Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendell
May 11, 2003

ChibiSoma posted:

So aside from Nintendo being incompetent as gently caress, is there a reason why the Switch keeps forgetting the wifi, won't let me sign in with my NID, and has absolutely no indicators to tell you when charging the stupid controllers is complete? Or why the left controller seemed to come with a near-full charge but the right one had absolutely zero? Or why, in god drat 2017 it doesn't come with a god drat AC adapter?

Oh wait that last one's so they can scam more money out of you. Because the 80 dollar price tag on extra controllers wasn't enough, I guess.

Just be glad they didn't put Bastion on it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Zelda is amazing, I've been playing non stop for 3 hours when I realized I just wanted to take a little peak at the system. Only the controls are something I need to get used to, but probably cause I'm coming from a PS3 and keep clicking B in stead of A. Gonna go out and get my pro controller now though.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Wendell posted:

Just be glad they didn't put Bastion on it!

Good point, I wouldn't want to walk in front of my dock without Reinhardt and get shot to pieces in my own home.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I got my Switch!

Not the one from Amazon or Best Buy online orders, but going to Best Buy 10 minutes before they opened and waiting in line getting one of the last ones that didn't sell at the midnight launch. Now I'm going to have 3 Switches.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

FireMrshlBill posted:

drat thanks, cancelling then. I will use a pro controller 99% of the time instead of the joycon grip, but I hate a feature being not available, especially for those few times I'll need to charge the pro controller

I ordered the grey ones since I have a pro controller for docked mode anyways. Need that grip if I'm gonna play in portable mode for any length of time.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm not trying to be a jerk but you sound alot like what I used to debate in my head anytime I desperately wanted a new video fame. I've learned how I work and I don't try to convince myself otherwise when I really really want a new video game. Be responsible. If you can afford it and want it just go buy it.

Eh, I'll be okay if I don't play it immediately. I'm actually not too much debating on whether to buy one now, but whether it's worth it to wait. If I can get one within the next couple weeks or a month, I'll jump on it; otherwise, I'm probably not going to bother until November. I realize that doesn't make a ton of sense, but :shrug: Like given my own gaming habits I probably shouldn't buy a Switch until next year, even.

As for whether I'll go nuts if I don't play Zelda immediately, my hype will probably die down in a week or so. I know how I do with hype. Every once in a while there's a thing that I have to have right now but if I don't get it within that window, I forget about it almost entirely until later. It's not like Nier: Automata and Persona 5 aren't right around the corner, y'know?

You're right, though, and you're not being a jerk.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
alright now tell me about the bomberman multiplayer

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Anyone find a good case yet?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

whaley posted:

alright now tell me about the bomberman multiplayer

Play 1-2 Switch instead.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm not trying to be a jerk but you sound alot like what I used to debate in my head anytime I desperately wanted a new video fame. I've learned how I work and I don't try to convince myself otherwise when I really really want a new video game. Be responsible. If you can afford it and want it just go buy it.

:same:

I still do this because video games are expensive and ultimately a waste of time and money. My strategy is to put off game purchases (and other superfluous purchases for that matter) for a bit, and if I'm still thinking about it after a few days to just buy it, so long as the purchase wouldn't cause me to defer payments to a retirement account or whatever.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Thank God changing eshop regions is easy as gently caress. Can't believe that USA didn't get half of what Japan did! Hello NEOGEO games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guys i like the switch and hope to play it shortly

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Are the joycons already charged when they arrive?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Target had plenty of accessories and games for sale. So now I have Zelda and a Pro but what the gently caress Amazon where's my console.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Inverness posted:

No you have to play Zelda via the touchscreen while your joy cons charge (hope you bought an AC adapter cause the console doesn't come with one)

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Inverness posted:

Mine were.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zelda owns hard.

The switch owns.

Nintendo has saved us all.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Bill Barber posted:

(hope you bought an AC adapter cause the console doesn't come with one)
I think someone lied to you.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Bill Barber posted:

No you have to play Zelda via the touchscreen while your joy cons charge (hope you bought an AC adapter cause the console doesn't come with one)

dont forget that the screen comes with this really weird plastic cover on it, you gotta rip it off before you play. I found a hammer and chisel works best

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do they use the same AC adapter as the wii u

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Best buy kept telling me get it thursday get it thursday! no get it friday! NO! MONDAY!!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Crimson Harvest posted:

Target had plenty of accessories and games for sale. So now I have Zelda and a Pro but what the gently caress Amazon where's my console.

They sold it to me.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
I have a fancy Anker five-port USB charger, can I use it with my Pixel's USB-C cable to charge and play?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

IAmKale posted:

I have a fancy Anker five-port USB charger, can I use it with my Pixel's USB-C cable to charge and play?

Yes, but it might be very slow depending on the voltage/amperage output it is regulated at

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So what's the consensus on screen protectors? Get one? Which one?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

BambooEarpick posted:

the answer is pretty much always Hori.

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost
This left Joy Con thing is a bad time.

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013

IAmKale posted:

The official Nintendo charger has 15V 2.6A (almost 40W).

I used my Nexus 5x Charger (5V 3A = 15W) and it seems to be able to charge very slowly while playing BotW (undocked of course).

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

bbchops posted:

This left Joy Con thing is a bad time.

Did you update with the day 1 patch and its still messing up?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Anidav posted:

I set Bombermans online settings to global and my God the Japanese are good at Bomberman they play it like Tetris.

Online is a sleeper hit guys, you can play as the bosses after you beat them in story mode and there's like 30 more maps to unlock which all play with gravity and ramps and layers.

Do not underestimate bomberman. It is fun as fun and ranked mode is like playing Tetris attack

With 8 people

With bombs

oh gently caress. i was thinking of picking it up but fuckonami and all. hmm if i can find it for under 30 quid i'm buying it, these 50 quid price tags on switch games make me ill.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Not a Children posted:

Yes, but it might be very slow depending on the voltage/amperage output it is regulated at

NormenKD posted:

The official Nintendo charger has 15V 2.6A (almost 40W).

I used my Nexus 5x Charger (5V 3A = 15W) and it seems to be able to charge very slowly while playing BotW (undocked of course).
My Anker can do 5V/2.4A (12W?) so I'll probably just use it to charge overnight when I'm away from the dock.

agscala
Jul 12, 2008

My right joycon trigger makes a loudish twang sound when I press it. Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I hope someone makes some decent 3rd party joycons that's just a proper-rear end controller cut in half. Having an analog stick directly below the buttons is super awkward.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

BambooEarpick posted:

The dock can supposedly scratch the screen over time. I'd get one if you plan on undocking it often.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How do the joycons feel in the joycon grip thing? When I do get one of these I'm going to get a Pro Controller, probably, but I'm curious how the included grip feels.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Picked up my Switch at BB, busted it out at work and two people are seriously thinking about trying to pick one up on their way home from work. From a non-gamer perspective, co-workers were really taken back by how small it was and how comfortable the controllers are given how small it is. One guy wandered back over and thought out loud how he can justify the $360 purchase to his wife.

Seriously impressed so far, it's much smaller than I thought it would be and the screen looks fantastic. Can't wait to see how Zelda looks on a TV.

Random question: Is the Switch able to connect to a wi-fi spot that requires a username AND password? I try to connect to my work's wi-fi but it needs a username as well. Was hoping to download Fast RMX and get the day one patch out of the way before home.

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

InFlames235 posted:

Did you update with the day 1 patch and its still messing up?

Yep. First thing I did was update, with the Joy Con connected, and it's been perfect all afternoon in handheld mode. I've just set it up on my TV and immediately Link is casually strolling to his death over cliffs.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I imagine my odds of getting a Switch on the wa y home from work, pre-order free, are pretty goddamn slim. But I waaant oonnnnee. :smithicide:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I imagine my odds of getting a Switch on the wa y home from work, pre-order free, are pretty goddamn slim. But I waaant oonnnnee. :smithicide:

You could check availability online at places like Target and Best Buy, if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Louisgod posted:

\
Random question: Is the Switch able to connect to a wi-fi spot that requires a username AND password? I try to connect to my work's wi-fi but it needs a username as well. Was hoping to download Fast RMX and get the day one patch out of the way before home.

I don't think it can initially, you have to get the day 1 patch. I couldn't connect to my work's wifi, so I tethered it to my phone and patched everything up that way.

• Locked thread