Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
say what you want about the tea party they did succeed in taking over the vast majority of state legislatures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

say what you want about the tea party they did succeed in taking over the vast majority of state legislatures

Never underestimate the power of angry yelling

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mordor She Wrote posted:

What did Republicans learn from their tantrum other than to double down on it and tantrum harder?

And it worked, so let's do it too

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
is trump hosed yet

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Third World Reggin posted:

is trump hosed yet

he's not spending as much time twitter shitposting as president as he imagined the job would entail but other than that he seems to be doing alright

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Obamacare was a rip off, I can give you a number for it - +160$ a month currently is what I'm being gouged over pre-Obamacare

Then why did you switch to an OBamacare plan over the cheaper plan you had previously?

It's painfully obvious you don't fully understand what's going on:

- Obamacare implemented... people must now have insurance, which is great because for decades responsible people have paid the tab for uninsured who rack up insane medical bills
- Insurance companies realize that they can raise costs across the board, because clueless people will blame it on Obamacare
- Spunky Psycho Ho falls for it

Also, dashes aren't colons

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

apart from tantrumping they also managed to sustain political momentum for the entire obummer two terms to accomplish their goals

if the left can do that or a leftist dem faction that would be great, tyvm in advance america

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Let's take over all the bird houses, really double down on calling Republicans russians, and girdlock all government functions! Apparently this is the way to success.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Let's take over all the bird houses, really double down on calling Republicans russians, and girdlock all government functions! Apparently this is the way to success.

I'm not sure what the bird house thing is about but otherwise yes

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Barack Obama murdered American citizens with flying robots, and made broad increases in a program that allows our government to intercept anyone's dick pics at any time anywhere across the globe. Our past presidents are have only failed to be listed among the greatest genocides and horrific acts of war known to mankind because mankind has managed so many very large examples to place at the top of that ladder.

Oh but Donald Trump might be friends with people in a different country.

You know what you're right, I'm loving terrified. What do?

Drunk Nerds posted:

- Insurance companies realize that they can raise costs across the board, because clueless people will blame it on Obamacare

And governors block health care legislation and outsource their states' exchange websites to India to pocket the money they save so the whole system is awful and you know who is to blame?

The opposing political party, those bastards.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Knight posted:

Can't say I didn't expect you to say that, but whatever you've gotta tell yourself. Trump is an elitist who hob-knobs with politicians and billionaires to line his pockets at the expense of the people, but he sells supporters and enablers the fantasy that he's a wildcard who the establishment is out to get in a bitter grudge because "they" lost the election! Meanwhile he keeps the system running as always, benefiting the rich and powerful at the expense of the common man, bombing foreign countries and putting his family and friends in positions of power. But you can keep defending his obvious lies and shady behavior, or any other of his dangerous faults, because the only real problem you'll talk about is that boogeyman over there! They're all in cahoots and sooo jealous, it's pathetic!

Trump is 100% an elitist but he's also 100% not in the same elitist circle the US typically draws executive branch leaders from. I would rather have had an elitist from the Ivy-League group but that doesn't mean I'm going to start pretending like that group doesn't exist and actively attempt to sabotage Trump at every turn because he hosed up their gig.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

This strategy seems to have failed the Democrats multiple times in recent history in regards to copying Republican tactics but maybe it will be different this time!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

revdrkevind posted:

Barack Obama murdered American citizens with flying robots, and made broad increases in a program that allows our government to intercept anyone's dick pics at any time anywhere across the globe. Our past presidents are have only failed to be listed among the greatest genocides and horrific acts of war known to mankind because mankind has managed so many very large examples to place at the top of that ladder.

And governors block health care legislation and outsource their states' exchange websites to India to pocket the money they save so the whole system is awful and you know who is to blame?

Trump killed an eight year old American girl his first week in office bruh

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

revdrkevind posted:

So what's the deal with your tiny penis? Or at least the story behind that red text

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

The woke 8 year olds said this would happen :tinfoil:

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Drone striking children and weddings is ok as long as it's a president from MY political party.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

This was inevitable no matter who became president bruh, one could say it's a horrendous consequence of the American foreverwar.

E: What makes this particular child casualty extra news-worthy is that her teenage brother was killed in a drone strike by the previous administration. Talk about the fates aligning

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 3, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

This was inevitable no matter who became president bruh, one could say it's a horrendous consequence of the American foreverwar.

sounds like commie talk to me

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
here's some light reading for y'all:

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1gg6SdgftOynibeZjThGfa6eN8myZFYgtv7ztdJgeJSU/mobilebasic

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
People turn to conspiracies for psychological comfort. They allow people to believe we don't live in a crazy unpredictable world where JFK can get his head blown off by a nutjob or psychopaths can level two skyscrapers. Some omnipotent government is in control of everything and even if they are evil at least someone is in control.

The Russian conspiracy allows people to believe that Trump didn't fairly win an election, and half of America isn't behind him. The pendulum did not swing the other way; instead it's all a dastardly plot by the Russians and many gullible fellow Americans have just been brainwashed by fake news. If they just try hard enough they can uncover the plot and we can put this whole mess behind us.

For pizzagate I guess the appeal is that the who's who of hated and corrupt elites is finally going to meet justice. They'll rot in prison rather than be comfortable millionaires living out pleasant lives. People on both sides need to accept reality, be rational, and stop embarrassing themselves.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

CBT Time posted:

People turn to conspiracies for psychological comfort. They allow people to believe we don't live in a crazy unpredictable world where JFK can get his head blown off by a nutjob or psychopaths can level two skyscrapers. Some omnipotent government is in control of everything and even if they are evil at least someone is in control.

The Russian conspiracy allows people to believe that Trump didn't fairly win an election, and half of America isn't behind him. The pendulum did not swing the other way; instead it's all a dastardly plot by the Russians and many gullible fellow Americans have just been brainwashed by fake news. If they just try hard enough they can uncover the plot and we can put this whole mess behind us.

For pizzagate I guess the appeal is that the who's who of hated and corrupt elites is finally going to meet justice. They'll rot in prison rather than be comfortable millionaires living out pleasant lives. People on both sides need to accept reality, be rational, and stop embarrassing themselves.

Russia selectively leaking information to influence an election in favor of a candidate they like isn't really a conspiracy. Hell they probably learned to do that from us.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Manafort resigned (or was asked to resign by Trump) because of his Russian ties.

Flynn was fired by Trump, not the democrats.

Sessions recused himself from any investigations involving the Russian hacking of our elections.

Maybe if Trump wants people to stop talking about his ties to Russia he should stop firing people for their ties to Russia.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Russia selectively leaking information to influence an election in favor of a candidate they like isn't really a conspiracy. Hell they probably learned to do that from us.

especially when the other candidate was threatening them with war

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yes, actually.

But I'll probably be saying that about Trump after I see the next republican president since intelligence and competence are on a steep downward trend.

It's worth noting that the only competent president the Republicans have had in the last 40+ years was the first George Bush and that's the one the republicans don't like.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

really queer Christmas posted:

So what's the deal with your tiny penis? Or at least the story behind that red text

I was mentally abused, but I'm a man so obviously it's okay to laugh at me. I should man up.

NotWearingPants posted:

Manafort resigned (or was asked to resign by Trump) because of his Russian ties.

Sessions recused himself from any investigations involving the Russian hacking of our elections.

Maybe if Trump wants people to stop talking about his ties to Russia he should stop firing people for their ties to Russia.

Maybe if people would read Art of the Deal, they'd realize this is a classic form of bartering that he does to shift opponents' emphasis to an area where they feel like they can win, freeing him to get concessions he actually wants.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

this should be posted on every page

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
No I don't miss W yet and I doubt I ever will. I think microplastics in the water cycle may be eroding our already short attention spans.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

NotWearingPants posted:

lol that anyone would argue this is a conspiracy that doesn't involve Russia and the President just lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Toadvine posted:

No I don't miss W yet and I doubt I ever will.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm also lolin' that Trump has done a better job at delegitimizing his own presidency than he did Obama's.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Then why did you switch to an OBamacare plan over the cheaper plan you had previously?

It's painfully obvious you don't fully understand what's going on:

- Obamacare implemented... people must now have insurance, which is great because for decades responsible people have paid the tab for uninsured who rack up insane medical bills
- Spunky Psycho Ho falls for it

Also, dashes aren't colons

Please explain more about your take on Obamacare since you fully understand what is going on. I am having trouble following you.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

It's worth noting that the only competent president the Republicans have had in the last 40+ years was the first George Bush and that's the one the republicans don't like.

The Bushes are Republican royalty!

solar energy panel fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 3, 2017

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"The Republicans did it, so we should do it too!"

Said the plucky Democratic voter, whose party stood for nothing anymore.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think it's a reasonable strategy to make TRump seem as illegitimate as possible to counter his narrative that the country is behind him.

The alternative would only strengthen Trump's narrative.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Panzeh posted:

I think it's a reasonable strategy to make TRump seem as illegitimate as possible to counter his narrative that the country is behind him.

The alternative would only strengthen Trump's narrative.

The strategy makes sense to a DC party-minded crowd, but it's completely ridiculous otherwise.

Americans don't care about Russia. Americans don't trust the media about Russia. Americans don't care about DC politicking.

If you wanna stop Trump you need a solid opposition with a solid message. Instead you have weird Democratic jingoism against a strong GOP who isn't going to prosecute its own people. What is any of this accomplishing?

Democrats love the optics of a Putin puppet master, but they don't realize that in the real world nobody gives a poo poo.

P.S. Democrats don't have to counter Trump's claim that he has a mandate. People know he's not that popular. They should focus on attacking his terrible policies now.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

Flynn was fired for lying. Sessions recusing is easy to understand. If you are serious about putting an end to rumors you want to avoid even the appearance of conflict of interest. There's very little information about what really went down with Manafort but again it was likely to get people quit playing six degrees of Vladimir Putin. You can criticize Trump for getting rid of these people but not getting rid of them would look less guilty somehow? Manafort where Bannon is now, Flynn still Flynning, and Sessions saying deal with it? A huge swath of the IC would love to take Trump down and the best they can come up with is "no evidence". the truth is out there

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Thank you friends for your advice on what the democrats should be doing instead of hyping the "Compromised by Russia" thing.

It is very kind of you. You are good people.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
how many policies can we care about before it becomes "too many policies" and it completely nullifies our argument?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
more like lol trump's schumer's hosed, am i rite?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837722869106880517

right? Couldn't find a picture of Hillary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Knight posted:

more like lol trump's schumer's hosed, am i rite?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837722869106880517

right? Couldn't find a picture of Hillary?

Do you know what that is code for when you go for "donuts and coffee" with someone, right?

• Locked thread