Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I was really worried about the amount of privilege I had, but I ended up in negative numbers after i got to the disability column and was able to knock off 200 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

obv ironic but I love that being an affluent male banker from the UAE is considered worse than being a deaf, retarded, homeless, disfigured woman

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Uhh why are Jews more privileged than Christians?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Uhh why are Jews more privileged than Christians?

why indeed, friend, why indeed...

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Would smash that like a corvair.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I'm so unprivileged this guy forgot my country

I'm fascinated how China/urban is more privileged than living in Spain

I have to imagine there are more urban dwellers in China than people in Europe

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1PKe4tbNmE

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Where THE gently caress is the penguin. I waited for like 10 minutes.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

moller posted:

Where THE gently caress is the penguin. I waited for like 10 minutes.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

look alexandra is proud of her irish heritage ok why do y'all keep calling her racist

Not proud enough to insist on a shamrock, instead of a lovely four leaf clover.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

that one extremely specific piece of technology this old person will ever be capable of using (same for Trumpy and his S3 I suppose)

quote:

According to Abedin, “It was not uncommon for Clinton to use a new BlackBerry for a few days and then immediately switch it out for an older version with which she was more familiar.” She deemed one upgraded BlackBerry “too heavy.” That personal preference proved challenging because she churned through devices at a steady clip—all told, the FBI figured that she’d used around a dozen BlackBerrys during her tenure at the State Department. While she never reported losing a BlackBerry, Clinton replaced one after she spilled coffee on it, another because its trackball started to fail slowly over time, and another when its screen cracked.

Aides would help set up the new devices and sync them with the email server; Cooper recalled disposing of old devices by breaking them in half or hitting them with a hammer. Clinton didn’t know her own email login information, so Hanley would generally enter the information as necessary, change the password, and tell Abedin, Cooper and Pagliano about a new password.

Clinton at one time requested a secure BlackBerry “after hearing President Obama had one,” but ultimately the State Department decided that it wasn’t feasible to give her one. Instead, her device of preference ended up being the BlackBerry Curve 8310, because the trackball feature was easier than the track pad on newer models like the BlackBerry 8700G, which she tried and rejected. Thus, as the BlackBerrys were upgraded, it became harder to find the style Clinton liked. Hanley said she generally purchased the devices from the AT&T store in Dupont Circle, though one came from Pentagon City Mall, and, later, she started to purchase them proactively to help ensure Clinton’s preference would be available. (She even recalled at one point turning to eBay or Amazon to purchase one.) After buying a device, she’d file for a reimbursement from the Clintons’ personal funds, managed by Justin Cooper in New York.

And there was a lot to print: Clinton didn’t like reading long emails—the BlackBerry font was too small—so she’d often forward such stuff to staff to print. Deluged by tasks and information, Abedin reported that she’d often print and pass along documents to Clinton “without reading them.” The FBI also uncovered hundreds of emails sent to one of the Clinton family’s staff on the presidentclinton.com domain requesting that he print emails for her to read. Printing problems dogged Clinton’s team as they traveled the world, too. While special Mobile Communications Teams would outfit hotel rooms overseas with computers hooked up to the State Department network for Abedin or Hanley to use, the FBI found, “it was not uncommon for [aide Monica] Hanley to use her personal Gmail account to print from the mobile DoS unclassified terminal because even though she was using a DoS computer, the DoS connection was unreliable.”

She has, according to multiple aides, never even learned how to use a desktop computer.

New documents tell the full, strange story of a technophobic VIP, a sloppy State Department, and the jerry-rigged computer that held it all together.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
she loved those garbage phones

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

its cool this is legal now lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

I'm Tyronhe's deadpan stare.

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 12:00 on Mar 3, 2017

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

ugh, total sausage fest

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

ugh, total sausage fest

Hillary is the one wearing a hood.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I wonder who's behind the skull mask, or if it's an actual animated skeleton

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Powaqoatse posted:

dthats cheney, without his normal mask on

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

ugh, total sausage fest

"But it's not just the ratty part of town. The upper class in San Francisco is that way. The Bohemian Grove, which I attend from time to time . . . It is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine with that San Francisco crowd. I can't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco."

- Richard M. Nixon

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

twoday posted:

"But it's not just the ratty part of town. The upper class in San Francisco is that way. The Bohemian Grove, which I attend from time to time . . . It is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine with that San Francisco crowd. I can't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco."

- Richard M. Nixon

http://gawker.com/my-summer-job-at-the-bohemian-grove-serving-milkshakes-1763551409

quote:

There were a few things that made [working at Bohemian Grove] special. The rear end in a top hat customer yelling at you about something out of your control could be our next president. Or it could be Jeb Bush.

Devon remembered a night when she had to break it to the ex-Republican presidential candidate that she couldn’t get him a milkshake. “The pastry chefs are busy making dessert for everyone, so there are rules about when you can order milkshakes,” she said. “One night, Jeb Bush is there, and he flags me down and asks for a milkshake. I give him my spiel about why you can’t get a milkshake before 8 pm. He’s like, ‘No, I really want a milkshake.’ I’m like, ‘I’m sorry, sir, I can’t get you one.’ So he asks to speak to my manager.” Like his presidential campaign, Bush’s milkshake confrontation would end in defeat. “So I find a manager and tell him what’s going on. He goes back over to the table and tells him basically the same thing I did. Jeb Bush gets kind of angry. He says something like, ‘Do you know who I am?!’ My manager bends down and says, ‘Yes, sir, I know who you are. But the milkshake rule still applies to you.’”

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Powaqoatse posted:

Da share z0ne finally made it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump would have got his milkshake

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
boheimen grove is where rich, powerful men go to drink and put on gay theater poo poo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Darkman Fanpage posted:

boheimen grove is where rich, powerful men go to drink and put on gay theater poo poo

but not drink milk shakes

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The boys are in the yard. They were promised milk shakes. WTF, service staff?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Famous video game character Nigel Farage got knighted by a little girl on Russia Today

The girl then said to him afterward 'my mommy says u hate foreigners'

https://www.indy100.com/article/nigel-farage-knighted-small-child-russia-today-sam-delaney-news-thing-7610236

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

jeb bush exists in a state of constantly being owned by every one and every thing around him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

A Handed Missus posted:

Famous video game character Nigel Farage got knighted by a little girl on Russia Today

The girl then said to him afterward 'my mommy says u hate foreigners'

https://www.indy100.com/article/nigel-farage-knighted-small-child-russia-today-sam-delaney-news-thing-7610236

heres it in tweet form

https://twitter.com/ryxnf/status/837711835918893057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i feel bad for that girl being coached to perform in political theater

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Powaqoatse posted:

i feel bad for that girl being coached to perform in political theater

Meh. It was just a comedian (the guy who's show it is) doing a bit.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Best Giraffe posted:

jeb bush exists in a state of constantly being owned by every one and every thing around him

Only Jeb! could go to the loving Bohemian Grove and end up getting shut down by the obsequious wait staff.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Only Jeb! could go to the loving Bohemian Grove and end up getting shut down by the obsequious wait staff.

truly, he is a man without peer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
So instead of nominating the waiter as the night's human sacrifice, he talks to the manager. Sad!