Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

It kinda looks like a dream catcher and the only dream it keeps catching is "Running through an endless field pursued by the physical avatar of type 2 diabetes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yQd9O4MJTE&feature=youtu.be&a

This is why I hate modern democrats.

This, right here. Defending a literal war criminal because he's "Not Trump".

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

There is a thread on the forums where goons are posting very seriously about how problematic dreadlocks are.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

As far as war criminals go, he's a real sweetie. Pinchable cheeks, irredeemable crimes.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Kingfish posted:

There is a thread on the forums where goons are posting very seriously about how problematic dreadlocks are.

:gas: :ban:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

FuzzySkinner posted:

Normally I can understand the logic of centrist Dems but I literally don't understand the juxtaposition of their response to Trump vs their response to GWB. They respond to things like the travel ban with the most overheated rhetoric comparing Trump to Hitler and stuff but when it comes to the GWB and the Iraq war they're like "yeah that was bad but he called Islam a religion of peace!"

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

How loving sad is it that Trump is beating the Dems right now with various messages that would be considered "left wing economic populism".
the democrats were incredibly tone-deaf on economic messaging.

the top of the ticket was lying about being against TPP with extremely mealy-mouthed words, there was a campaign gaffe of a clinton surrogate assuring donors that clinton really did support TPP, they didn't go against TPP in the democratic party platform, and the loving president was strongly pushing TPP

the most charitable you could say is that at least clinton was smart enough to realize she shouldn't be publically supporting TPP. too bad obama pushing it all campaign season ruined any credibility the democratic party had on this issue.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/837719619020468228

rofl

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Why would Obama even publicly come out in support of the TPP at all? Literally no one believes in the "rising tide lifts all boats" nonsense rhetoric that trade deals rely on.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

call to action posted:

Why would Obama even publicly come out in support of the TPP at all? Literally no one believes in the "rising tide lifts all boats" nonsense rhetoric that trade deals rely on.

the tpp was mostly a constructed fulcrum to get leverage against china

had less to do with actual economics and more to do with ratfucking

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna be boycotting Disney if that "surprise for same-sex couples" isn't a graphic homosexual oral sex scene.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm gonna be boycotting Disney if that "surprise for same-sex couples" isn't a graphic homosexual oral sex scene.

the beast puts the candle up his urethra

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

mormonpartyboat posted:

the beast puts the candle up his urethra

Oh god its gonna have the same ending as Sausage Party!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MaxxBot posted:

Normally I can understand the logic of centrist Dems but I literally don't understand the juxtaposition of their response to Trump vs their response to GWB. They respond to things like the travel ban with the most overheated rhetoric comparing Trump to Hitler and stuff but when it comes to the GWB and the Iraq war they're like "yeah that was bad but he called Islam a religion of peace!"

The same people said Bush was Hitler for sixteen years.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

comedyblissoption posted:

the democrats were incredibly tone-deaf on economic messaging.

the top of the ticket was lying about being against TPP with extremely mealy-mouthed words, there was a campaign gaffe of a clinton surrogate assuring donors that clinton really did support TPP, they didn't go against TPP in the democratic party platform, and the loving president was strongly pushing TPP

the most charitable you could say is that at least clinton was smart enough to realize she shouldn't be publically supporting TPP. too bad obama pushing it all campaign season ruined any credibility the democratic party had on this issue.

The modern third way democrats are coming across more and more like the villain in an old John Cougar or Bruce Springsteen song.

it's not even the Republicans even have any "solutions" to alleviate things. It just so happens that they're able to pretend to care a hell of a lot better and put on the "awh shucks" persona quite effectively.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/emma-watsons-boobs-prove-why-we-still-need-feminism_us_58b8bd55e4b02b8b584df9f4

apperently, emma watson isnt a feminist anymore to the sex negative types.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

jimmy dore mocking russian hysterics by the democrats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dky3vpDeJ-s

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/837310368020037633?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Photo contradicts Pelosi's statement about not meeting Kislyak

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

comedyblissoption posted:

jimmy dore mocking russian hysterics by the democrats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dky3vpDeJ-s

Yeah this poo poo is wearing thin on me real quick.

A good percentage of their base seems to like having their own benghazi I guess, but it's just typical grandstanding horseshit. The CIA is pissed, The dems are pissed and they're doing this poo poo as some sort of "revenge" on Trump.

And it gives me no pleasure typing that poo poo because I consider Sessions, Trump both to be loving assholes. But the DNC has no loving platform to appeal to the base right now, so this is the poo poo they're pulling to distract the :911: public from that fact.

e: But I'm sure the real vague ones of "standing up for women", "standing up for transpeople", 'standing up for immigrants" will do wonders....

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 07:17 on Mar 4, 2017

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Desperate people are getting on board the Russia bullshit because nobody seriously believes, even deep down, that the truth is worth a poo poo any longer.

People like to hem and haw about "post-truth" starting when Turdblossom did his little supervillain monologue about the "reality-based community" but in actuality it took decades of setup to get to that point. We're just used to thinking of it as a right-wing thing rather than as a liberal thing.

Establishment liberalism is assmad that it lost to a clown and for lack of any sort of "plan b" it's tossing whatever garbage it can think of onto the television screens and hoping it sticks.

Slow-Scan Shep has issued a correction as of 08:54 on Mar 4, 2017

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

NPR was just talking nonstop about the russian bullshit when I was driving to/from the dentist today lol

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Harveygod posted:

Never feel ashamed of your lack of knowledge of GamerGate.

:agreed:

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

remember when a recent paper mario game made a reference to watergate and she thought it was targeting her

lol the Wii U thread was immediately closed and/or gassed after that story came out

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Perfect Potato posted:

lol the Wii U thread was immediately closed and/or gassed after that story came out

i thought it got gassed over people complaining about no girl link

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

i thought it got gassed over people complaining about no girl link

That was probably a different games thread. Wii U one was definitely "uhh guys I think this is referring to Watergate maybe???/I'm a fan of Five Guys burgers personally" and then instant lock

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

papa_november posted:

Desperate people are getting on board the Russia bullshit because nobody seriously believes, even deep down, that the truth is worth a poo poo any longer.

People like to hem and haw about "post-truth" starting when Turdblossom did his little supervillain monologue about the "reality-based community" but in actuality it took decades of setup to get to that point. We're just used to thinking of it as a right-wing thing rather than as a liberal thing.

Establishment liberalism is assmad that it lost to a clown and for lack of any sort of "plan b" it's tossing whatever garbage it can think of onto the television screens and hoping it sticks.

They refused to do an autopsy despite being wiped on all levels of federal government, and struggling with state, local governments.

They're in complete denial that they did anything wrong. and they refuse to throw out the " Left Wing Id. pol + Corporate money=successs" playbook they've been using 1992 or so.

So this is them trying to grasp at something because they have absolutely nothing right now, and are refusing to do any sort of course correction.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Perfect Potato posted:

You can't post this and not have a link to the thread.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/838544413202665472

any parents ITT have a take on this? Not trying to mock Patton, but man...his kid has got enough to worry about....

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
sounds like someone's upset

it's patty

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

any parents ITT have a take on this? Not trying to mock Patton, but man...his kid has got enough to worry about....

Indeed, having the man who murdered his mother raising him can do a number on your head.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
My daughter has just made a postcard for the police department

"Calm down about the murder of my mom by my dad, please"

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

FuzzySkinner posted:

You absolutely should mock Patton because this is just another case of "Mr. Trump, my 8 year old has this to say about you"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

FuzzySkinner posted:

gently caress! thats a self own.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

My daughter has just made a postcard for the police department

"Calm down about the murder of my mom by my dad, please"

Wait, what? Killed her by inaction or is there a theory that he orchestrated her death?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

mysterious frankie posted:

Wait, what? Killed her by inaction or is there a theory that he orchestrated her death?

Patton was gonna get her into Ghostbusters 2016 no matter what it took.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Patton Oswalt murdered his wife and made it look like an accidental overdose

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Patton Oswalt murdered his wife and made it look like an accidental overdose

Geez Louise. Do you have a link on hand that you could float me? If not I'll just google around.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Geez Louise. Do you have a link on hand that you could float me? If not I'll just google around.

It was the perfect crime.. until it became a meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

an actual dog posted:

It was the perfect crime.. until it became a meme

• Locked thread