Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Nickname Pending posted:

I don't think so. I tried it once and it was down but not stapled and I was still killed.

It definitely does block bullets. One of my team's uhh, "tactics" is to suppress the enemy and then immediately have castle (usually me) run up and put it up. You can hear the bullets smacking into the barricade as the enemies full auto trying to kill you. I almost never die doing it. I made some videos of it but it's so commonplace now I don't bother recording it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i honestly like blitz a lot but that probably stems from him being among the first few ops i ever unlocked

if he were to get buffed i'd be happy with something as simple as a slight increase in speed or more pistol options that are unique to him. giving him a frag or even nitro would maybe be a bit much but fun

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

They're never giving an attacker a nitro. They just need to make the flash have more range. He's supposed to be best around corners sure but it would be nice if he wasn't completely helpless outside of melee

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I still main Blitz and do well. Buff him and make me unstoppable please. 2 speed 2 armor and triple the length of his flash.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I still main Blitz and do well. Buff him and make me unstoppable please. 2 speed 2 armor and triple the length of his flash.

Break the rules of the game and give him 3 speed 3 armor, it's not like it helps when you can just shoot his head through the shield anyway.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Another :cumpolice: operator. This time an attacker who gets a hand-held anti-tank dildo launcher.

edit: The AT dildoes can blast threw walls (they won't make nearly as big a hole as the Hibana or Ash breaches) and will spray burning cum onto whatever is on the opposite side. Great against guys hiding in closets, and can be used to destroy mute/bandit gadgets at the bases of reinforced walls.

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 3, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Blitz was the first person I put a laser sight on and as of late the only one I still use laser attachments with even though it doesnt really matter

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They're never giving an attacker a nitro.

this may be true but if they keep adding operators at this rate youre going to see a level of similar homogenization after a couple years

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The best mute jammer:

https://streamable.com/rim31

edit:

So we figured out why Fuzing on Plane from server doesn't work.

https://streamable.com/xzn9q

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 3, 2017

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Another :cumpolice: operator. This time an attacker who gets a hand-held anti-tank dildo launcher.

edit: The AT dildoes can blast threw walls (they won't make nearly as big a hole as the Hibana or Ash breaches) and will spray burning cum onto whatever is on the opposite side. Great against guys hiding in closets, and can be used to destroy mute/bandit gadgets at the bases of reinforced walls.

An operator with a gadget that attaches to walls and shoots immobilizing foam through it. :gizz:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Berzerker posted:

I picked this game back up after not playing it since late 2015. It seems to still have the same problems connecting me to my friends to make a squad on PS4 despite opening a million ports and all of that nonsense. Is there some easy fix for this that I don't know about?

Which of the non-release Operators are the best? I don't have any new ones yet and since they cost lots of rainbowbux I don't want to buy a really obviously bad one.
Valkyrie is the best DLC defender, period.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

She's also the best waifu.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

She's also the best waifu.
Until fetishists at Ubisoft give her the "waifu" treatment (someone repost the blow-up Twitch meme). Legitimately though, Valkyrie is the single objectively most useful operator on the Defence, regardless of any circumstances.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Wish her gun had 5 more damage. It's not like I found recoil to be much of a downside with SMGs, Bearing 9 :love:

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Bought a starter pack just to own a dedicated recruit only account. I hate this game, but I just cant stop buying accounts.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 3, 2017

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Highlight of last night: https://streamable.com/7xxwo

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsyBumblingChickenTriHard

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I wish Zangief was an Operator. He'd just do Spinning Lariats the entire match.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
What if we gave the spinning lariat to sledge when he has his hammer out?

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Parallel Playa posted:

I do. I only recently started playing but I'm down to try a few games if you want. Lex Neville on Steam and LexNeville on uPlay.

Gotcha! Anyone other EU people?

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Anyone else play Pulse? I don't see him often, but I started using him lately and have been absolutely destroying.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

Ults confirmed

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Hard posted:

Can you read my mind? That post started out as "I wish Sledge could throw his hammer", then somehow I went from that to Zangief.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Well that would be terrifying. You're sitting in your corner defending when you hear a muffled shout of "LARIAT" and then Sledge comes twirling through the wall.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Just stay crouched you'll be fine.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Berzerker posted:

I picked this game back up after not playing it since late 2015. It seems to still have the same problems connecting me to my friends to make a squad on PS4 despite opening a million ports and all of that nonsense. Is there some easy fix for this that I don't know about?

Nobody knows anything eh? I opened a ticket with Ubisoft and they said they would send me an email with a fix that works for "9 out of 10" people but they still haven't sent it so idk.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Sledge should make shockwaves when he hits the floor and walls that do the echo disorientation

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Berzerker posted:

Nobody knows anything eh? I opened a ticket with Ubisoft and they said they would send me an email with a fix that works for "9 out of 10" people but they still haven't sent it so idk.

PS4 is insanely hosed with every single patch since Red Crow so don't expect much if any fixes for it.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Party Plane Jones posted:

PS4 is insanely hosed with every single patch since Red Crow so don't expect much if any fixes for it.

PS4 can be hosed but it's almost always connectivity related and not party specific. When people have party issues it's almost 100% of the time on their end.

The Berzerker posted:

Sorry to hear that man, i've personally never had to deal with this with my PS4 or any of my buddies for that matter so i'm guessing you did what needed to be done by contacting support.

It's kinda weird that they sent an email telling that they would send you a fix when they could have done it in the first place. :shrug:

Does it give you an error code? If so gimme gimme.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Buff Blitz and Echo please. Nerf all other operators tia.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Also buff the lmgs

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
Buff me plz

Is Smoke considered good at all? I enjoy playing him too much but other than his ability to annoy shield operators a bit, I feel like a lot of what he does is able to be done more instantaneously by other operators.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

He has the best ability in the game, which is to equip the MAC11.

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

The Berzerker posted:

Our group still has this issue. Just earlier today we spent 45 minutes jumping from squad to squad with someone always not able to join. The worst part is sometimes it'll just magically work after trying the same poo poo for an hour straight. All our NATs are either Open or Moderate, too. No issue with any other games, just R6. Let me know if support has a fix (lol)

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Fayk posted:

Buff me plz

Is Smoke considered good at all? I enjoy playing him too much but other than his ability to annoy shield operators a bit, I feel like a lot of what he does is able to be done more instantaneously by other operators.

Smoke is great and his gadget is amazing at stalling a last second push.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Great Beer posted:

Smoke is great and his gadget is amazing at stalling a last second push.

Yeah that's the best way to use smoke, area denial.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Finally get a chance to play, the weeklies aren't giving credit. Thanks Ubi.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Last time the weeklies stopped working we got credit for them a few days later. Before the week was done even. Wait until Monday.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Hard posted:

PS4 can be hosed but it's almost always connectivity related and not party specific. When people have party issues it's almost 100% of the time on their end.

Sorry to hear that man, i've personally never had to deal with this with my PS4 or any of my buddies for that matter so i'm guessing you did what needed to be done by contacting support.

It's kinda weird that they sent an email telling that they would send you a fix when they could have done it in the first place. :shrug:

Error code: 2-0x0000e000

Me and Berzerker (The Berzerker & I) have to use a 3rd playstation account to send an invite to both of us to get into the same party. Nats are all open.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Hard posted:

I contacted through live support, they said they would email but it would "take a while to put it together" which yeah, sounds weird since he was saying how it has worked for so many other people. If it worked for others it must be a canned copy/paste thing, but then why would it take a while to put together?

Hard posted:

2-0x0000E000, both NATs open as EGGS said, both have a ton of ports forwarded and all that stuff. One time I deleted him from my friend list and then re-added him and it worked, but that hasn't worked again, it's basically a 45 minute science experiment every time we want to try and play.

Scarf Ace posted:

Our group still has this issue. Just earlier today we spent 45 minutes jumping from squad to squad with someone always not able to join. The worst part is sometimes it'll just magically work after trying the same poo poo for an hour straight. All our NATs are either Open or Moderate, too. No issue with any other games, just R6. Let me know if support has a fix (lol)

Yeah it seems to be totally random how to fix it. Something that works once rarely works again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Also buff the lmgs

the game can't handle this

• Locked thread