to VP) should be playable

you could even go doomfletch (does the 40% more go to the phys damage and then the tripled ele damage too?)

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm still doubting srs here, a faster leveling skill like flameblast maybe

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

list of changes 3.0 better have:

-nerf vaal spark
-nerf vinktars
-nerf flameblast totems

ggg please im a powergaming shitlorde make the good builds not really boring ones

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Can I get a guild invite

Cynocephaly

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

McFrugal posted:

I think it's really dumb that you can slap level 11 wither or something with CWC anything else and get a really fast casting spell for essentially no mana cost.

I think it's good, and that you are dumb. Pwned

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
:vince: go easy on us

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Do we know if voltaxic will be available as legacy? If so I'm wondering if self-cast spark is available to be op as gently caress again

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This is your quarterly reminder to vet your build list against Mathil's in order to predict market situation.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

zxqv8 posted:

Do we know if voltaxic will be available as legacy? If so I'm wondering if self-cast spark is available to be op as gently caress again

It didn't get a legacy version so no.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Goa Tse-tung posted:

zerker pathing to duelist with the lioneyes jewel (and later to VP) should be playable

you could even go doomfletch (does the 40% more go to the phys damage and then the tripled ele damage too?)

The 40% is after all the damage totals are figured I think. I tried to path something like that but the low base phys of the Prism kind of kills your poison damage.

I did path out a voltaxic pathfinder volly fire build though because that new wed cluster looks nice.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Build paralysis still has me in its grip :smith: Really thinking I might go Pizzasticks or maybe Warchief again, just so my opening build can make the currency to try crazy poo poo later.

funmanguy posted:

I think it's good, and that you are dumb. Pwned
gently caress you funman

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I'm excited to see a list of what items actually drop from reliquary chests. We have some confirmed, but I want to know is kaoms, shavs, consuming dark, divination distillate, and so on can drop. Also it's totally a baseless rumor, but if iiq gems and externals can drop I'll be pretty excited.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This is your quarterly reminder to vet your build list against Mathil's in order to predict market situation.

Oh yeah I need to watch that and avoid it still

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

MMF Freeway posted:

It didn't get a legacy version so no.

Oh yeah, that was retroactive, wasn't it :smith:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hauki posted:

Oh yeah I need to watch that and avoid it still
Haven't watched yet myself too but from the comments there is at least a Terminus Est Assassin and an Ice Crash Slayer.

theshim
May 1, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Haven't watched yet myself too but from the comments there is at least a Terminus Est Assassin and an Ice Crash Slayer.
Ice Crash Slayer seems weird to me, especially since he's grabbing the new cold conversion nodes - it means you're losing out on the phys reflect protection almost entirely, which is a big draw of Slayer. Still probably really good, like Slayer in general.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

funmanguy posted:

I'm excited to see a list of what items actually drop from reliquary chests. We have some confirmed, but I want to know is kaoms, shavs, consuming dark, divination distillate, and so on can drop. Also it's totally a baseless rumor, but if iiq gems and externals can drop I'll be pretty excited.

I'd bet a significant amount that eternal orbs won't be in there. But, who knows...

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cerepol posted:

Can I get a guild invite

Cynocephaly

sent

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Besides the video, he also has a list of builds on the forums that he theorycrafted yesterday : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1813551/page/1/#p14075203

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Could I get like, 15% more life added in the Ranger/Shadow/Duelist area? That'd be swell if they could just magically add a cluster because it's just under my comfort level without having to run all the way over to Marauder.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
They just added an 8% node in this very patch, so you're halfway there!

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Since I haven't been in the Goon guild during a league start and since it seems like we won't be able to buy all skill gems till A3, I wanted to ask if it is it the norm to pick up a few of the often used skill gems to put in the guild bank that other classes might want, e.g., spell totem, faster casting, controlled destruction, etc.?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 3, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

madstrike posted:

Besides the video, he also has a list of builds on the forums that he theorycrafted yesterday : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1813551/page/1/#p14075203
Thanks! I can't stand watching YouTube for things like build guides or coding questions or literally anything else that is quicker just to read.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Servers go down soon/already right? My goal this league is to actually get gud at selling rares, lots of people use the trade macro right?

theshim
May 1, 2012

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Since I haven't been in the Goon guild during a league start and since it seems like we won't be able to buy all skill gems till A3, I wanted to ask if it is it the norm to pick up a few of a often used skill gems to put in the guild bank that other classes might want, e.g., spell totem, faster casting, controlled destruction, etc.?
I usually try to grab some duplicates, since people often are asking for them. It's especially helpful at league start, though Siosa selling them now is a really nice bit of QoL.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just ask in gchat and someone will get them for you especially in the beginning of a new league .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Unless you are doing SSF

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That said, SRS and Pizzasticks don't rely on uniques and thus are much cheaper than the FOTM for a starter build. Can always switch to something else later ir make new characters (or use SRS/Pizzasticks to build currency for HC, which I'm thinking about playing again this league because I R DUM)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

Servers go down soon/already right? My goal this league is to actually get gud at selling rares, lots of people use the trade macro right?
TradeMacro is convenient to check equipments stats and rolls, and to do rudimentary price check for some things - it generally sucks at checking items with any kinds of complex variable stats, but deals okay with gem levels and quality, and various non-currency items. It has plenty of other functionality, like quick whispers and party invites and so on to speed up the trading process itself, but I prefer to use Trades Helper for that - it creates a small window that orders in queue form all trade whispers you have received, and lets you quickly go through them with invites and such. For many it may be an overkill, but I'm not shy to trade even garbage so it helps when bunch of people are whispering in a short period of time.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

euphronius posted:

Just ask in gchat and someone will get them for you especially in the beginning of a new league .

Thinking if you want lvl 1 ones. I'm pretty sure people won't be hanging around lvl 8 or 18 for very long.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It just takes a regret to get them to 1.

papanugget
Aug 8, 2000
I got purged after quitting BHC. Can I get an invite please?

IGN:papanugget

Thanks in advance.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

papanugget posted:

I got purged after quitting BHC. Can I get an invite please?

IGN:papanugget

Thanks in advance.

Says character does not exist

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
If you delete all your characters before the league start do you get kicked from the guild?

papanugget
Aug 8, 2000

TheRat posted:

Says character does not exist

Sorry that was my account name.

One of my characters is Dick_Gozinya

Thanks again.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I got super busy and didn't get to play Breach, and Essence was my first league; I'm essentially super new. Is there a bang-for-your-buck build that someone that can't devote a whole bunch of time can do? My first real character was an Exploding Arrow, uh, deulist? Then I messed around with a Flame Totem guy and that seemed waaaay quicker to get going. I really like that automated AOE hellscape he put out.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

If you delete all your characters before the league start do you get kicked from the guild?

It's account-bound so I doubt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Target Practice posted:

I got super busy and didn't get to play Breach, and Essence was my first league; I'm essentially super new. Is there a bang-for-your-buck build that someone that can't devote a whole bunch of time can do? My first real character was an Exploding Arrow, uh, deulist? Then I messed around with a Flame Totem guy and that seemed waaaay quicker to get going. I really like that automated AOE hellscape he put out.

Seems flameblast totem is the way to go. Start as anything on the left/uppper/mid side of the tree.

• Locked thread