Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
EAT poo poo WISCONSIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

lol Wisconsin

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
ty Iowa gently caress u wisconsin lol

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
If Northwestern beats Purdue the committee should give the Big Ten all the 7 and 8 seeds and move on to something more important.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Ever see a stadium clap sarcastically for senior montages? Tune in on BTN Sunday at 5!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hawkeeeeeyyyyyeeeeeeessssss!!!!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jordan Bohannon is only a freshman and is already the best Bohannon

Also Iowa in no way should be anywhere close to the NCAA tournament but I am like two games away from making a very stupid argument based around "quality wins"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

let in the whole big ten except for rutgers

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

MourningView posted:

Jordan Bohannon is only a freshman and is already the best Bohannon

Also Iowa in no way should be anywhere close to the NCAA tournament but I am like two games away from making a very stupid argument based around "quality wins"

With this bubble, I think if Iowa wins their next two, they are in a first four game. That would be 20-14 (11-9 vs B10) with wins AT Maryland, AT Wisconsin, vs Purdue, vs Iowa State, vs Michigan. One bad loss to Omaha, I don't really buy Memphis on a neutral as a "bad" loss, at least in the sense that phrase is usually used.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nolan Arenado posted:

With this bubble, I think if Iowa wins their next two, they are in a first four game. That would be 20-14 (11-9 vs B10) with wins AT Maryland, AT Wisconsin, vs Purdue, vs Iowa State, vs Michigan. One bad loss to Omaha, I don't really buy Memphis on a neutral as a "bad" loss, at least in the sense that phrase is usually used.

Tend to agree about Memphis but most of the good wins are also taken down a bit by the conference being trash. Like tonight was rad but Wisconsin is in a free fall. And the Omaha one is really really bad. I think they'd have to win at least a couple in the Big Ten Tournament (and win against Penn State which is very much not a gimmie with as bad as they can be at times). That it's an even faint possibility is ridiculious though, and I am super angry about the ending of the Minnesota game all over again now

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
There's no reason Iowa couldn't win the B10 tournament, honestly. Someone has to. I just want absolute chaos and someone other than Maryland or Michigan State.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

elentar posted:

There's no reason Iowa couldn't win the B10 tournament, honestly. Someone has to. I just want absolute chaos and someone other than Maryland or Michigan State.

it will prob be purdue or minnesota

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

elentar posted:

Back in December I made the decision that going to the BTT for all the non-Wednesday games would be cool, and doing so while crashing at my friends place in DC 1.5 miles from the Verizon was easier than dealing with the United Center or driving to Indy. Over the last two weeks it's been clear #teamchaos is the only way I'll actually enjoy going to the games.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
gently caress Iowa State

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

There's a bracket out there with Georgia Tech (17-13) and Wake Forest (17-12) in and Wichita State (27-4) and Illinois State (25-5) out.

Wake should be in but lol at Tech.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

gently caress Iowa State

I'm so glad tonight's game is at 4pm PST so I can easily avoid the temptation of watching a loss against wvu.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Harvard at Princeton tipping off now in the closest thing the Ivy will have to a title game. Princeton probably has the thing wrapped up since they just need to beat Dartmouth tomorrow, but this is the last real obstacle to their running the Ivy table.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

elentar posted:

Harvard at Princeton tipping off now in the closest thing the Ivy will have to a title game. Princeton probably has the thing wrapped up since they just need to beat Dartmouth tomorrow, but this is the last real obstacle to their running the Ivy table.

They have a tournament this year, top four teams make it. It's the end of an era. :smith:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Nolan Arenado posted:

They have a tournament this year, top four teams make it. It's the end of an era. :smith:

Well, poo poo.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

gently caress Iowa State

I think that you will find that West Virginia is the one that should get hosed.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Go Camels, up 29-26 over Radford at halftime. Chris Clemons has 69 points in the last game and a half...

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nolan Arenado posted:

Go Camels, up 29-26 over Radford at halftime. Chris Clemons has 69 points in the last game and a half...

I will never forgive them for 2011

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Looking good for the Camel, heading to the finals probably to get owned by Winthrop. Clemons hit 30 again.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Cyclone Own Zone imo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I haven't smoked a camel in 15 years and yet here I am wanting one

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

MourningView posted:

I will never forgive them for 2011

I honestly completely forgot about that game. Which is for the best since they pretty much beat the poo poo out of Iowa.

I'm going to have to forgive them because they're going to be playing Winthrop, and I associate them with Gregg Marshall.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 4, 2017

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Cyclones have decided to suck this half.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Nolan Arenado posted:

Gregg Marshall.

speaking of, Wichita State is playing angry.

I can't see how it's possible they would get left out of any bracket, but it would be hilarious.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

elentar posted:

Wichita State left out of any bracket

Inshallah.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Belmont went down in the OVC semis to Jacksonville State. Only the second game they lost in conference all year.

edit: Gardner-Webb sticking right in with Winthrop, 10 minutes to go...

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 4, 2017

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think that you will find that West Virginia is the one that should get hosed.

I thought of you while writing the lovely Smoking Musket recap tonight:

https://twitter.com/SmokingMusket/status/837850964379971589

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I thought of you while writing the lovely Smoking Musket recap tonight:

https://twitter.com/SmokingMusket/status/837850964379971589

It's nice to be thought of in these trying times.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

It's nice to be thought of.

Even if I apparently cannot spell.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

oh look, robert johnson remembered how to play basketball

it only took him until the last game of the season :smith:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Since Iowa needs every slight edge they can get, it would be nice if Ohio State could come back here. If Iowa beats PSU and gets the 7 seed, it's going to be better for their RPI to play and beat OSU as the 10 seed than it would be Indiana. (yes this assumes a lot of things but screw you, let me dream)

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Here we go again, Kentucky down double digits early in the game.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Here we go again, Kentucky down double digits early in the game.

4 points in 8 minutes is pathetic.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Go Buckeyes, you can do it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Illinois gonna lose to rutgers to set up their 3rd humiliating win over Northwestern, sending both teams to the nit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

gently caress you tom crean, stop putting useless-rear end mcroberts and mcswain into close games

• Locked thread