Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Republicans posted:

If you run up to the highest spot in the mountains the old man will be up there and he'll give you some. Very handy.

Well Imma just go do that right now then!

In case anybody missed it, there's one of those leaf spirit kodama things hiding on the topmost point of the temple of time, if you climb all the way up there assassin's creed style. Also a chest with a bow.

eonwe posted:

i hope you are all enjoying the game :) i will get to in about 5 hours

Its really good man :)

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

eonwe posted:

thanks eonwe I hope you have a ball playing too.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Also, general pointer for y'all: when you get to the first village, talk to the guy that's not from that town, he'll have a stupid easy sidequest that opens a Very Important thing, and after that he will start helping you with another, way more interesting, sidequest that'll have opened up at that point.

The painter? I talked to him and he didn't give me a sidequest. Is it because I had already done the thing he seems to want done before finding him? Did I miss out on the follow-up quest because of it?

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Walked into Best Buy in a mall, walked out with a neon switch, Zelda, and a leftover promo keychain from SS as a freebie. I have only watched the original trailer, read no previews and no reviews, and staunchly avoided the hype.

Now I hang off the side of a building on ropes for four hours with the anticipation threatening to kill me. :black101:

Rime fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 3, 2017

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
T-minus 2 hours until I can pick up my preorder and go home. I haven't been this psyched about a Zelda in like a decade, gently caress.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
played 12 hours nonstop, now I have to stop so I can wake up in time to go to work

love this drat game, every time I start thinking the world feels a little empty they throw something cool at me

my original goal was to head right to Death Mountain and I haven't gone anywhere near it yet, maybe tomorrow

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It is now 2:46 PM.

My Amazon order still shows "Arriving by 8pm today" even though it hasn't shipped yet.

:ohdear:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Walrus posted:

this may be my goat

no the goat isn't yours, if you get close to it it will kick you in the face and send you flying off the cliff.

also I'm totally jealous of you guys

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Got to a merchant. Any reason not to sell machine parts (ancient screws, ect) and gemstones?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow botw looks awesome even on the Wii U

http://i.imgur.com/5fHhIOz.jpg

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im so excited

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wow botw looks awesome even on the Wii U

http://i.imgur.com/5fHhIOz.jpg

lookit all dem graffiks

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

eonwe posted:

Same :hfive:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The User Reivews for Breath of the Wild so far have been magical.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
been playing on tv mode all day and then i switched! and i did one of the shrines on the toilet and i now agree switch is good console with a very good game. whats the likely hood of waterproofing the joycons do you think, because if i can play this while showering every morning we have truly entered the next generation.

wish that pro controller was cheaper tho, i keep hitting zl/zr instead of l/r with the grip :|

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm jealous of all the people that got the game already. I'm super looking forward to it and I'm even more excited to hear about how good it is.

I'm also jealous of the people waiting until Tuesday or whatever for their copies to arrive, because my stuff got sent to the wrong address, in the wrong city, in the wrong zip code... :smith:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

can you braid link's hair?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Republicans posted:

If you run up to the highest spot in the mountains the old man will be up there and he'll give you some. Very handy.

You can also just complete the recipe he's written down in his diary and tell him about it and he'll give it to you.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Teenage Fansub posted:

Got to a merchant. Any reason not to sell machine parts (ancient screws, ect) and gemstones?

Don't sell those parts!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo, if you find the treasure the guys in the stable near kakariko give you the clue to find, make sure you don't leave before you have everything. maybe check some walls.

its a 24 dmg glowing sword FORGED IN DEATH MOUNTAIN:chanpop:

Teenage Fansub posted:

Can you vaguely tell me why?

someone in hateno wants them

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 3, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gorgolflox posted:

Don't sell those parts!

Cheers. Can you vaguely tell me why?

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

How do I cook poo poo that isn't throwing things into a fire, or lighting poo poo like barrels with objects inside, on fire?

I've found the pots, and started the fire under them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol metacritic is so loving bad compared to Opencritic. The only site where a movie or game can get like universal praise and then it turns out the 98% is actually a 78% and/or a user score of 6.5. forgive me if I don't believe all 300 "0 rating" reviews are legit especially from accounts that just signed on to make one review due to some weirdo loving hateboner

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Team_q posted:

How do I cook poo poo that isn't throwing things into a fire, or lighting poo poo like barrels with objects inside, on fire?

I've found the pots, and started the fire under them.

you go into your inventory and pick "hold" for each item you want to cook, up to 5 pieces then walk to the pot and you get a option to throw them all in.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Thanks!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
protip as it is probably pretty easy to miss the shine that tells you this

basic mechanics spoiler, not even an item you can do this already
this game has a parry system and perfect dodge system, both of which let you get in 'flurry' critical hits after executing the move

edit:
also this flaming sword is unbelievably dope. it fully flames doesn't just glow

is there a way to repair weapons?

Metaligatr
Mar 10, 2013

Khajit was up all night to get lucky.
So I did some great plateau things in a specific order and I'm wondering if I locked myself out of something, not sure if anyone else did the same. It's clothing-related.

I did all four shrines and got the King's cutscene before I ever gave the spicy food to the "old man" or climbed that one mountain, is there any other way you can get the warm doublet? Google has been thoroughly unhelpful.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Walrus posted:

I'm thinking no, but I'm hoping yes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Walrus posted:

basic mechanics spoiler, not even an item you can do this already
this game has a parry system and perfect dodge system, both of which let you get in 'flurry' critical hits after executing the move

Can you explain more on how to do the second one?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Finally, going to the desert instead of kakariko has paid off, as I now have the Best Outfit

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dexie posted:

Can you explain more on how to do the second one?

If you press X to jump while pressing left or right while locked on, you'll jump to the side and dodge. If you do this at the last second before you get hit, time will slow down (matrix bullet time) and you get a prompt saying you can mash Y to do chain attacks real fast. Its super obvious that you've done it if you time it right. If you get hit, too slow, if you just dodge to the side, too early. (But early is safer than late!)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If you missed a certain quest on the plateau you can get the reward at the old man's hut were you found his diary

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Walrus posted:

I don't know the specifics but some sort of repair blacksmith unlocks after beating the zora area's divine beast. you might need to bring him mats for the repairs.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Metaligatr posted:

So I did some great plateau things in a specific order and I'm wondering if I locked myself out of something, not sure if anyone else did the same. It's clothing-related.

I did all four shrines and got the King's cutscene before I ever gave the spicy food to the "old man" or climbed that one mountain, is there any other way you can get the warm doublet? Google has been thoroughly unhelpful.

Go back to his house.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

God drat the music in this game is really good

Metaligatr
Mar 10, 2013

Khajit was up all night to get lucky.

Shoehead posted:

If you missed a certain quest on the plateau you can get the reward at the old man's hut were you found his diary

Oh poo poo, I should have checked that place. Thanks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My Amazon order hasn't even shipped yet, but the customer service rep I just talked to said I will still receive it today. Is there any way this is possible, or are they just bullshitting?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

My Amazon order hasn't even shipped yet, but the customer service rep I just talked to said I will still receive it today. Is there any way this is possible, or are they just bullshitting?

Amazon's customer service is terrible and they are 100% lying to you.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.
I'm really interested in this game, and own a Wii-U, but don't want to spend $300+ on a new Zelda machine. The OP says the Wii-U version is virtually identical, but has anyone posted an actual analysis or comparison? I don't want to drop $60 and spend a few hours of my time just to be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Oh jeez I wish people in here would stop spoiling