Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Current team status:

Wow he looks , over worked and really stressed

Also like he hasn't slept well in over a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

SelenicMartian posted:

Current team status:

Work status: Crunched

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

I'll definitely give it a go.

It's often sold for something like $5-10 during GOG and Steam sales, so I'd wait for one, at least.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SelenicMartian posted:

Current team status:

:allears:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

:five::five::five:

also raw onions are bad and I'm not afraid to say it :colbert:

I'd expect nothing better from a pineappleist. About your only saving grace at this point is Kayak.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

Is this the machine CIG uses to keep track of how many backers they've arse hosed updating in real time?

No, but that IS the arse loving machine.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

If SC gets released and is a not-poo poo game? Hell yeah I'd buy back in.

I love that the ONLY POSSIBLE REASON why we could be following SC is because we're obsessed fans who desperately want back in, and not because it's a hilarious shitshow.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love that the ONLY POSSIBLE REASON why we could be following SC is because we're obsessed fans who desperately want back in, and not because it's a hilarious shitshow.

Jokes on you goonie, CIG has blacklisted your Mac address, IP address, credit card details, fingerprints, DNA, your car's license number and your mom's email address.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Daztek posted:

Jokes on you goonie, CIG has blacklisted your Mac address, IP address, credit card details, fingerprints, DNA, your car's license number and your mom's email address.

Grandma's AOL account it is then.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I got my refund so early on they didn't kill my account :smuggo:

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Yeah. Jesus Christ if SC was everything Roberts promised I'd jump for the chance to play it.

When they were first getting funding I remember thinking "I don't think hundreds (or even tens) of ships fighting each other in space with twitch gameplay, in Cryengine, is possible. I'll buy-in if they prove me wrong."

5 years later and they're no closer than when they started. I still don't think it's possible.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Trillhouse posted:

Yeah. Jesus Christ if SC was everything Roberts promised I'd jump for the chance to play it.

When they were first getting funding I remember thinking "I don't think hundreds (or even tens) of ships fighting each other in space with twitch gameplay, in Cryengine, is possible. I'll buy-in if they prove me wrong."

5 years later and they're no closer than when they started. I still don't think it's possible.

You and me both, especially if there is not a monthly fee.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SelenicMartian posted:

Grass skirts are in

Definitely new and never done before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qi75CTrYzk

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

It's a pity no one knows Stars!. It's the spiritual successor to VGA Planets and the graphics are rudimentary but I SWEAR TO GOD it's the best 4X game ever. I played that poo poo an unhealthy number of hours. You can fully customize your race to take wildly different approaches and gameplay styles, use mass drivers to send EVE sized asteroids to your enemy's planets, lay minefields, and a number of crazy poo poo you can't do in any other game. Since you can automate pretty much everything so if you go for a huge galaxy the whole thing devolves into an insane scale slaughter with dozens of battle fronts and a war economy that resembles WH40K. While you strip mine everything and send resources to foundry planets near the front your inner core becomes a factory of cannon fodder to fight in the massive invasions against whatever hosed up races inhabit the targets at the moment.

It's been over a decade since I last played it but if you get over the graphics there is genuine 4X gold in there.

e: I loving loved minefields, usually picked "extra mines" as a perk. planet killer sized asteroids are a valid strategy that is much harder to fight against but it's incredibly expensive to essentially make an asteroid out of rare metals.

e2: to clarify, the AI is perfectly serviceable to play solo, I doubt there is anyone in the world still playing this the BBS style multiplayer way

You can do all this in "star ruler 1" (but in glorious 3D). The second one was pretty dumbed down though.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Hav posted:

When you bought the boxed game, they gave you two CDs and Two keys. My favourite is that you could retask mass drivers to deliver mineral packets to your planets, and that also became a viable game tactic for blowing the poo poo out of planets; that is if you didn't go the megafreighter route.

Minefields were fun because they increased in size and density depending on the ships you had building the minefields, and this in turn would effect different sized ships, lowering the top speed and damaging them every turn.

Seriously good generation algorithms as well, as I recall. May be spreadsheet quality graphics, but it had amazing depth.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/27002/Stars!.html
http://wiki.starsautohost.org/wiki/Main_Page

Edit: Fuel was a factor as well. I'd end up with dedicated refuelling fleets trolling around the place.

Also can be done in star ruler. Also you can build planet ships and eat other planets to make more ships.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Speak for yourself. I'm an obsessed fan who desperately wants back in; but they won't let me.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Raw diced onion on a chili dog is good stuff

Can confirm

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

you monster, you'll lose all the beet juice!

Slow masticating juicer is good

can confirm

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Raw onions are too spicy. Don't be cavemen, cook your food.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

That's interesting, I used to play Planets Nu by email. I knew it was a remaster of an older game but I didn't know there was a sequel to the original.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Have you guys seen that cat that wants a cheeseburger? I can't believe the stuff you find on the internet these days.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Have you guys seen that cat that wants a cheeseburger? I can't believe the stuff you find on the internet these days.

Keep your fork. There pie!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I love that when something reaches an arbitrary size a feline predator's brain changes its instinctual opinion from 'food' to 'nice toy to rub and sleep on'.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

::3: I had a cat and a bunny but they rarely interacted at all, let alone snuggled. They were both kind of bitchy, tbh.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Raw onion is great. I hate cooking with onion because I usually end up eating half the drat thing before it ever gets to the pan.

Beets are too earthy. Not that I dislike them, just not really fond of them. They have no flavor, its just crunchy dirt. Even worse than raw carrots.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

pickled beets own

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Remastered homeworld uses the control system from homeworld 2 and is therefore a crap game.

While the control system of the remastered homeworld isn't optimal, it's still a good and fun game. Your opinion, however, is the Star Citizen of opinions.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

pickled beets own

Finally the voice of reason

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you buy a hamburger in any traditional Aussie takeaway, you're going to end up with a couple of slices of beetroot in it, staining everything else an unnatural magenta colour :barf:

Beetroots are the Devil's Tuber

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

Chris gauges public opinion daily. He climbs out of bed and licks his finger after walking into the second story patio of his mansion. He holds this finger aloft, checking to make sure his shadow just barely touches his parked custom Porsche, for optimum gauging.

He waits, then curls his silk robe tighter around him and says, "Not enough belief. Star Citizens get nothing today. Instead I will book my monthly vacation." And clicks his tongue and shakes his head sadly.

If only there could be more belief. If only.

A million pages back, but this is amazing.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 3, 2017

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Is it me or do they all look like they have an extra copy of chromosome 21?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

pickled beets own

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

yes finally

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Lladre posted:

Chromosome 21

Sounds like a movie title. Maybe it's the working title for the 'making of SC' video :D

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

"On the Spectrum" - The Chris Roberts Story"

*as archived by Ben Lesnick , Chris Roberts Historian

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

pickled beets own

Someone give this man a beet

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon, did you ever do the red beet eggs thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I wonder if there's enough sugar in the beets to make wine?

You mod boys could combine your respective expertise to make this happen