Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

zelah posted:

People have been saying he was out of shape coming in, and he looked completely gassed towards the end when Andre Roberson kinda threw him to the floor last night. Sounds like he wasn't playing much in Denver, but yeah the all star break plus sparse schedule should help him get up to speed quick. He sounds motivated.

He played like, 38 minutes last night (because Meyers Leonard is basically unplayable lately) so it's sorta understandable he was gassed.

Also gently caress Meyers Leonard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is he actually learning to be a team player or is he stat hunting?

He has the 11th lowest assist percentage in the league this year. That is a 50% improvement over last year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dokmo posted:

He has the 11th lowest assist percentage in the league this year. That is a 50% improvement over last year.

Yinka Dare-esque!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Is he actually learning to be a team player or is he stat hunting? I've not seen a Heat game all year.

I don't think it's either, I think he literally just didn't start passing until this year.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

leftist heap posted:

He played like, 38 minutes last night (because Meyers Leonard is basically unplayable lately) so it's sorta understandable he was gassed.

The experiment is over, right? They have to be shopping him around this summer. He showed progress when he was working with Karan but has just gotten worse since then.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I bet if the Blazers could've traded Leonard away without giving up a 1st, they would've done it already.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

leftist heap posted:

Forever and ever. That play last night where CJ passed the ball inside to Meyers, who stood there like an idiot watching it bounce off his chest and out of bounds, was beautiful.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Random question: I want to go to the Wizards/Raptors game in DC tonight but I don't want mezzanine seats. I heard that if you wait until an hour before the game you can get really cheap tickets for good seats off SeatGeek and StubHub. Do peoples' experiences suggest this to be true?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Is he actually learning to be a team player or is he stat hunting? I've not seen a Heat game all year.

He's averaging .7 assists per game...

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Tae posted:

I bet if the Blazers could've traded Leonard away without giving up a 1st, they would've done it already.

His trade value is at an all time low right now. His shooting has dramatically regressed and much like the rest of the team his defense is almost non existent.

I'll miss the occasional stories that come out of Portland about how dumb he actually is, those were always entertaining.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Panama Red posted:

Random question: I want to go to the Wizards/Raptors game in DC tonight but I don't want mezzanine seats. I heard that if you wait until an hour before the game you can get really cheap tickets for good seats off SeatGeek and StubHub. Do peoples' experiences suggest this to be true?

Some arenas have walk up tickets to upper and lower levels for cheaper prices. I know the Mavs do but no idea about the Wizards.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

Some arenas have walk up tickets to upper and lower levels for cheaper prices. I know the Mavs do but no idea about the Wizards.

I think every team sets aside a certain amount of tickets for each game for walk-ups. For certain teams, it may be the only "affordable" way to get tickets. Wizards home games aren't one of those difficult to find tickets. They should be relatively easy to acquire for cheap online.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

OKC would be lucky to win like, 20 games without Russ. He's the MVP. Full stop.

Adams, Oladipo, Roberson, Kanter + the Payne/Gibson/McDermot mix is a better team than Brooklyn, and probably right around the Suns/Lakers mix, so that comes out to somewhere around 25 wins. Saying those guys would be lucky to hit 20 puts them equal to the Nets and they have like twice the number of NBA players.

Bashez posted:

And of course the most impressive is Kawhi taking a 45 win team and making them a 60 win team.

They keep their pace and hit 63 wins I just might agree. If they kinda coast into the playoffs and end up a couple games ahead of Houston I'm more impressed with what Harden dragged.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Kibner posted:

I think every team sets aside a certain amount of tickets for each game for walk-ups. For certain teams, it may be the only "affordable" way to get tickets. Wizards home games aren't one of those difficult to find tickets. They should be relatively easy to acquire for cheap online.

I can get a student discount for upper level tickets at $15 a pop but I'm not seeing cheap seats in the lower levels online. Apparently you can also get lower level seats for $50 with a student ID for some "Student Rush" games but they don't seem to be available for tonight, either because they weren't offered or they sold out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lockback posted:

Adams, Oladipo, Roberson, Kanter + the Payne/Gibson/McDermot mix is a better team than Brooklyn, and probably right around the Suns/Lakers mix, so that comes out to somewhere around 25 wins. Saying those guys would be lucky to hit 20 puts them equal to the Nets and they have like twice the number of NBA players.

They keep their pace and hit 63 wins I just might agree. If they kinda coast into the playoffs and end up a couple games ahead of Houston I'm more impressed with what Harden dragged.

Fair enough but the point is they'd be a loving joke without him. Even if they win 45-50 games, which is what they're on pace to do but is barely a playoff spot in the west, that's overachieving because of a guy doing something that hasn't been done since the 60's.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Panama Red posted:

I can get a student discount for upper level tickets at $15 a pop but I'm not seeing cheap seats in the lower levels online. Apparently you can also get lower level seats for $50 with a student ID for some "Student Rush" games but they don't seem to be available for tonight, either because they weren't offered or they sold out.

Lower levels will never really be cheap. If you want a cheap seat, but have a great view, try to get something in the upper level that is as close to midcourt as you can get. It is basically the TV broadcast view. The seat below runs me $20-35, depending on who is coming to play the Pels that night:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Panama Red posted:

When I lived in DC it was always pretty easy to do what you describe and grab last minute tickets if you were downtown and wanted to catch a game; however that was like 8-9 years ago I lived there and I have no idea what attendance and ticket buying are like in current time.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
why is Russ so far behind in WS? (also WS/48)

quote:

Win Shares
1. James Harden • HOU 11.8
2. Kevin Durant • GSW 11.4
3. Kawhi Leonard • SAS 10.2
4. Rudy Gobert • UTA 10.1
5. Isaiah Thomas • BOS 9.7
6. Jimmy Butler • CHI 9.6
7. LeBron James • CLE 9.5
8. Kyle Lowry • TOR 9.4
9. Stephen Curry • GSW 9.0
10. Giannis Antetokounmpo • MIL 8.9
11. Russell Westbrook • OKC 8.9
12. Karl-Anthony Towns • MIN 8.8
13. Gordon Hayward • UTA 8.5
14. Anthony Davis • NOP 8.2
15. DeAndre Jordan • LAC 8.1

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ragle posted:

In an alternate universe Gobert is leading the MVP votes and people wonder if offense and outside shooting will ever be appreciated in the NBA

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ragle posted:

He is not terribly efficient of a scorer ( He's around 200th in TS%)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Adams, Oladipo, Roberson, Kanter + the Payne/Gibson/McDermot mix

Just as an aside, Payne is now setting picks on the wrong side for the Bulls

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Libertine posted:

When I lived in DC it was always pretty easy to do what you describe and grab last minute tickets if you were downtown and wanted to catch a game; however that was like 8-9 years ago I lived there and I have no idea what attendance and ticket buying are like in current time.

Attendance is still terrible unless the Cavs or the Warriors are in town, and we often have just as many attendees rooting for the opponents as we do for the home team (DC is full of transplants). Usually I can find decent lower level seats for a song on StubHub or SeatGeek, but I think a combination of us being good at the moment + playing someone close to us in the conference standings + bad luck means no joy right now. I'll probably just buy a 400 level ticket and sneak into a better seat at halftime or something this time around. I always talk poo poo about Wizards fans but I myself should be going to more games.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
He's #1 in OBPM so gently caress win shares

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Right, but he played the majority of the games this season for OKC, so hence why I said the mix of those guys.

Soviet Space Dog
May 7, 2009
Unicum Space Dog
May 6, 2009

NOBODY WILL REALIZE MY POSTS ARE SHIT NOW THAT MY NAME IS PURPLE :smug:

Lockback posted:

Right, but he played the majority of the games this season for OKC, so hence why I said the mix of those guys.

he was also terrible

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Both of the Warriors games versus the Spurs are schedule losses too, so it will be very interesting if they can stay atop the conference

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The Warriors Paid Jose Calderon a half-million USD for two hours of work
http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/2/14795382/jose-calderon-warriors-jersey-pay

Cool Buff Man posted:

Did not expect Lebron to be at .617 true shooting this year. I swear every time I look at his bbref I get surprised at something new

NBA/ABA Seasons with 10+ WS:

code:
Player 			Seasons
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	16
Karl Malone		14
Wilt Chamberlain	13
John Stockton		13
Tim Duncan		12
Artis Gilmore		12
LeBron James		12
Dirk Nowitzki		12
LBJ should reach 10 WS once again this month. Becoming only the fifth to ever do that. He's only 32.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Don't Lefty-shame!

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

ragle posted:

He's not a good shooter. Here are some of his shooting lines from TD performances:

code:
FG	FGA
17	44
7	23
6	20
8	25
4	18
12	35
7	26
:barf:

Also, the amount of open dunks he missed in the ASG was shameful and disgraceful. The only thing worse was seeing AD being handed the false MVP award. Not that that's anything new. NBA conmen have been pulling this for a while.

RaySmuckles posted:

how did the spurs get so lucky to go from robinson to duncan to leonard? 3 of the classiest superstars ever

Robinson instilled a winning heritage there in the late 1980s and it's lasted nearly thirty years.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Lovin' myself some big nurk

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nathanfenno/status/837776292976046080

All this big market dysfunction

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
so if you're leaving a sports franchise to your kids you're pretty much dooming them to hate eachother forever huh

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

chunkles posted:

so if you're leaving a sports franchise to your kids you're pretty much dooming them to hate eachother forever huh
You gotta just pick the kid you love the most

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

LOLakers!!!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

straight up brolic posted:

Put the rest in convents.

It worked for kings it will work for you.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm willing to support a Pretender Reinsdorf who deposes all the legitimate Reinsdorfs and locks Paxson and Forman in the Tower of Water.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Jeanie buss' twitter had a picture of her with two basketballs over her boobies so I have no choice but to support her in this civil war.

i hope rick does not kill me in the battles to come

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

straight up brolic posted:

lol.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Up Circle posted:

Jeanie buss' twitter had a picture of her with two basketballs over her boobies so I have no choice but to support her in this civil war.

i hope rick does not kill me in the battles to come

I thought Jeannie was the smart one but she put Magic in charge so now I'm just glad my team hired a nerd who goes to video game conferences instead of a sports person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/hpbasketball/status/837797874654134273

Dejan look

• Locked thread