Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

One might assume Swedes would put somewhat decent grips in their packaging. One would be wrong.
in sweden everyone has the exact same pair of hands so grips are obsolete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

in sweden everyone has the exact same pair of hands so grips are obsolete

Trump-tier hands judging by those miniscule grip holes.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/837714010598326272

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I worked only Sun-Tue this week suck it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

I worked only Sun-Tue this week suck it.
the art of bar

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I work 12hr shifts. :negative:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I still have two more weeks of working mon-sat until I settle into the glorious, comfortable world of mon-fri 9-5

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

*in stone cold voice* swedish chef is almost a good show

i mean the muppet show is a good show

like fuckin love the muppets

the new movies were p. good did you see them

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stone cold posted:

i mean the muppet show is a good show

like fuckin love the muppets

the new movies were p. good did you see them

no, i havent seen good movies, even if i knew which ones specifically are discussed

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

whydirt posted:

Obviously it's the average median distance between Starbucks and Popeyes over the selected metro area.

Popeyes is so good

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
love popeyes

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Theids of Numenera

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Theids of Numenera
me too, theids

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Chelb posted:

Popeyes is so good

Hmm

Nah

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Chelb posted:

Popeyes is so good

I can't remember if I've ever had it. There's so much of Americana I haven't experienced yet.

Like, next time I go home I might take a trip just to finally eat at a Whataburger.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

I can't remember if I've ever had it. There's so much of Americana I haven't experienced yet.

Like, next time I go home I might take a trip just to finally eat at a Whataburger.
even i have been to popeye's, shame on you

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Alright, it's "Cluelessly handle expensive electronics" time. :frogsiren:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chelb posted:

Popeyes is so good

it's good for what it is but you gotta be slightly drunk to really enjoy it ya know

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Alright, it's "Cluelessly handle expensive electronics" time. :frogsiren:

inb4 randler zaps his graphics card burning dead with blast of sith lightning charge of static electricity

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

even i have been to popeye's, shame on you

friend, have you had In-n-Out? Checkers? Taco Time?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

inb4 randler zaps his graphics card burning dead with blast of sith lightning charge of static electricity

Sounds like a good reason to upgrade to a 1080.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the true americana experience is finding a dingy shack called The T-Room or something similar where they serve greasy food on plates that you have to kind of hope have been washed at some point in the last week

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

friend, have you had In-n-Out? Checkers? Taco Time?
alright let me start naming every european place ive ever have eaten at, lets see how much of those you have compared to how many place ive eaten in during my stay in puerto rican suburbs

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

sadly you have to be doing god knows loving what to actually execute that manoeuvre correctly

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

just touch some metal thing like computer case every now and then and gently caress off the carpet

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

sadly you have to be doing god knows loving what to actually execute that manoeuvre correctly

I think catastrophic failure is more likely involving the installation of the cooler (cooler getting loose squishing parts) or the mainboard itself.

I might be able to break a mainboard when closing the CPU lever thing or putting in the RAM forcefully, though.

Edit: Lol, carpet. You think I'm some kind of duke?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Chelb posted:

Popeyes is so good
Yes. AND good for you!

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Randler posted:

i saw one of those horrible loving "Mr. Bag" ads once and now I have a violent reaction to any mention of Checkers or Rally's

poo poo, I can barely even stand references to Nixon being a dog owner

edit: Popeye's is good tho

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

he's about the last person who should be doing a pedantic well, actually about data

Erm. I was right.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i wonder why this is

Because I'm right.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Volkerball posted:

Erm. I was right.

Broken clocks tell time correctly twice a day, too. Though again, the point was that it's difficult to conclusively decide what is the "most segregated city" and that you, of all people, should not try to get into a pedantic argument about data validity.

Volkerball posted:

Because I'm right.

Did you read what I was replying to here cause, uh, this seems like you're admitting to being a white nationalist. Which, while not shocking, is new.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 3, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I think catastrophic failure is more likely involving the installation of the cooler (cooler getting loose squishing parts) or the mainboard itself.

I might be able to break a mainboard when closing the CPU lever thing or putting in the RAM forcefully, though.

Edit: Lol, carpet. You think I'm some kind of duke?
idk, you don't need to be duke to have a carpet here, but we also can't walk on the walls so the problem solves itself :v:

as for actually loving it up, yeah, some form of mechanical damage is probably the likeliest thing to occur in the process of actual building

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Broken clocks tell time correctly twice a day, too.

A far superior track record than you.

quote:

Did you read what I was replying to here cause, uh, this seems like you're admitting to being a white nationalist. Which, while not shocking, is new.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

oh word, city dominated by white assholes who've built machinery for graft also went out of their way to keep Those People contained in their own areas?

You don't think this is paradise? What are ya, some kinda racist? Hate the blacks or something?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I forgot how loving infuriating PSU screws can get.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Volkerball posted:

A far superior track record than you.

:lol:

Volkerball posted:

You don't think this is paradise? What are ya, some kinda racist? Hate the blacks or something?

You're really bad at this -- since this is what I was replying too:

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

VB doesn't hate Chicago because it's hideously segregated, he hates it because he hates cities and urban areas.

But also, good lord don't call them "the blacks."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I forgot how loving infuriating PSU screws can get.
so, what's your upgrade package anyway

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

so, what's your upgrade package anyway

8634936 16GB (2x 8192MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM CL15-17-17-35 Dual Kit 1 119,85 € 119,85 €
8635756 EKL Alpenföhn Brocken 2 PCGH-Edition Tower Kühler 1 45,94 € 45,94 €
8637471 550 Watt Corsair RMx Series RM550x Modular 80+ Gold 1 89,85 € 89,85 €
63383 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s TLC Toggle (MZ-75E500B/EU) 1 166,40 € 166,40 €
69508 Intel Core i5 7600K 4x 3.80GHz So.1151 WOF 1 238,95 € 238,95 €
69209 Asus Prime Z270-A Intel Z270 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR ATX Retail 1 157,04 € 157,04 €

And the Fractal Define R 5 that comes in a box for people with Trump hands

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like cities. Denver rules, and Chicago is fun to be in. What I don't like is places where you get arrested and your lawyer asks you for extra on top of his fee so he can bribe the judge. That doesn't happen in every city. Chicago is right up there with the worst in the south when it comes to the joint shittiness in city and state governance.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

8634936 16GB (2x 8192MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM CL15-17-17-35 Dual Kit 1 119,85 € 119,85 €
8635756 EKL Alpenföhn Brocken 2 PCGH-Edition Tower Kühler 1 45,94 € 45,94 €
8637471 550 Watt Corsair RMx Series RM550x Modular 80+ Gold 1 89,85 € 89,85 €
63383 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s TLC Toggle (MZ-75E500B/EU) 1 166,40 € 166,40 €
69508 Intel Core i5 7600K 4x 3.80GHz So.1151 WOF 1 238,95 € 238,95 €
69209 Asus Prime Z270-A Intel Z270 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR ATX Retail 1 157,04 € 157,04 €

And the Fractal Define R 5 that comes in a box for people with Trump hands
:eyepop: very naise, im jealous af

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if you picked up chicago and dropped it in florida ya'll would talk all sorts of poo poo about it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Volkerball posted:

I like cities. Denver rules, and Chicago is fun to be in.

This is new because you have previously spent a whole lot of time saying Chicago is an awful place that you hated.

Volkerball posted:

What I don't like is places where you get arrested and your lawyer asks you for extra on top of his fee so he can bribe the judge. That doesn't happen in every city. Chicago is right up there with the worst in the south when it comes to the joint shittiness in city and state governance.

Southern states actually don't have very strong metro-governance as a general rule, a lot of them are council-manager driven and a lot of the power is resolved at the state or county levels.

• Locked thread