Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

89 posted:

Brandon Marshall is so used to having to circus catch Fitzpatrick's poo poo throws so much that he's gonna make a normal QB look like a God.
The best season of Marshall's career was with Fitzpatrick. Also, he's 33.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

LaCanfora so take it for what it's worth, but apparently the Tyrod decision is STILL coming down to a difference in opinion between the front office and the coaching staff.

My guess is that the Pegulas are dumb as poo poo and really want a “pocket passer”.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

fsif posted:

LaCanfora so take it for what it's worth, but apparently the Tyrod decision is STILL coming down to a difference in opinion between the front office and the coaching staff.

My guess is that the Pegulas are dumb as poo poo and really want a “pocket passer”.

The longer they drag this decision out the more frustrating it must get for Tyrod. Whether he stays or not you have to assume the relationship with the front office has been permanently damaged.

And if it's true that the coaching staff is having a disagreement with the FO already then this does not bode well for the future.

And yeah it's probably the Pegulas. You'd think that at some point they would realize they have no idea how to run a football team and would just leave it to other people.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

The longer they drag this decision out the more frustrating it must get for Tyrod.

They have to decide whether to exercise his option or not by March 11, 4pm EST. I'm sure this deadline has been explained to him and his agent and he's fully aware that they may wait till the last hour to decide.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

The longer they drag this decision out the more frustrating it must get for Tyrod. Whether he stays or not you have to assume the relationship with the front office has been permanently damaged.

And if it's true that the coaching staff is having a disagreement with the FO already then this does not bode well for the future.

And yeah it's probably the Pegulas. You'd think that at some point they would realize they have no idea how to run a football team and would just leave it to other people.
You'd think that, but they probably have people on payroll whose job it is to tell them they're smart and know about football.
I'm seriously hoping we cut Taylor at this point. For his sake. He deserves better than this "organization".

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

They have to decide whether to exercise his option or not by March 11, 4pm EST. I'm sure this deadline has been explained to him and his agent and he's fully aware that they may wait till the last hour to decide.

Doesn't mean it's not frustrating.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Can Cooks or Stills catch a football?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Brandon Marshall has played 167 games and never made the playoffs. I hope he goes to the Packers, or barring that, the Patriots.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So if Tyrod hits the market he's the guy everyone who needs a QB (who isn't in the Romo market) will be gunning for? I mean you'd rather have him than Cutler at this point just in case there's any upside left right?

Well should be to my mind, but there are reportedly dumbass teams going after Mike Glennon.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's cool that it's so incredibly easy to make profit off owning a NFL team that rank incompetence is never, ever punished by the market. And Goodell/the NFL will never ever punish blatantly incompetent owners.

Competitive!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Uh

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/837791586926854145

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/837792837110378496

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Laffo, what is this, the freaking NBA??

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Please god make this happen then Romo gets injured and retires before week 1

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I swear to god if WSH trades a 28 yr old good QB for the husk of Tony Romo I'm going to scream.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
DO IT WASHINGTON

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
lol I called Romo to Washington

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Kaepernick officially opted out of his contract.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

This makes not the slightest bit of sense.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Redskins get the slightest taste of success and run their QB out of town lol

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
how are multiple franchises consistently outwitted by jerry jones

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
why does Washington hate Kirk Cousins so goddamn much

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Spoeank posted:

They haven't really loved cousins in DC since FDR was president

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You can't win in the playoffs with Kirk Cousins, you need Tony Romo to do that!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

I think it's half he doesn't want to sign with them, wants to hook back up with Shanahan and he's let them know that. Plus the 49ers can give Cousins all of their money since Shanahan is running the show.

Which of course means Washington should raid the 49ers draft picks, but instead I guess they think they can win now? I don't loving know, the Skins are a mess.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Grittybeard posted:

the Skins are a mess.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles, Patriots, Lions, and Colts are the teams in play for LB Paul Worrilow. He always did great for my IDP fantasy league :shrug:

Eagles for sure have Mychal Kendricks on the trade block.

Eagles have placed a 2nd round tender on TE Trey Burton.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Yeah, he's so young which is why I was wondering. But if you have a wealth at the position, I can see moving him for at least a 2nd to try and do something with that defense.

If the Saints trade him away for a 2nd, they're goddamn idiots.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

fsif posted:

Tyrod Taylor is a franchise QB.

He's David Garrard

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Is that an ironic comparison

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

why would Washington deal for Romo, that makes no sense. Dallas would be the huge winners there if they get a bounty of picks. but anything that keeps the Redskins doomed to mediocrity is fine by me :v:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

why would Washington deal for Romo, that makes no sense. Dallas would be the huge winners there if they get a bounty of picks. but anything that keeps the Redskins doomed to mediocrity is fine by me :v:

the real solution to alienating your starting QB is taking a short expensive rental of a QB whose spine is 90% elmer's and papier mâché

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Bruce Irvin is taking his role of Raiders FA recruiter very seriously https://www.instagram.com/p/BRMzJCkjPV5/

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The only NFL team Josh Gordon will be playing for, if he does play, will be the Browns for however long it takes him to get credit for 2 more seasons. He is still on his rookie contract and he costs us nothing to keep around, when he is suspended he doesn't count against the cap or a roster spot. We can't let him go be a star in NE or Pitt.

Also, hoping Taylor gets cut so we can get him for $, which we have over $100 million of. Already have his QB coach which makes us the front runners IMO. Gotta keep all our picks to draft busts at other positions than QB.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I, too, hope Tyrod goes to the Browns, where he will poo poo on the Bills every time they play.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Grittybeard posted:

I think it's half he doesn't want to sign with them, wants to hook back up with Shanahan and he's let them know that. Plus the 49ers can give Cousins all of their money since Shanahan is running the show.

Which of course means Washington should raid the 49ers draft picks, but instead I guess they think they can win now? I don't loving know, the Skins are a mess.

Washington FO is a joke, Gruden is probably a lame duck and doesn't realize it, and Cousins is going to get paid this year and definitely the next. It only makes sense for Cousins to milk this clown shoes organization for everything he can get before moving on to FA next year. The only way that doesn't happen is if Washington makes him the highest paid player in the NFL and that isn't going to happen.

Meanwhile whatever the gently caress is going on with our GM during the most important part of the season is just poo poo icing on this garbage cake.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pauline saying Jets and Bears going "hard" after Glennon with the Bears being the most likely landing spot.

Also DeSean Jackson is believed to be heading to the Bucs with something in the $12m per range.

https://twitter.com/DraftAnalyst1/status/838118267403255809

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jackson is a stud but he's going to get murdered pulling down winstons passes.

It works for Evans because he's such a monster. Jackson can't take a hit under good circumstances.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Jackson is a stud but he's going to get murdered pulling down winstons passes.

It works for Evans because he's such a monster. Jackson can't take a hit under good circumstances.

While true, Adam Humphries didn't get killed this year so I'm remain optimistic. Getting Desean would make me so very happy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/838187078911463424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I dont believe that at all.

• Locked thread