Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

"On the Spectrum" - The Chris Roberts Story"

*as archived by Ben Lesnick , Chris Roberts Historian

lol thats today isnt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

"On the Spectrum" - The Chris Roberts Story"

*as archived by Ben Lesnick , Chris Roberts Historian

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/126126531?t=33m18s

:gary:

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I literally don't even understand the premise or purpose behind 'archiving for future reference' a guy's tweets.

The /r/DerkeSmart is no different than /r/StarCitizen. One is chronicling all the lies told by Derek, the other chronicling all the lies told by Chris Roberts. Wonder which one is going to be more accurate in two years? My guess is both get filled with tears, but for different reasons.

And how can you guys be talking bad about onions on a hot dog--did you not see the ketchup all over that thing? Who over the age of 13 puts ketchup on a hot dog?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

Beet Wagon, did you ever do the red beet eggs thing?

Yeah, they were alright but I suspect it's a regional thing I'd kinda have to get used to.

I did make beet-powered deviled eggs though and those were pretty good.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I wonder if there's enough sugar in the beets to make wine?

You mod boys could combine your respective expertise to make this happen

apparently there is! googling shows a couple different recipes for it, I might have to try and make some wine next weekend lmao

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

HycoCam posted:

The /r/DerkeSmart is no different than /r/StarCitizen. One is chronicling all the lies told by Derek, the other chronicling all the lies told by Chris Roberts. Wonder which one is going to be more accurate in two years? My guess is both get filled with tears, but for different reasons.

And how can you guys be talking bad about onions on a hot dog--did you not see the ketchup all over that thing? Who over the age of 13 puts ketchup on a hot dog?

Nah man. THIS is where it's at.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Slaw Dog

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Radishes are the best. Especially pickled radishes. Yum!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah, they were alright but I suspect it's a regional thing I'd kinda have to get used to.

It's a Pennsylvania Dutch thing, and an acquired taste. You have to not only have the taste for pickled eggs, but beets as well. I could eat those things all day long.

If I were "Smashmouth eat the eggs", I'd show up with jars of red beet eggs.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

DapperDon posted:

Nah man. THIS is where it's at.

Oh look: asbestos-free cereals.
Why would there be any gluten in there to begin with?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I wonder if there's enough sugar in the beets to make wine?

They make refined sugar out of beets due to how much sugar is in them, so wine is surely doable. I think most mainland US sugar is sourced from beets.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Tippis posted:

Sauces, gravies, and toppings are often thickened with wheat. Try to find canned clam chowder, chili, beef stew, or meat sauces without gluten and it's a problem.

I'm not one of those weirdo hipster no gluten guys. I have colitis/crones to the degree that my doctor is talking about taking out my colon. I blood test negative for gluten intolerance, but anything wheat causes me major nightmares. I can barely buy cans of soup. Campbell's has wheat in almost everything. You never realize how much stuff gluten is in until you start making GBS threads blood and having doctors biopsy your intestines.

The gluten free tag on a cut of meat in the butcher case is awkward, but on anything in a jar, you can't assume anything.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
lol chris isn't even in it. Landos bored as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Am0aZuBQI

lol the comments are salty.

TrustmeImLegit fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 3, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Did they really do a history of chris roberts video?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Did they really do a history of chris roberts video?

No one better.

They did a Pre-Chris Roberts history video. Like Pre history. Videogames didn't really start until Chris got involved.

I mean FFS they literally call Ben the 'Chris Roberts Historian"

Not a cult.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

i can't

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

First time ever some Chris's earliest work has been streamed. Magnificent.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tippis posted:

You have to put it on there so people who are just involving themselves in a fad can buy it.

People who actually suffer from celiacs already know what to stay the heck away from.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Libluini posted:

While the control system of the remastered homeworld isn't optimal, it's still a good and fun game. Your opinion, however, is the Star Citizen of opinions.

Why make do with a shoddy game when the original and a shitload of free mods are available and much better.

This is the star citizen thread though, so gaming self-harm is to be expected.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

XK posted:

Sauces, gravies, and toppings are often thickened with wheat. Try to find canned clam chowder, chili, beef stew, or meat sauces without gluten and it's a problem.
That just raises the exact same question: what's it doing there to begin with?

quote:

I'm not one of those weirdo hipster no gluten guys.
This is SA. You're supposed to be one of those weirdo hipster “why buy it in a can” guys and just do your own [whatever], causing untold amounts of conflict because someone else says you shouldn't use that much water/heat/shredded elderberries in your [whatever]. Get with the program.

spacetoaster posted:

You have to put it on there so people who are just involving themselves in a fad can buy it.
Those people should also get with the program and just roll their own. :colbert:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy poo poo just jumping around in there Lando seems loving miserable.

At one point Ben compares the King Kong game to seeing an early work from a famous painter and Lando can't help but look away and grimace

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lack of Gravitas posted:

traditional Aussie
Isn't that a tautology? "Yeah, we've been doing this for over an hour. It's a real tradition."

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Tippis posted:

This is SA. You're supposed to be one of those weirdo hipster “why buy it in a can” guys and just do your own [whatever], causing untold amounts of conflict because someone else says you shouldn't use that much water/heat/shredded elderberries in your [whatever]. Get with the program.

I just want to eat a pizza. I live in the pizza belt, and have an amazing local place in 5 minutes walking distance, so it's especially depressing not to be able to.

:(

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

Isn't that a tautology? "Yeah, we've been doing this for over an hour. It's a real tradition."

I.. I can't really argue against this tbh :negative:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

XK posted:

I just want to eat a pizza. I live in the pizza belt, and have an amazing local place in 5 minutes walking distance, so it's especially depressing not to be able to.

:(

Shouldn't at least one of them have something that won't murder you? Both my local pizza places have intolerant-tolerable versions that are almost not bad, and they're just regular eateries.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 3, 2017

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
If you scrape the bottom of the barrel too much, you won't have a barrel anymore. You've just have a fat hoop. That video pre-Chris history whatever the gently caress video? That is a fat hoop.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Tippis posted:

Shouldn't at least one of them have something that won't murder you? Both my local pizza places have intolerant-tolerable versions that are almost not bad, and they're just regular eateries.

Gluten free pizza, breads, or pretty much any gluten free version of anything that would normally have gluten, is terrible and just not worth it. Every gluten free pizza I've ever had is like pizza toppings on a crackery crust. It just doesn't scratch the same itch. Plus, it costs more.

I don't want to eat my second favorite food in an "almost not bad" form.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hopefully the Smithsonian does a Chris Roberts display based on today's footage.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I sure am glad they made that video about Chris that I'll never watch goddamn what is wrong with these people

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

No one better.

They did a Pre-Chris Roberts history video. Like Pre history. Videogames didn't really start until Chris got involved.

I mean FFS they literally call Ben the 'Chris Roberts Historian"

Not a cult.

My first ever PC gaming experience was in 82 with Castle Smurfenstein for the Apple II on those bigazz floppies. Man those were good days with a lovely computer.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Schedule report is out. Mar 23rd is the target date. :D

9 more months to 3.0 :D

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

My first PC gaming experience was playing Doom

Suck it

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Mr.Tophat posted:

My first PC gaming experience was playing Doom

Suck it

N00b.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Trillhouse posted:

Radishes are the best. Especially pickled radishes. Yum!

Oshinko veggie sushi with LOTS of wasabi is yummy.

https://makemysushi.com/Sushi-Essentials/oshinko

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

My family didn't a PC for a very long time

One of our lodgers had a PC, and he let me play Doom and it was good

It would be years and years until we had our own PC, and then I played Quake

:shrug:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe is one of the greatest flight sims of all time and gently caress Chris Roberts. He only wishes he could make something half as fun, or stable.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe is one of the greatest flight sims of all time and gently caress Chris Roberts. He only wishes he could make something half as fun, or stable.

I just started DCS with the Flaming Cliffs 3 pack and I have to say it is really fun.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

To be fair, one of his earliest claims to fame was prancing around some CeBIT or CES, claiming he had reverse-engineered the engine Lucasart used for that whole series of WWII sims, so he could use it for Wing Commander. In standard CRobber fashion, it was all nonsense, of course, and consequently, Origin was not sued into a smoking hole in the ground.

Mr.Tophat posted:

My family didn't a PC for a very long time

One of our lodgers had a PC, and he let me play Doom and it was good

It would be years and years until we had our own PC, and then I played Quake

:shrug:
On second thought, maybe I should be quiet. We had all kinds of odd bits and bobs when I grew up, and I don't think PDP-10s and DECstations really qualify as PCs. We did have some horrible old x86-based Hercules machine at some point, with LSL1 and Alleycat on it, but I can't even remember when that was, and it didn't really hold a candle to, say, the Mac. I probably got the first regular PC with my insanely beefy 386 (it had a ridiculous 12MB of RAM and 140MB HD space!).

Tippis fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 4, 2017

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

drat I miss that game--them's were the days. Those kick rear end VGA graphics.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

Schedule report is out. Mar 23rd is the target date. :D

9 more months to 3.0 :D

Gamecode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

my first pc gaming experience was some racecar game called STUNTS and it had the best drat track creator of all time