Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

I haven't mentioned this today yet but gently caress Van Jones and his stupid come together horse poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

"Identity Politics" is a loving stupid term because literally all politics is about identity, especially since the people who say it most follow an ideology based entirely around class identity

Class warfare and identity politics are the same thing, two sides of the same coin

to learn more about this check out my youtube feed at [url]http://[/url]

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Here's one of Trump's top 2 picks to head the Customs and Border Protection agency.

quote:

One of President Donald Trump‘s candidates to head up the federal Customs and Border Protection agency is a former sheriff with a long history of scandal who is currently under investigation by the FBI.

Paul Babeu was Pinal County sheriff for eight years, until Jan. 1 of last year, and his former agency’s use of RICO funds, or money and assets seized during criminal investigations, appears to have raised red flags, leading to questions from federal agents, Vocativ reports.

The FBI seized an unknown number of items from the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office on Feb. 24, authorities confirmed to PinalCentral.

Police spokesperson Navideh Forghani said the items, cellphones and hard drives, that were taken belonged to the previous administration, under Babeu.

The publication notes that the action “comes months after an organization with ties to PCSO was subpoenaed by the FBI.”

Sheriff Mark Lamb replaced Babeu in January and called the budget left behind for him “crap,” saying the amounts given to the Arizona Public Safety Foundation were problematic. The non-profit organization raises money for law enforcement and other first responders.

Critics suggest that the money given to the group was really a “slush fund” for Babeu and his former department.

The American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit in 2015, essentially alleging that the money was being laundered through APSF and funneled back into the police department.

At a minimum, it seems that by funneling money to a private group which buys things for him and his department, Defendant (Sheriff Paul) Babeu is able to avoid procurement laws and other transparency regulations which usually apply to government purchasing,” reads a complaint from the ACLU.

Political Correctness? Not on his watch. He tells it like it is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHYfT3OaznM

quote:

His sisters have been vocal in their opposition to him, with one, Lucy Babeu, claiming she found her brother living with a young man who was a student at a school where he was the headmaster and executive director from 1999 to 2001.

The DeSisto School, in Massachusetts, was the home of rampant physical and sexual abuse. A state investigation found evidence of physical abuse and that students “strip searched” each other and “routinely took group showers,” “leading to sexual abuse.”

Does he have the strength of will to deport all illegals?

quote:

Babeu, a Republican, came out as gay in 2012 after news broke of a relationship he was having with Jose Orozco, a man who was illegally in the country at the time. He said Babeu threatened him with deportation if he revealed that they were in a relationship, a charge the former sheriff denies.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

paranoid randroid posted:

*jnana mudra gesture* all men fall prey to hot takes, eventually

You mortals are like wasps. You build your lives/nests from the slimmest of branches, and when the wind shakes your home/life free, you seek to sting the wind to death. Instead of realizing your foolish mistakes, attempting to repair the damage you have caused yourselves, and learning from your experience, you bring harm to any who have the misfortune to blunder near you in your time of pain and distress. My advice to you - and to all mortals: Stop acting like an insect and start acting sentient.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

"Identity Politics" is a loving stupid term because literally all politics is about identity, especially since the people who say it most follow an ideology based entirely around class identity

its a good way to trap them into that construct so they can never see the light of day again, passage of time will not exist

Feminasty Slut posted:

I haven't mentioned this today yet but gently caress Van Jones and his stupid come together horse poo poo.

all I remember was election nite where Van Jones went, lip aquivering "This is a backlash. A white-lash."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Feminasty Slut posted:

I remember when a hell of a lot of people were like "maybe we should reach across our divisions and try making appeals to jobless crackers" and now they're all "SCORCH THE HINTERLANDS LEAVE NO BONE UNBLACKENED"

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

All will feel the fire of my takes

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Feminasty Slut posted:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bethamphetamine posted:

Holy moly thats disgusting

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

tacodaemon posted:

i swear to god it is simultaneously sunny and flurrying here in DC right now

welcome to just about every day in Oregon.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Fallen Hamprince posted:

All will feel the fire of my takes

There cannot be two skies!

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

i swear to god it is simultaneously sunny and flurrying here in DC right now

Look at this scrub thinking time has to occur linearly under a Donald Trump presidency

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
*thread fills up with Babeu booing*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

now it makes sense as to why she prays

the 8 year old girl torments her every waking life everywhere she goes, always there as a haunting reflection, not truly there but gnawing at the rim of her peripheral.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
https://youtu.be/9x8a6yLndi0?t=55

seriously, listen to that poo poo! i dunno if it's his dentures clacking or what, but ol man rather needs to rub a quarter inch layer of vaseline all over the inside of his mouth before he goes on tv next time, imo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

I remember when a hell of a lot of people were like "maybe we should reach across our divisions and try making appeals to jobless crackers" and now they're all "SCORCH THE HINTERLANDS LEAVE NO BONE UNBLACKENED"

"We need to stop arguing amongst ourselves and unite! Under my opinions of course. Yours are dumb."

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lmao

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

:vince:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

logikv9 posted:

reminder that the C-SPAM TOP DOG COMPETITION NOMINATIONS are ending soon, so better get in your sweet dogs so we can own the other forums
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811350&pagenumber=1

Someone post the thinking dog emoji, both pre and post thinking.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

paranoid randroid posted:

yeah Jacobin can be real dumb from time to time and there is kind of a problem where the left accepts right-wing framing of things

but still lol at handwringing over the alt-left and comparing them to loving nazis

Yeah, I mean, there's arguably a problem that the left is going to suffer from more than the right, and that's that we're susceptible to the idea that originality and out-of-the-box thinking is intrinsically good. And so you'll tend to get tons of articles that are, "ahhh, you think that things are like this, but let me surprise you", regardless of the merit of the argument. I mean, it's good - the left's progressive precisely because it desires change - but it seems to push people into odd grooves when it comes to political thinking and, naturally, a sort of inability to just do the expected thing (particularly, it seems, when it comes to actually loving voting). The right, conversely, can apparently endure 200 years of "we don't like Hillary Clinton" every day and will still click through or whatever it is that people on the right do to interact with the modern world. They probably poke something with a stick.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

If Fox News is making you a mouthpiece for their talking points, doesn't that pretty much make you the baddie?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Counterpoint: 2 Corinithians

What a loving hack.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Shageletic posted:

Someone post the thinking dog emoji, both pre and post thinking.

fk all i have is

can this count as a dog?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bethamphetamine posted:

Here's one of Trump's top 2 picks to head the Customs and Border Protection agency.

Political Correctness? Not on his watch. He tells it like it is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHYfT3OaznM

It's almost like Trump is intentionally picking the most hosed up candidates possible. I'm not sure how he could do this bad otherwise. Like there is always one that is a fruit case in the prior R/D administrations, but not 50.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
When the Woooorllld burnnnns and all life is owwwwwneeed, then TRUMP ssshall at lassst... be at pisssssss.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I have 4 dogs. Three of them are super cute and one looks like a goblin. I'm not sure I possess the willpower to post a picture tho.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

I think people need to understand that in these times it's important to come together and put out differences aside until we drive off Trump and salt the earth where Trump tower once stood.

Then, when the danger has passed, we can rend each other to pieces with infighting and factionalism.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Timotheous Venture posted:

MY FIRST PAGED BALLSNYPE :cheers:

The Spud Emporer of Prune

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

all I remember was election nite where Van Jones went, lip aquivering "This is a backlash. A white-lash."

I really thought Van Jones was gonna be cool & good after his election night speech.

WELP

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Watching Outnumbered on FOX for shits and giggles and Megan McCain is doing some serious mental gymnastics to blame this all on Democrats right now lmao.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

It's almost like Trump is intentionally picking the most hosed up candidates possible. I'm not sure how he could do this bad otherwise. Like there is always one that is a fruit case in the prior R/D administrations, but not 50.

I didn't check, but that's from a Grindr profile isn't it?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZeciX-3wfs

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Venom Snake posted:

where did people get the idea that leftists are dude bro's when frat boys are like one of trumps biggest demo's.

dude bros is shorthand for any brainless meathead with loud opinions

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GobiasIndustries posted:

I really thought Van Jones was gonna be cool & good after his election night speech.

WELP

money will undo the best of people :o:

CNN need that access

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I think people need to understand that in these times it's important to come together and put out differences aside until we drive off Trump and salt the earth where Trump tower once stood.

Then, when the danger has passed, we can rend each other to pieces with infighting and factionalism.

I disagree completely. I think now is the time for an identity crisis. We have absolutely nothing to lose, and if we want to make a comeback, we're gonna need to make some changes. If there was ever a time for introspection, it is now.

If some faction or philosophy manages to drive out Trump, there will be incentive NOT to figure our poo poo out, because that faction or philosophy will be ascendant and you don't want to gently caress up a good thing. Better to get our house in order first, and make sure that the ascendant group is a good one that can last and accomplish great things rather than just whoever managed to scramble to power first and then say "now is the time to unite around me, not question me."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

KiteAuraan posted:

madoka magica really isn't that grimdark.

really tell me more

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

RUM HAM posted:

Watching Outnumbered on FOX for shits and giggles and Megan McCain is doing some serious mental gymnastics to blame this all on Democrats right now lmao.

Rush thinks this is an Obama backed 'soft coup' against Trump. It's all fake!

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

holy moly thanks loogie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*cracks a natty* full communism now, brah

• Locked thread