Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bryan not knowing how to say Fred Yehi's name was funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

achillesforever6 posted:

And that a clip show can win best weekly TV show, while a universally acclaimed series is DQed for only having 11 episodes.
Not just a clip show, but a clip show that nobody in the west watches. I'm guessing the votes were actually for NJPW on AXS since it's not like anyone reading the Observer is watching the Japanese run of World Pro Wrestling Returns, either. But the American show is not named any variation of WPW, so...yeah.

I have no problem admitting that I once voted for stuff I hadn't seen in the international section of the Torch's awards. I was also 9 years old at the time.

(Although it wouldn't be that surprising if Dave just combined all of the votes for NJPW shows and declared them as being for WPW.)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

triplexpac posted:

But he should be the undisputed champion of the WWE, not a midcarder losing all the time.

Like people say Jericho was underrated in WCW, even though he was regularly on TV. You can still be underrated if your push is way below what your skill/crowd reaction warrants.
Really the overrated and underrated sections are pretty weak; like I would rather put Samoa Joe as number 1 overrated because his two long rear end programs actively hurt NXT in 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the awards are bad and samoa joe and liv morgan were the only things keeping nxt's head above water

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bryan not knowing how to say Fred Yehi's name was funny to me

I don't either, does it rhyme with knee-high

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Mob posted:

I don't either, does it rhyme with knee-high

yay-HIGH

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

proper 4:20 name.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahaha Dave's surge protector

You can almost hear Bryan's despair physically manifesting as Dave explains that he cannot and will not fix it :allears:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

You can almost hear Bryan's despair physically manifesting as Dave explains that he cannot and will not fix it :allears:

When those things go bad they're a pain in the rear end

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

What are the best apps to use to listen to the podcasts? I can't get the RSS feed to work through iTunes and I'm getting pissed at having to listen through Safari

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thrifting Day! posted:

What are the best apps to use to listen to the podcasts? I can't get the RSS feed to work through iTunes and I'm getting pissed at having to listen through Safari

downcast works well for password protected themes. switched to it from idowncast after various small problems started to mount with that one.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Karmine posted:

I'll see about busting the proper kneecaps.

I hope we get reviews of WrestleMania 3 and WrestleMania 11.

I'm also still waiting for you guys to read Big Apple Takedown.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Thrifting Day! posted:

On iOS? I like Overcast.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

davidbix posted:

Not just a clip show, but a clip show that nobody in the west watches. I'm guessing the votes were actually for NJPW on AXS since it's not like anyone reading the Observer is watching the Japanese run of World Pro Wrestling Returns, either. But the American show is not named any variation of WPW, so...yeah.

I have no problem admitting that I once voted for stuff I hadn't seen in the international section of the Torch's awards. I was also 9 years old at the time.

(Although it wouldn't be that surprising if Dave just combined all of the votes for NJPW shows and declared them as being for WPW.)
Meanwhile Talking Smack is a show that is allowed to be voted on, but CWF Mid Atlantic isn't because it's "Online Only" man the criteria for the awards can be so dense and hypocritical

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't the AXS show identical to the Japanese version, though? Just with JR and Barnett doing commentary and subtitles for the promos?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The audio problems owned because they made me think something was wrong with my car until I remember people in the thread mentioning audio problems.

Then Dave tried to explain them.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't the AXS show identical to the Japanese version, though? Just with JR and Barnett doing commentary and subtitles for the promos?
As World Pro Wrestling Returns? Yes, pretty much.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

The audio problems owned because they made me think something was wrong with my car until I remember people in the thread mentioning audio problems.

Then Dave tried to explain them.

he got the awards issue done he was not waiting 2 months to do the awards podcast

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Meanwhile Talking Smack is a show that is allowed to be voted on, but CWF Mid Atlantic isn't because it's "Online Only" man the criteria for the awards can be so dense and hypocritical

CWF was actually on a local NC station for a handful of episodes last year, not that Dave knew that or as if it would make a difference to him.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Giant Pharaoh for the HOF

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Giant Pharaoh for the HOF

Also The Mysterious Shoemaker

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The beeping didn't bother me NEARLY as much as Dave's voice going all crackly every minute or so.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i Love to purchase expensive headphones and listen to very irritating noises, while hearing about the latest important wrestling polls from my father and his close friend

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A good read if you want more WON analysis: http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/3/2/14788496/2016-wrestling-observer-newsletter-awards-full-list-analysis

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Bryan losing his mind over Vinny's inability to tell the difference between Peyton and Billie was amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sub Rosa posted:

CWF was actually on a local NC station for a handful of episodes last year, not that Dave knew that or as if it would make a difference to him.

Big Daddy Yum Yum got hosed over and the nerdos didn't make a peep. Now some made up show didn't get enough votes and it's a conspiracy.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Go RV! posted:

Bryan losing his mind over Vinny's inability to tell the difference between Peyton and Billie was amazing.
I never thought I'd see the day that Bryan Was Right

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

St Evan Echoes posted:

I never thought I'd see the day that Bryan Was Right

This reminds me that they need a "Stink was wronk" shirt for sale.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Billie's the one who wears the opera gloves and cape, and Peyton's the other one, it's not that hard.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Here is this week's VOW podcast, spends a lot of the time talking about the Hardy's Impact situation and the WON Awards
http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/03/02/vow-flagship-tna-changes-won-awards-tom-phillips/

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 3, 2017

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

best one yet :troll:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
BEST WEEKLY TV SHOW

2. WWE Smackdown Live (200) 1,626

3. WWE Talking Smack (165) 1,191

6. WWE NXT (68) 898

8. TNA Impact 101

9. WWE Raw (6) 60

Heh

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Go RV! posted:

"That is "The Mastadon" Vader... and, that appears to be Liv Morgan."

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Kennel posted:

BEST WEEKLY TV SHOW

2. WWE Smackdown Live (200) 1,626

3. WWE Talking Smack (165) 1,191

6. WWE NXT (68) 898

8. TNA Impact 101

9. WWE Raw (6) 60

Heh

Who are these 60 people that think Raw is the best weekly wrestling show?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

keevo posted:

Who are these 60 people that think Raw is the best weekly wrestling show?

6 voted it best, actually. The Observer Awards uses a point system based on lists, rather than just straight votes..

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel that Impact getting no #1 votes, but enough lower ballots to make the top 10 is telling. Not sure what it's telling of, but it's telling.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dave has been talking up how good the show is for most of the year. I disagree personally but I bet more than a few people vote or voted based on his opinion without actually watching it, which NJPW probably benefits from as well.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
NJPW winning best TV show for a loving months-old clip show was atrocious, and likely due to Talking Smack/SmackDown Live splitting votes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I feel that Impact getting no #1 votes, but enough lower ballots to make the top 10 is telling. Not sure what it's telling of, but it's telling.

That there aren't a lot of weekly television shows...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tom Phillips plugging the network and plugging mouths

• Locked thread