Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there's a bonus unit in this event called the golden bomb, on pro with two cinques and the 4* friend unit i got 393 base phantoma and 688 bonus phantoma.

it had 35k~ hps and was weak to ice, no idea what it does as i killed it in one round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I've been chaining firion's blade blitz with phantom shadow and dual cast meteor+ultima. Everything dies.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

got another golden bomb, it appears to replace the second fight. theoretically between it and the guy you cant kill you could get some serious rear end bonus if you got lucky

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Being teleported to the front of the moogle king when going to the farplane A++ Quality of life upgrade would praise again

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shoenin posted:

Being teleported to the front of the moogle king when going to the farplane A++ Quality of life upgrade would praise again

its just one less click but it is nice

also i know everybody hates these mog king events but i always pull for a couple bonus units and really enjoy doing them, i can't really explain it

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I like the free summon tickets I get and the occasionally good gear. I just wish they were less repetitive. I miss the Mogcake event where you could grind whatever stage you wanted for mats.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Welp, threw 8 tickets at the banner hoping to get a headstart on phantoma grinding with some bonus units. Got 3 Cinques and bunch of other 3*s. Was hoping for possibly one gold. :negative: I really hope they open the rest of the Type 0 characters to bonuses next week, like they did with Lightning during the FF13 event. Granted I only got Seven instead of Ace, but even that bonus would be a lot more useful.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pulled the queen, send me your invites if you care about this garbage event.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Seems like another event where its way faster to take a strong single unit (even a magic user!) and blaze through PRO with as many event bonus units as possible.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
The tidbits of lore from these 2 events make FF0 seem like a really cool game

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Any special strategies once it starts getting more complicated?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Voodoo posted:

Seems like another event where its way faster to take a strong single unit (even a magic user!) and blaze through PRO with as many event bonus units as possible.

olive can solo elt easily

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Could use some help thinking about teambuilding. I have no TMs. My current teams are Bartz - CoD - Refia - Exdeath - Cecil/Rain (depending on need). Magic team is Cecil - Exdeath - Exdeath - Arc - Ariana. No base 5-stars. Then, in the last week and a half, I lucked out and got Emperor and Olive. I've also got access to most of the recent base 4-stars - Mercedes, Leon, Shine, etc etc. How should I remake my teams?

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Holy poo poo the dunes are buffed to hell, double metal gigantaurs? yes please

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Funktor posted:

Could use some help thinking about teambuilding. I have no TMs. My current teams are Bartz - CoD - Refia - Exdeath - Cecil/Rain (depending on need). Magic team is Cecil - Exdeath - Exdeath - Arc - Ariana. No base 5-stars. Then, in the last week and a half, I lucked out and got Emperor and Olive. I've also got access to most of the recent base 4-stars - Mercedes, Leon, Shine, etc etc. How should I remake my teams?

If you could get the TMs from Olive, Bartz, and Shine and throw them on Olive that would be a good start. If you're not going to do TMs your best bet would probably be to build around Emperor and the 2 Exdeaths. IMO mages tend to be better than physical DPS if you don't have TMs.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 3, 2017

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

Holy poo poo the dunes are buffed to hell, double metal gigantaurs? yes please

I got five gigantuars my last run

That's a hell of a change.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Go RV! posted:

I got five gigantuars my last run

That's a hell of a change.

Theoretical max at this point is 6 gigantuars, 3 in the final stage, 2 on the 2nd, and 1 on the first. If you can get 2 on the first or 3 on the 2nd it's 7, could even be 8 or 9 if both of those things are true.

:eyepop:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I literally spent all my energy this week getting Greg to 6* via the maze.

God damnit.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Welp, tossed a handful of tickets at the banner in hopes of a bonus unit and it threw Queen at me after a pair of off-banner golds instead of the expected swarm of 3* that I usually get..

687 257 447, plenty of room.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cry Havoc posted:

olive can solo elt easily

Does Olive's Mortar Beacon on the 3rd turn mess you up against Nimbus?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He only kills 2 dudes a turn and appears at the very end of the run and always leaves on t3 so even if he snipes a few kills it shouldn't be an issue

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tiger Millionaire posted:

He only kills 2 dudes a turn and appears at the very end of the run and always leaves on t3 so even if he snipes a few kills it shouldn't be an issue

Cool, I thought once he attacked he kept attacking.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody killed a nimbus?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

KDdidit posted:

Does Olive's Mortar Beacon on the 3rd turn mess you up against Nimbus?

no he just flees

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

KDdidit posted:

Cool, I thought once he attacked he kept attacking.

Nah just found out the hard way as I hosed up my swipe to defend and smacked him with a Cecil on t2.

I thought you got a 'survival' bonus vs him but it seems not, so I need to craft some steals.

It's also a one time steal of 250 per encounter. Bring back the rabites.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You can also steal from other bosses for 2 whole phantoma a pop!

Also yeah in Japan he dropped 1500 Phantoma if you attacked him and survived. Nerfed to 0 here.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Unoriginal One posted:

Welp, tossed a handful of tickets at the banner in hopes of a bonus unit and it threw Queen at me after a pair of off-banner golds instead of the expected swarm of 3* that I usually get..

687 257 447, plenty of room.

Added you with my newly acquired Queen.

taking lapis donations to expand my friends list, hail to the queen baby.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So I've managed to get what, five tickets and probably my last ten half off pulls and literally nothing off a banner. I don't even. But I guess a third Cecil and Miyuki would be OK consolation prizes if I had the lapis to TM grind.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i didn't get a miyuki for so long, got one a few weeks ago, and got another today trying to pull banner units. and a fourth snow :psyduck: and an nth chizuru, i think fourth or fifth now, and my sixth exdeath and cod. it's a shame that multiple cods are extremely hard to gear and her tm sucks.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Nox users: What's the deal with a facebook login screen randomly popping up when TM farming (not using lapis)? It seems to be the Facebook lite app that you can't remove from Nox.

McSpankWich posted:

Theoretical max at this point is 6 gigantuars, 3 in the final stage, 2 on the 2nd, and 1 on the first. If you can get 2 on the first or 3 on the 2nd it's 7, could even be 8 or 9 if both of those things are true.

:eyepop:

It's probably because the info for the 4th dunes stage was added and that stage drops gigantaurs and cactaur clusters (or whatever they're called) which give something like 100k exp. When that stage is available PRO won't be worth it even if you got 6 gigantuars per run.

The 4th stage of the gil turtle was in game for about an hour not long ago too.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
If people are having trouble on Elt and don't have a mega Olive or something, I've been having a ton of luck with ling and my 625 Atk noctis using dance of death and fire flask to paralyze the end boss. I have yet to fail to paralyze him and obviously from there the fight is a breeze. So bring dudes that can paralyze if you can't take it down on turn one

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Either my units have gotten that much better, or this mog event is a complete pushover

I believe the latter. Not that I'm running with trash really anymore. But an arena mags team definitely makes soup of pro. I ground the Elite with a physical team, and that was not really hard. A bunch of barrage, imperil, breaks, dual casts of magic and healing. Nothing soul crushing likes the last few I wandered into.

I still use Dangerous Gimp Bunny

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Hey guys, I'm a new player that just started last week. So far my team is Olive, Butz, Terra, Kefka, and Duane. None of my team is enhanced so far, all of my characters are 3* apart from Olive.

As far as farming goes, should I focus on cactuars till I get max level, or phantom things, and if I get enough phantom things what should I focus on purchasing? I only have a few good swords, so the good sword seems good value, but I'm unsure as to the rest. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Also which TM should I focus on with moogles?

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 3, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cleared out about 15 spots. If you can include something about SA on your profile it will help immensely.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I had a horrible thought, what if Gumi brings back that carven exploration and adds another level and a new sword recipe that takes multiple shining splendors to craft. :shepicide:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ubiquitus posted:

Hey guys, I'm a new player that just started last week. So far my team is Olive, Butz, Terra, Kefka, and Duane. None of my team is enhanced so far, all of my characters are 3* apart from Olive.

As far as farming goes, should I focus on cactuars till I get max level, or phantom things, and if I get enough phantom things what should I focus on purchasing? I only have a few good swords, so the good sword seems good value, but I'm unsure as to the rest. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Also which TM should I focus on with moogles?

Focus on Olives TM first and then Bartz for Olive.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

I had a horrible thought, what if Gumi brings back that carven exploration and adds another level and a new sword recipe that takes multiple shining splendors to craft. :shepicide:

Hail Satan

Aside: I'm going to bank at least 200 cactaurs this weekend. These dunes are amazing.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Nox users: What's the deal with a facebook login screen randomly popping up when TM farming (not using lapis)? It seems to be the Facebook lite app that you can't remove from Nox.

You can "remove" it if you go into the App settings and disable it. It's Settings -> Apps -> Slide over to All. Then scroll down till you find Facebook Lite and clear cache/disable.

I use Nox all day and have never had that thing, so this must fix it.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

hamsystem posted:

Cleared out about 15 spots. If you can include something about SA on your profile it will help immensely.

says youre at max capacity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Cry Havoc posted:

says youre at max capacity

Yeah got the same message. Someone makes friends fast!

• Locked thread