Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

logikv9 posted:

susan sarandon only backs the best candidates, like ralph nader

Good thing in 2020 we don't need to choose between leftist purity and candidate quality, you can have both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

logikv9 posted:

also what happened to not caring what celebrities think
it's more about other people like Chris Hayes caring about what susan sarandon thinks to the point that they'll try to humiliate her on national television for the grievous offense of criticizing Our Abuela

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

logikv9 posted:

also what happened to not caring what celebrities think

hi, that was just me, not everyone else in the thread

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

comedyblissoption posted:

it's more about other people like Chris Hayes caring about what susan sarandon thinks to the point that they'll try to humiliate her on national television for the grievous offense of criticizing Our Abuela

susan saranson sucks hth

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The opinion of every person on Earth is that celebrities are rightly saying important things from as big a stage as they can when you agree with them, and need to shut up and do their jobs when you disagree with them

This is not unique to any group or demographic

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Gringostar posted:

i'm sure that had nothing to do with all the reports of people being turned away from voting because they were being asked for their id illegally there

people are dumb if they think it was only that clinton was bad, or that it was only voter id fuckery, or if it was only the fbi letter, or if it was only russian interference

it was a combination of all of those plus things i'm not counting that led to her losing

:same:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Gringostar posted:

susan saranson sucks hth

its the key to a healthy marriage

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'd be interested, if the data is available, of money spent per vote received in states.

and then i'd be curious as to just how much money was wasted in arizona

$ per vote is largely a meaningless statistic since so many factors impact how someone votes, not just campaigns. And you hit diminishing returns as spending ramps up.

I don't think she really spent that much in AZ - maybe between 2 and 4 million? But given how close AZ was, I'd say that was a far better investment than the millions she ended up spending in Iowa.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hi, that was just me, not everyone else in the thread

apologies!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Former Everything implicitly agreeing that Hillary was bad :eyepop:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

loquacius posted:

The opinion of every person on Earth is that celebrities are rightly saying important things from as big a stage as they can when you agree with them, and need to shut up and do their jobs when you disagree with them

This is not unique to any group or demographic

the only celebrities i like are dead

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Concerned Citizen posted:

Hillary being a bad candidate doesn't mean she would have won if her team just tried harder. There's no doubt she would have won MI if she had bought ads there, and probably would have won WI. I don't see how any additional resource allocation would have won PA, though. PA was a central focus to the campaign. And they needed all 3 to get to 270

Hillary and her team were unwilling to try harder at finding things that would actually work. So I guess the criticism isn't that they didn't work hard, it's more that they worked stupid.

The sort of hard work that would have won them MI and WI would probably have won them PA too. (as in: finding out what they should actually be saying and then saying that instead of whatever they were already doing)

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

Definitely the leftists, because they're not as mad as I think they should be about this thing the russians definitely did, which is just as bad as doing it themselves

If you're a leftist who thinks the Russian ratfucking didn't happen or didn't matter, and you want to have any sort of influence in the Democratic Party, take note. You probably don't have much more time to get on the right side of this issue. If you don't, the centrists are going to use it to lance you like a boil, and they will be right to do so.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

JeffersonClay posted:

If you're a leftist who thinks the Russian ratfucking didn't happen or didn't matter, and you want to have any sort of influence in the Democratic Party, take note. You probably don't have much more time to get on the right side of this issue. If you don't, the centrists are going to use it to lance you like a boil, and they will be right to do so.

:lol:

who do you think you are posting at exactly

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guys I'm so scared right now, if anyone finds out I hold this reductionist strawman opinion my millions of constituents will turn on me, SA Forums poster JeffersonClay said so :ohdear:

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I'm the only democrat who gives a poo poo about the Russians I'm sure this whole thing will just blow over.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The public doesn't give an iota of a poo poo about the russia story

Even active anti-trump protesters only use it as a 'lock her up!' rallying point

Nobody is going to go "i really like that these new leftists want to give me money and make my life better, but they didn't do anything about Russia"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Why are centrist democrats so loving blind when it comes to optics

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

JeffersonClay posted:

Yeah I'm the only democrat who gives a poo poo about the Russians I'm sure this whole thing will just blow over.

the right only cares about jobs, and when that well dries up im curious to see where they'll focus their misdirected anger

certainly not the russians for interference.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

JeffersonClay posted:

Oh I'm following the Sessions thing and it's great, it's just that that post you wrote was a laughably stupid Internet tough-guy rant directed at an imaginary enemy, bet it felt good to type :)

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

GlyphGryph posted:

Hillary and her team were unwilling to try harder at finding things that would actually work. So I guess the criticism isn't that they didn't work hard, it's more that they worked stupid.

The sort of hard work that would have won them MI and WI would probably have won them PA too. (as in: finding out what they should actually be saying and then saying that instead of whatever they were already doing)

this is a good post and i agree with it, but it's also easier said than done when nothing they really tried mattered due to how trump was covered

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

They're soulless cowards.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

JeffersonClay posted:

Agreed, Hillary's emails are super important.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

GlyphGryph posted:

Well, they clearly thought they had a winning message. Obviously, they were wrong. But I agree there was a fundamental messaging issue, although it's likely as much a messenger issue as well. If they had resolved that, she'd have won all 3 states.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The Russian Thing No One Cares About: The Russians Stole The Election!

The Russian Thing Everyone Cares About: Goddamn Look At These loving Crooked rear end Connections Everyone In Trump's Cabinet Has

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Neurolimal posted:

Because they think reality is an Aaron Sorkin television program and the person with the best argument wins, rather than you know, living in the real world.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Neurolimal posted:

Even active anti-trump protesters only use it as a 'lock her up!' rallying point

Nobody is going to go "i really like that these new leftists want to give me money and make my life better, but they didn't do anything about Russia"

the public actually does care

http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-trump-russia-congress-investigation-2017-2

Grondoth posted:

The Russian Thing No One Cares about : The Russians Stole The Election!

The Russian Thing Everyone Cares about : Goddamn Look At These loving Crooked rear end Connections Everyone In Trump's Cabinet Has

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Grondoth posted:

The Russian Thing Everyone Cares about : Goddamn Look At These loving Crooked rear end Connections Everyone In Trump's Cabinet Has

Treason!

"What treason, I haven't done anything. Prove it." :grin:

*US pulls out of NATO and Ukraine, Turkey, Syria gets annexed*

"There's no connection there, its just coincidence." :grin:

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

loquacius posted:

Former Everything implicitly agreeing that Hillary was bad :eyepop:

She was loving awful, you idiot, and that's why I voted against her in the Dem primary

but this is still the dumbest loving thread with the dumbest loving posters and Hillary being terrible doesn't validate any of the dumb poo poo that gets posted in herre

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Ace of Baes posted:

Because they think reality is an Aaron Sorkin television program and the person with the best argument wins, rather than you know, living in the real world.

JED! Bartlet as a fictional character was a bad president, a bad father, and a bad leftist

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

the russian thing is important in so much as nobody should be happy a foreign power is loving with our elections and our elected officials were probably bought by the same

but they're republicans so odds are they'd sell the country up the river anyway only to different people

and the democrats have other problems that shouldn't be ignored because of it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Grondoth posted:

^^^ people need to remember that there is more than one "Russian Thing"

also: "crooked rear end connections everyone in Trump's cabinet has and then lied under oath about having"

Former Everything posted:

She was loving awful, you idiot, and that's why I voted against her in the Dem primary

but this is still the dumbest loving thread with the dumbest loving posters and Hillary being terrible doesn't validate any of the dumb poo poo that gets posted in herre

jeez you're acting like it's everyone else's fault you post here

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Neurolimal posted:

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/837674719524577282

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

JeffersonClay posted:

things that russians have alleged to have done w/ literally no public evidence presented so far:
  • leaked a month's worth of DNC primary emails
  • leaked podesta emails

that's loving it

who the gently caress gives a poo poo

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

honestly, i'm fine letting the dem establishment stay focused on the russia thing while actual progressives take over the party from the ground up

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also when the above emails were leaked, all the democratic operatives and liberal news media and even hillfolk in this forum screamed that it was a "nothingburger"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gringostar posted:

honestly, i'm fine letting the dem establishment stay focused on the russia thing while actual progressives take over the party from the ground up
Progressive takeover is coming any minute now but frankly my jaw is starting to hurt.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Gringostar posted:

keep em busy huh

its all they've got to go on in the ashes of their battleground :hai:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Russia is p bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Neurolimal posted:

Lol it's like 90% of democrats and 65% of independents but those are just numbers right?

loquacius posted:

Oh I'm following the Sessions thing and it's great, it's just that that post you wrote was a laughably stupid Internet tough-guy rant directed at an imaginary enemy, bet it felt good to type :)

I'm not imagining Glenn Greenwald or the Jacobin and the dumb leftists who parrot their nonsense on this issue.

• Locked thread