Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Deakul posted:

Looks fun, could've sworn I heard Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley were in it too but they're no where to be seen in the trailer.
I mean, they basically are aren't they? Just new improved models

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CelticPredator posted:

I love the first 2, appreciate the 3rd...but the fourth is some dire garage. That plus everything Depp's been doing lately has soured me on the whole character.

However, that looks...interesting. And the "Final" adventure thing sorta makes me want to see this thing out. I'm willing to give it one last go and be done with Jack forever.

It's the "start" of the final adventure... essentially opening it up to infinity amount of movies left in the series.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Deakul posted:

Looks fun, could've sworn I heard Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley were in it too but they're no where to be seen in the trailer.
Probably going to show up as a surprise later on and save Jack's rear end or something.

Orlando Bloom is. He was in the Super Bowl trailer briefly. The new young lead may or may not be his son from the end of the third movie.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

kiimo posted:

Awesome! Dutch Angles make everything better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuu19ux51wA

And 100 jump cuts! I'd hate it if it wasn't so funny. As you know good dutch angles used sparingly can be very effective, but that thing... uh yeah...

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Speaking of dutch angles, if y'all ain't seen Fay Grim, you're missing out. (The trailer is shite, but you get the picture.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAnsrD3kC58

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Terrible dialogue, terrible kid from Gods of Egypt. Just gonna watch the battle scenes in youtube in a year I guess, like the last couple.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hi thread.

Are you in the mood for some Deadpool motherfuckers?

Well go see Logan.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kiimo posted:

Hi thread.

Well go see Logan.
Well now I'm less excited to see Logan :(

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It's not what you think if you're thinking cameo. At least not according to an article I read earlier.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Shageletic posted:

Terrible dialogue, terrible kid from Gods of Egypt. Just gonna watch the battle scenes in youtube in a year I guess, like the last couple.

Yeah, looks a bit poo poo really, much like the last one with Lovejoy. I do love the underwater effect they've got going on with Bardem's hair, though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I work in trailers not production if that helps.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

By the way, that is really Johnny Depp playing young Jack Sparrow in the movie.

It's funny how much more alive Depp looks playing Sparrow compared to how he usually is when it was filming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E6U281dpqc

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
WAS WAITING for someone, anyone, to post this
Choose life
Get it? It's a reference to the first film
Get it?????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itTuBLUd54U

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

kiimo posted:

Hi thread.

Well go see Logan.

I didn't catch anything in it??

e: oh, it looks like Australia doesn't get that stuff I guess. Seems to be a teaser in front of the movie

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 3, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Choose life
Get it?????

loving hyyyyped

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

still remember this trailer even after the oscar win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NJj12tJzqc

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

Hi thread.

Well go see Logan.

I'm always in the mood for that. Also that was drat good, and unexpected.

But also, where the gently caress is my redband alien trailer yoooo. I was promised this!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Choose life
Get it?????

It has been airing over here for about a month now and it's the perfect midlife crisis movie about being in your forties and having achieved gently caress all. This is a movie that wants you too look back at the past, be nostalgic... and then say "that was dumb as hell, what the hell was I thinking?".

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 3, 2017

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I mean, they basically are aren't they? Just new improved models

Well yes, even in-story

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

I'm always in the mood for that. Also that was drat good, and unexpected.

But also, where the gently caress is my redband alien trailer yoooo. I was promised this!

Ha well poo poo happens like leaks and then scrambling happens and then things seize up like a sphincter afraid of losing its control.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

still remember this trailer even after the oscar win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NJj12tJzqc

It really is a fantastic trailer. Really looking forward to seeing the movie.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

CelticPredator posted:

where the gently caress is my redband alien trailer yoooo. I was promised this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL2LWNtn3uY

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They just added a gently caress. Lame.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
And a... skinned engineer in David's lab? Can't quite tell.

But yeah, pretty weak after reading that interview about the barrels of blood.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Edit: oops the Deadpoo teaser seemed like the real movie starting. A good teaser, wasn't just a couple quick cuts of the movie in-progress, it was specifically made just to be the teaser. Don't see that much.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 3, 2017

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

There was also an extra shot of an alien crawling on a wall and a shot of a woman drenched in blood. Just because it's a redband doesn't mean it needs to become a slaughterhouse trailer.

The Deadpool tag is pretty mediocre and tonally undercuts the opening of Logan.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The entire benefit of the Deadpool tag is to tell people who didn't already know that they're making a sequel. If you already knew that, then you're good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Deadpool ad before Logan was like a subtle "let me remind you who's really responsible for your Wolverine movie".

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sir Kodiak posted:

The entire benefit of the Deadpool tag is to tell people who didn't already know that they're making a sequel. If you already knew that, then you're good.

If you're the kind of person that LOVED the first Deadpool and would get excited about a sequel..... you likely already knew about it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hot take: Deadpool had some ok moments.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Deadpool was poo poo and anyone that like it is also poo poo

i am poo poo

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The Deadpool trailer was really offputting before Logan. It was really great and really funny but it just didn't match.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well clearly you didn't read the Old Man and the Sea then. :colbert:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

kiimo posted:

Well clearly you didn't read the Old Man and the Sea then. :colbert:

I read a ton of Hemingway but I haven't seen those trailers. Can you spoiler the reference for me as I don't intend to watch the movies neither?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

At the end of the Deadpool teaser there is a wall of text that goes by fast and it's Deadpool talking about the story of the book The Old Man and the Sea.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

The Deadpool trailer was really offputting before Logan. It was really great and really funny but it just didn't match.

The film started off humorous and violently fun enough that it was okay.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

http://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-logan-teaser-text-connections/

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hollismason posted:

The end of Logan was hilarious, with the grave marker being changed.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

kiimo posted:

At the end of the Deadpool teaser there is a wall of text that goes by fast and it's Deadpool talking about the story of the book The Old Man and the Sea.

Oh. thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lobok posted:

The Deadpool ad before Logan was like a subtle "let me remind you who's really responsible for your Wolverine movie".

So is it a teaser before Logan or is it a mid credits teaser? Wondering if I should stick around after the movie like its a Marvel movie.

• Locked thread