Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

the paradigm shift posted:

This is basically anywhere.

Not everywhere gets rated the most segregated and most corrupt city in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

Not everywhere gets rated the most segregated and most corrupt city in the country.

the most segregated city is cleveland tho

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

How segregated a city is is subjective, so there's no definitive list. There's a lot of different institutions that make rankings on the subject, and they all have their own data and methodology. But generally, the results all come out about the same. Chicago is so high that it often comes up in first. As an example, UIC did a report where Chicago came out in first last year.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/05/news/economy/chicago-segregated/

The takeaway being that Chicago is extremely segregated.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
one day i hope the supreme court puts a stop to corporate terms of service

too bad it'll never happen because america is terrible

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Let's also not forget that the first pitch W. threw out at the Yankees game after 9/11 is by far the most "Presidential" moment of the past 50 years. Sure he made some dumb decisions (all presidents do) but as more and more time goes by i've actually come to respect the man. He was dealt an awfully lovely hand and made the mistake of surrounding himself with a handful of idiots, and I don't think history will judge him nearly as harshly as we all thought 10 years ago.
On top of that, read up on what he did with HIV in Africa. Tbh W. deserved the Nobel Peace Prize far more than Obama, but the Iraq War ruined his chances.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

whodathunkit

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

another teemo playing dadchatter eurgh

Teemo isn't blue you god drat doofus!

Its veigar

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Teemo isn't blue you god drat doofus!

Its veigar
sounds like rammus who spent too much time in the cold :colbert:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think they also buffed tahm kench. I can't remember if his passive health damage was tied to his ult three seasons ago. He's my favorite, though not my best.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
george w was elected by the supreme court, started two disastrous quagmire wars, passed the beginnings of school privatization "reform", slashed taxes to the bone before an economic collapse he did little to prevent, and passed the patriot act.

he deserves no rehabilitation.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

stone cold posted:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cease to Hope posted:

george w was elected by the supreme court, started two disastrous quagmire wars, passed the beginnings of school privatization "reform", slashed taxes to the bone before an economic collapse he did little to prevent, and passed the patriot act.

he deserves no rehabilitation.

Enabled Dick Cheney.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

stone cold posted:

i thought it was milwaukee

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
there is no universally-agreed-upon unit of segregation

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Volkerball posted:

How segregated a city is is subjective, so there's no definitive list. There's a lot of different institutions that make rankings on the subject, and they all have their own data and methodology. But generally, the results all come out about the same. Chicago is so high that it often comes up in first. As an example, UIC did a report where Chicago came out in first last year.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/05/news/economy/chicago-segregated/

The takeaway being that Chicago is extremely segregated.

dude you can barely pass algebra 1 without buying a 100 dollar loving calculator, I don't think you should really try to get into the weeds.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 3, 2017

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Cease to Hope posted:

If there were, what would it be called? A Wallace?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Pirate Radar posted:

lol, i like that

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cease to Hope posted:

i believe the SI unit for measuring segregation is the whitey

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
actually it's the sound of a hastily locked car door

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Pirate Radar posted:

Theids

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
vb is an idiot but chicago is really segregated, even by the standards of midwestern cities

Pirate Radar posted:

a Crow

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I don't get it, got a link to educate me?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Obviously it's the average median distance between Starbucks and Popeyes over the selected metro area.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i thought it was milwaukee
milwaukee wouldn't count a city even in latvia

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

dude you can barely pass algebra 1 without buying a 100 dollar loving calculator, I don't think you should really try to get into the weeds.

trying to find a definitive "most segregated city" is a fool's errand since there's a number of ways to run those kinds of subjective numbers, but by any metric chicago is a hideously segregated city so i don't really think this is the thing to get snappy at him for tbh

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Pirate Radar posted:

I don't get it, got a link to educate me?

apartheid

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

trying to find a definitive "most segregated city" is a fool's errand since there's a number of ways to run those kinds of subjective numbers, but by any metric chicago is a hideously segregated city so i don't really think this is the thing to get snappy at him for tbh

he's about the last person who should be doing a pedantic well, actually about data

i also don't know why he would think that heavily segregated cities wouldn't also be wantonly corrupt, since high levels of segregation are going to be fueled by cabalist behavior that feeds corruption.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

oh word, city dominated by white assholes who've built machinery for graft also went out of their way to keep Those People contained in their own areas?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
VB doesn't hate Chicago because it's hideously segregated, he hates it because he hates cities and urban areas.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

oh word, city dominated by white assholes who've built machinery for graft also went out of their way to keep Those People contained in their own areas?

you can just say midwestern city, it's a lot shorter

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

VB doesn't hate Chicago because it's hideously segregated, he hates it because he hates cities and urban areas.

i wonder why this is

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

milwaukee wouldn't count a city even in latvia

In all fairness milwaukee is also really lovely

In every single way

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

fishmech posted:

apartheid

Ohhhh, duh

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i wonder why this is

maybe he should try a whole bunch of different cities just to be sure

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

first stop on the grand city tour: los angeles

second stop: dakar

third stop: shanghai

fourth stop: rekjavik

and so on in this fashion

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

stone cold posted:

first stop on the grand city tour: los angeles

second stop: dakar

third stop: shanghai

fourth stop: rekjavik

and so on in this fashion

An Idiot Abroad Pt 2: Volkerball Edition

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sloober posted:

In all fairness milwaukee is also really lovely

In every single way

Ryan Braun's basically proof of this concept.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
One might assume Swedes would put somewhat decent grips in their packaging. One would be wrong.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Randler posted:

One might assume Swedes would put somewhat decent grips in their packaging. One would be wrong.

something something Swedes something something grip my package

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

something something Swedes something something grip my package
*in stone cold voice* swedish chef is almost a good show

• Locked thread