  • Post
GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
All time: 37L 48 cylinders 1480 HP

2 cars 4 trucks all v8s no power

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
All time: 8.0L, 20 cylinders, 56 valves, 1 turbo, 460hp. :britain:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
For me, across four vehicles: 10.7L, 20 cylinders, 40 valves (unsure on this), 604hp, 690 lb-ft.

That's four Fords: a '99 Ranger with the 2.5 I4, an '01 F-150 with the 4.6L V8, an '07 Focus, and a '11 Fiesta.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

personal vehicles i'm down to 2, a 7.3 liter and a 7.5 liter.

life begins at 7 liters.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

DefaultPeanut posted:

Posted to a local FB group, but I cant quite place the bike. Ducati something...

That must've made a noise...

quote:

Ducati something...
But they probably didn't notice until they stopped and saw it :v:

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I'm assuming 7.3, but it's a 2014, so I assume a fleet-only option. Looks like they discontinued the E-350 diesel engine options for non-fleet vehicles in 2003. The shroud on the radiator say PowerStroke.

A gigantic portion of our fleet is 6.0hno's, though.
Based on some of the other poo poo in this thread (and other of your/possibly others' stories about your ambulances), I half-expected it to turn out to be a gasser.

Lifetime: 25.4L and 38 cylinders, by advertised displacements. Too lazy to look up the horsepower for each one, but call it around 800 total (a bunch of middlin' V8s and a biggish I6)

Powershift posted:

life begins at 7 liters.
My brother would agree. his current daily driver is a '97 (I think) F250 with the 7.3L (which brings him to 12.2L/14cyl/~300hp but ALL THE TORQUE).

Comedy tangent worthy of the thread, which I may have posted about before: Within the first week after my brother bought the diesel truck, the innards of the transmission were scattered across a pasture. The guy that sold it to him went halvsies on the repair, because my brother made the point that the trailer full of hay he'd been trying to get moving when the transmission detonated weighed only twelve and a half thousand pounds. :getin:

A couple years later, the hood latch failed somehow and there was a problem with the engine, so he had to cut it open. He bought a lil' buzzbox to try to patch the hole, but that didn't work out, so he swapped the hood with the one from my third/his first automobile, a '92 F-150 which was still "in storage" in our parents' yard, and rattlecanned it flat black (the 150 was green, the 250 is a sort of dark red). I should get a picture of it to post it it the "awesome" thread --it's like a brotruck, but the only purely cosmetic mod is fancy stock-size wheels? Bro actually, at the time*, needed the bigger tires on stock suspension, bullbar/bumpers, and hotrod hood.

*the rancher he worked for sold out, now he's working for a surveying company so he gets a company truck to destroy in the field, and only drives his personal to the office downtown to get theirs to take out and lose in a swamp . :D

Also horrible cognizance failures: I never, up to that point that my brother started using "my" truck for spares, realized that the ('90s, at least) F-series pickups are all exactly the same sheetmetal, despite driving/riding in all three flavors of F-truck for years before. The 250/350 always seemed wider than the 150, but nope, same hood.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 3, 2017

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
25.3l, 44 cylinders

Datsun 310, Volvo 122s, Nissan Sentra, Kia Sedona, Buick wagon, MN12, 4Runner, Honda Accord

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
10 cylinders, 4.6l, 485hp currently
2005 330i, 2007 Tuono 1000, 2003 R6

I've been through >20 vehicles... no way I'm adding that poo poo up now :v:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I've had 31 cars, vans and motorcycles since 1975.

Not doin' the math

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

12 cylinders, 7 liters, 375hp

10 years in the bug i wanted to do a 180 and have something with a radio, and side windows, an interior, windshield wipers, a horn, real paint, didn't die when it rained or randomly burst into flames

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 3, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
16 cylinders
8.8 liters
578 hp

all my cars have been dad-wagons. Not cool dads either.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Currently at ~7l over 16 cylinders and from memory about 485hp total here.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
16 cylinders
8.4 liters
695 hp

1991 Accord
1997 240sx
2005 Miata
2016 WRX

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The last two pages have been, without question, the most boring pages of this entire thread.

Next up: everybody post about the dream you had last night and what your PC specs are.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

What are they connecting to? Lighter plug? Nothing wrong with the extension imo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The extension is "fine" as is, but I'm not sure I am a big fan of the cardboard box used to keep the cables from swinging together and shorting out both batteries at once.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Sagebrush posted:

The extension is "fine" as is, but I'm not sure I am a big fan of the cardboard box used to keep the cables from swinging together and shorting out both batteries at once.

Why not? Perfectly good seperator, distance is good...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SEKCobra posted:

Why not? Perfectly good seperator, distance is good...

I've jumped cars where the (lovely Chinesium) leads got too hot to touch. I can imagine them starting to char the edges of that box if there was enough fuckering around by the participants before disconnection that the separator goes away.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Also, the resistance of the cables increases with length, so I am not sure whether double - cabling it would be safe.

My li-po jump starter has hilariously short and thin cables.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

spog posted:

Also, the resistance of the cables increases with length, so I am not sure whether double - cabling it would be safe.

My li-po jump starter has hilariously short and thin cables.

That only means we waste some more power, it doesn't tax the single cable any more.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Hrrrm. Currently eleven cylinders, 6.0L, 450HP. Total for personally-bought vehicles would be nineteen cylinders, 10.5L, 843HP. Include cars that were "mine" and you add another six cylinders, 4.2L, and 112HP for the SX/4 and four cylinders, plus I think 2.5L and 100 HP for the Voyager. Not sure on that one.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
So I've owned a lot of subarus, and half of them have had more than one (in one case three) different engines. I'm gonna take liberties and add up all the engines my subarus have ever had :v: (herein lies a mechanical failure in itself...)

27.3 liters, 1192.4 hp.
Average of 4.077 cylinders (mercedes has 5)
Total of 53 cylinders.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
:sherman:

Currently

24 cylinders
14.9L displacement
960 HP

'13 Sub WRX 2.5T, '03 Civic 1.7, '11 titan 5.6, '73 AMC Jeep 5.0

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

Next up: everybody post about the dream you had last night

I had a nightmare where I was forced to hone and re-ring endless rows of Japanese inline fours. From the bore spacing and deck height I assume they were 5SFEs but I can't be sure.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
27.9l over 34 cylinders here.

But with substantially less total HP than some of you guys :(

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
16 Cylinders
9.9L Displacement
~450hp

1976 FJ45 3.4
1988 Pickup (Hilux) 2.4
2005 Mazda6 2.3
2007 Versa 1.8

Inline 4 for life.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 3, 2017

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.
Lifetime 23.3L and 47 cylinders. I just realized I have owned seven 4-cylinder cars and six of them were smaller than 2.0L.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
this is fun!

Currently in the garage :
5.9L 8cyl 235HP - lol Dodge
4.0L 8cyl 290HP - LS400
4.3L 6cyl 190HP - JIMMAY
4.0L 6cyl 210HP - Explorer
3.5L 6cyl 265HP - MKX
2.2L 4cyl 155HP - HHR
2.0L 4cyl 140HP - G20

25.9L, 42cyl, 1485HP.

Historical :
4.5L 8cyl 278HP - Q-ship
4.2L 6cyl 170HP - CJ-7
3.0L 6cyl 220HP - SHO ('nuff)
3.0L 6cyl 177HP - Montero
2.0L 6cyl 128HP - Alfa GT
2.3L 4cyl 84HP - Tempo
2.0L 4cy; 200HP - A4 Avant
2.0L 4cyl 160HP - Saaaaaab 900T
1.5L 4cyl 66HP - X1/9
1.2L 4cyl 40HP - Beetle
1.0L 3cyl 70HP - Turbo Sprint
2.3L 2cyl 130HP - trackSlut RX7

29.0L, 57cyl, 1723HP.

so 54.9L, 99cyl, 3208HP to date.

Just realized that I've sold or traded-in every car I've owned ... never sent one to the scrappers.

(i have just jinxed myself)

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 3, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This is not fun.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
The 3.4 I got outputs 90 at the flywheel, don't feel bad.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

This is not fun.

Post your engine history.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

24 cylinders, with a total displacement of 14.5 litres and a combined total of 801 ponies.

gently caress, I should cheat and put the farm tractors in.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

This is not fun.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I imagine it's a lot more fun to type out than it is to read.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Look at all these interesting mechanical failures!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Hahahaha holy poo poo I'm sorry I participated in the cylinders chat. Let's put the further ones in the chat thread.

:siren: NO MORE CYLINDER/HP/DISPLACEMENT poo poo BELOW THIS LINE :siren:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Okay but what about above it?

Adiabatic posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo I'm sorry I participated in the cylinders chat. Let's put the further ones in the chat thread.

:siren: NO MORE CYLINDER/HP/DISPLACEMENT poo poo BELOW THIS LINE :siren:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Powershift posted:

life begins at 7 liters.

It gets even better at 7000rpm.

:getin:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Pretty sure a 7.3 spinning at over 7k is a horrible mechanical failure in and of itself.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Enourmo posted:

Look at all these interesting mechanical failures!

That's pretty creative. Better than two ropes and a passenger.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Must one bad neighborhood if the car binding windshield wipers together with a dowel needs a club on the steering wheel.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4