Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

My steam client won't load - it's been stuck on the Preparing to Launch popup for ages now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pork never goes bad posted:

My steam client won't load - it's been stuck on the Preparing to Launch popup for ages now :(
Manually check if it has actually finished patching.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/837722349470269440

:aaaaa:

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Manually check if it has actually finished patching.

Do you know a method to do this? I quickly googled but didn't find it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pork never goes bad posted:

Do you know a method to do this? I quickly googled but didn't find it.
Just reload Steam and launch the game again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Right click game in library -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
50% inc aoe and 100% chance to pierce on iceshot? That's neat.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Daddy like! Now I'm torn between Ice Shot and Ancestral totems. If I had ranged attack totems use Ice Shot they'd get the benefit of that jewel right, or is it player only?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

whypick1 posted:

Right click game in library -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files
It wouldn't be stuck on "preparing to launch" then. With the larger patch I just thought that he may have clicked play before patching actually finished, which would mean that the Steam is not downloading anything, but the game files are still being patched.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Currently at work, have the wife putting me in queue at home.

I really hope they make a Static Strike jewel, I've been looking at that skill a bit since Breach started winding down.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Mo_Steel posted:

Daddy like! Now I'm torn between Ice Shot and Ancestral totems. If I had ranged attack totems use Ice Shot they'd get the benefit of that jewel right, or is it player only?
The totems would get the benefit.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
if theres no arctic breath threshold jewel im going to throw a pillow

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

if theres no arctic breath threshold jewel im going to throw a pillow
Don't be rude to your waifu.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
11,374 people ahead of me. How do these queues work and how long do they take? I've never been around on league start day.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

just wait for the vaal spark threshold jewel

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Books On Tape posted:

11,374 people ahead of me. How do these queues work and how long do they take? I've never been around on league start day.

Queues don't take all that long to get through. Should be less than 5 minutes.

Mr. Despair posted:

just wait for the vaal spark threshold jewel

"With 10 intelligence in radius Spark projectiles Fork and Chain and have 500% increased damage and projectile speed and drop Mirrors on projectile death"

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Books On Tape posted:

They go very quickly. They're jus tthere to keep the server alive when everyone logs on at the same time.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Books On Tape posted:

The moment league launches (counter on main page of website), people are let into the game in decently large batches, since the servers can die if anyone gets in at once. You'll get in within a few minutes if things go smooth.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Books On Tape posted:

roughly 1k people per minute I think, it'll go fast

now the usual server hiccups from a start of a new league are a coin toss on who gets dropped and who doesn't

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
If you arent in the top 1000 of the queue, you may as well come back tomorrow.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

I am but i'm EU so :shrug:

still can't decide between blood magic or mana based for my scorching ray league starter. BM more tanky but mana gives me the convience of not having to get an essence worm for purity of fire and blasphemy curses instead of orb of storms curse on hit.

only 3966 in front of me :negative:

Don't feel bad, I won't be on until around 9 EST tonight (around 3 AM GMT).

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Since theres a queue, lets play path of builder. I'm playing an ED Trickster, fairly standard ED/Contagion/Whither/Curses route.

My current tree includes all the life nodes right by scion, giving me 179% total life. However, I'm starting as a Shadow and therefore I'll probably hit those nodes last, right around level 70. Should I get them sooner and skip a bunch of the other nodes along the way? From Deep Wisdom I could go to Practical Application and Occultist Domination, and I would hit the life nodes around level 50. I could then start up and get the other nodes, hitting my third curse around level 70.

Heres a link to the build

Given how squishy my previous builds have felt, I'm guessing that this is the better route.

Lechtansi fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 3, 2017

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I won't be able to play today :( Expecting posts from fellow HC folks about your favorite rippy encounters :v:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

funmanguy posted:

If you arent in the top 1000 of the queue, you may as well come back tomorrow.

:smug:

J
Jun 10, 2001

At risk of jinxing the whole thing, GGG is one of the best in the business when it comes to launch days. It normally does not take very long at all to get through the queue.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

J posted:

At risk of jinxing the whole thing, GGG is one of the best in the business when it comes to launch days. It normally does not take very long at all to get through the queue.

thanks dude we're all hosed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How come no one seems to use blight? Because ED is so much better ?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
GGG dethrones Riot for Best Online Technical

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oops

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

euphronius posted:

yep

euphronius posted:

If only the Dems had catered to white peoples virulent racism, sexism and xenophobia

I hope they learned
e: lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ugh, stay out of D+D dude.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wrong thread I know !!!!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

euphronius posted:

Basically, yes.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

euphronius posted:

Its not as bad as it was when it first got released. Pohx was able to get to 100 in breach hc with it. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1790235 You can also use it for cast when channeling shenanigans as well.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
blight/scorching ray with the crank shaft is very good, shaper/uber/hall of grandmasters viable

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Its not as bad as it was when it first got released. Pohx was able to get to 100 in breach hc with it. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1790235 You can also use it for cast when channeling shenanigans as well.

Not really, Pohx is just a crazy person and his build is basically an Abyssal Cry build that happens to use Blight. The skill still needs a lot more AoE.

I mean maybe the AoE changes make it bigger cause of the extra radius, I haven't checked.

E: Don't use Blight for Grandmasters half of them are CI.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

euphronius posted:

I played Blight/Abyssal to 89 last league, I enjoyed it a lot but it is inferior to ED in basically every way

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Speaking of Shaper-viable builds, I'm rewatching PoE memes before going to store to grab my fam's cat some snacks while the league counter is still ticking down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzegU2UCpyk

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
Guess when I get home today I'll be doing Pizzasticks, inevitably get disappointed with it for some reason and then reroll as Tornado Shot or some kind of 2handed idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shamshel
Sep 20, 2003

Angel of phallic symbols
Can I get a guild invite? Character name is VulgarMarxist

• Locked thread