Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Yes, hello, I am the one who made that comment. I've only played the game for a few hours so far, but it is extremely good. I haven't come across a situation where I would need to sprint jump, I just want to be able to do it and it feels unwieldy. Other than that, I'm having a great time cooking up frogs and peppers :v:

Fair nuff. Guess it's time to hook it up and download Zelda once I get home :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Phantasium posted:

Not as silly as RE7's "use your medical goo healing item to reattach your foot".

It's meant to be sort of weird to prod you to realise you've been infected with the same thing that has given the Bakers regenerative powers.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Do they do anything with clicking the left or right stick in Breath of the Wild? If not, I wish they'd just have put sprint on left stick click or something. Because jump doubles as dodge, I think I'm going to have to put it on B because otherwise all of my reflexes will fail me, but X is also kind of an awkward button to hold for sprinting.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Left click crouches, right click is binoculars.

I had no idea the Wii U pad's sticks even clicked before playing this game.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I saw the Giant Bomb guys accidentally blow up a fox in the bit of the Quick Look I watched

Yeah this game seems like it kinda rules

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The best moment in the GB video is when they get chased around by a skeleton while a laser turret is also shooting at them and eventually, after five minutes of frantic juking around, get the turret to blow up the skeleton.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
So what is going to be the big AAA release that actually satiates some peoples' blood lust for poo poo show reviews? Like they've been chomping at the bit to indulge themselves in the schadenfreude of a game that's been in development for years and has a huge budget go up in smoke once it's in the hands of reviewers and the gaming public at large.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So what is going to be the big AAA release that actually satiates some peoples' blood lust for poo poo show reviews? Like they've been chomping at the bit to indulge themselves in the schadenfreude of a game that's been in development for years and has a huge budget go up in smoke once it's in the hands of reviewers and the gaming public at large.

Mass Effect is probably the only one with a real chance of it anytime soon.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It's a terrible time for gamers these days. So hard to find games to take a dump on.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lobok posted:

It's a terrible time for gamers these days. So hard to find games to take a dump on.

It truly is the best of times and the worst of times.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

There's not really much in the way of big, hyped-up AAA games left for 2017, is there? Prey is coming in May and that looks like it'll be pretty good. Mass Effect Andromeda has a shot at being good but also might be disappointing. Other than that, what's left?

I know Persona 5 is coming in April but a) we sorta already know it owns, and b) it's a bit too niche to qualify for that big, hyped-up AAA thing anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

There's not really much in the way of big, hyped-up AAA games left for 2017, is there? Prey is coming in May and that looks like it'll be pretty good. Mass Effect Andromeda has a shot at being good but also might be disappointing. Other than that, what's left?

We'll certainly get some stuff announced at E3.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

haveblue posted:

The best moment in the GB video is when they get chased around by a skeleton while a laser turret is also shooting at them and eventually, after five minutes of frantic juking around, get the turret to blow up the skeleton.

I saw a clip where a dude tried to throw a bomb at an enemy and it kicked it back in Link's face, completely wrecking him

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mass Effect is probably gonna be bad but also get lots and lots of praise lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

We'll certainly get some stuff announced at E3.

True, though I wonder how many E3 announcements will be coming out in 2017 versus announced in 2017/coming out in 2018. The last time I remember a truly big, mega-hyped game being announced and released in the same year was, what, Fallout 4?

It's possible we'll get some 2017 release dates for already-announced games, though. Maybe God of War: Last of Us Edition?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the "little things in games" thread is going to be nothing but Zelda for like three weeks.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

an actual dog posted:

Mass Effect is probably gonna be bad but also get lots and lots of praise lol

I expect it's going to be pretty okay, at least going by the gameplay they're finally showing off, but nothing that'll blow people away.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I saw a clip where a dude tried to throw a bomb at an enemy and it kicked it back in Link's face, completely wrecking him

But... the bombs are remotely detonated. Would you have to be a total moron to trigger it after it gets launched back at you?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Wasn't No Man's Sky enough for you.

Lots of red flags around Andromeda, though it might end up being okay despite itself.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My expectations for Andromeda are pretty much in the "it's gonna be reasonably fun but not a must-buy" camp right now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

True, though I wonder how many E3 announcements will be coming out in 2017 versus announced in 2017/coming out in 2018. The last time I remember a truly big, mega-hyped game being announced and released in the same year was, what, Fallout 4?

It's possible we'll get some 2017 release dates for already-announced games, though. Maybe God of War: Last of Us Edition?

A lot of major companies don't have any big releases yet announced for 2017's Christmas season so you can bet they are going to be filling that up. EA probably will have one or more Star Wars titles by that point, a new CawaDudy and Battlefield are not unlikely, probably something from Bethesda besides just Prey, etc, etc. It'll probably be a relatively quiet year but I'm sure we'll get some stuff to be excited about and/or laugh at.

Joke answer: Half-Life 3's time has arrived!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Didn't Bungie claim that Destiny 2 was still gonna drop in 2017? That would be something to see.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

Has anyone opened up a physical game for the Switch yet? In curious if the physical copies include a download code or if it's a strict 'cartridge or download' choice at purchase.

(It's Nintendo, so I'm assuming it's one or the other.. but you never know.)

:what: How is this different from literally every other console on the market?
Why would you think they would give you two copies of the game?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

We're probably going to see the rear end Creed game that needed an extra year in the oven

There's CALL OF DUTY 5

i dunno how far away God of War: Dad Edition is

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Serf posted:

Didn't Bungie claim that Destiny 2 was still gonna drop in 2017? That would be something to see.

They just today announced what they describe as the last content drop for D1, and Activision still seems to believe it's on track for fall.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

A lot of major companies don't have any big releases yet announced for 2017's Christmas season so you can bet they are going to be filling that up. EA probably will have one or more Star Wars titles by that point, a new CawaDudy and Battlefield are not unlikely, probably something from Bethesda besides just Prey, etc, etc. It'll probably be a relatively quiet year but I'm sure we'll get some stuff to be excited about and/or laugh at.

Joke answer: Half-Life 3's time has arrived!

Yeah, I figure we'll get the usual Call of Duty/Battlefield array of things, but those definitely don't generate the same amount of hype (or corresponding hype backlash) that they used to. Which is good, by the way.

At this point, 2017 has earned the right to be called a quiet year. I mean, in just the first two months + a couple days, there's been RE7, Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild, Nier: Automata, and Torment: Tides of Numenera (apparently awesome?); looking out over the next couple of months we have Mass Effect Andromeda (kind of a coin toss right now), Persona 5 (owns), and Prey (looks promising). If the rest of the year takes a nap that's fine by me.

Serf posted:

I think that's still supposedly happening, yeah. It's already off to a great start, too! Today, they just announced that dedicated Destiny 1 players can carry over... their character's appearance. And nothing else. People are very pleased about this, especially the ones who (foolishly) spent a ton of money on microtransaction emotes and shaders, and the Destiny subreddit certainly isn't throwing a fit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

But... the bombs are remotely detonated. Would you have to be a total moron to trigger it after it gets launched back at you?

https://twitter.com/aevanko/status/837667468139122688

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

That moblin's pose at the end just screams "lol owned"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think Detroit could end up being pretty good in its own Cagey way. Cyberpunk 2077 is also supposed to release this year but somehow I doubt it'll make it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

haveblue posted:

They just today announced what they describe as the last content drop for D1, and Activision still seems to believe it's on track for fall.

I'm sure Activision believes a lot of things. Although given the pitiful post-release support for Destiny, I could believe the sequel is almost done and they're just holding off on showing stuff.

Harrow posted:

I think that's still supposedly happening, yeah. It's already off to a great start, too! Today, they just announced that dedicated Destiny 1 players can carry over... their character's appearance. And nothing else. People are very pleased about this, especially the ones who (foolishly) spent a ton of money on microtransaction emotes and shaders, and the Destiny subreddit certainly isn't throwing a fit.

I'm surprised they're even bringing over the old characters. That's cool.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Harrow posted:

I know Persona 5 is coming in April but a) we sorta already know it owns, and b) it's a bit too niche to qualify for that big, hyped-up AAA thing anyway.

Spider-Man only has one A but I'm hyped to get hyped for that and then be mega-disappointed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

Being able to go wherever you want in BOTW is absolutely insane. Not 4 hours in and I (extremely minor spoilers) charged straight to Hyrule castle, killed a boss, and got some overpowered weapons. Literally everything in there can one shot me so after a while i got tired of it but it's hilarious that you can do this.

I haven't even gone that far yet, I've been hiking around exploring, cookin' poo poo, and murderizin' pig dudes.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

WASTED

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

So... yes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAbeLga0E_I

The Bloodborne dynamic theme is the one I've always used and probably always will use. The Hunter's Dream theme is so soothing!

I did not know that was a thing. God drat it, i might spend money on a freakin theme. At least if I tire of the Nier preorder one.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
BotW does not let you pet dogs :argh:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

I'll probably play Zelda at some point. Probably.

Not super excited for the Switch but I'm considering breaking out my wiiu to play botw...Is it good, so far? That comment about having to claw to jump worries me.

It's kind of annoying but not a huge deal IMO. The sprint button is B and the jump button is X, so if you want to do a running leap you kind of have to reach over with two fingers. I haven't run into a situation where sprint + jump is necessary over regular run speed + jump though.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Harrow posted:

Oh boy, that's an enormous fuckup. People have been talking for a while that what they bring over will most likely have a big effect on actual user transitions between games, and if it turns out the answer is "basically nothing" I expect Destiny 2 to have much lower numbers.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

raditts posted:

It's kind of annoying but not a huge deal IMO. The sprint button is B and the jump button is X, so if you want to do a running leap you kind of have to reach over with two fingers. I haven't run into a situation where sprint + jump is necessary over regular run speed + jump though.

You can also switch the jump button in the options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

tap my mountain posted:

BotW does not let you pet dogs :argh:

WHAT THE gently caress

• Locked thread