Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh yeah, the 100 man fight. Guess I better get Go..uh..gohan + goku =...kakahan? gorot? wait nevermind i need to be numero uno to even do the fusion. Welp, good thing I just recruited Vegeta, and that I have Yamcha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

gohan + goku = Kuhan but i think they spelled it Coohan for some reason??? everyone loves Gocoo

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh except i have the WRONG loving VEGETA :suicide:

well i guess i'll just look up where Vegeta: Battle Suit is as opposed to Vegeta.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

spit on my clit posted:

oh except i have the WRONG loving VEGETA :suicide:

well i guess i'll just look up where Vegeta: Battle Suit is as opposed to Vegeta.

this is probably my only real issue with the game aside from a general dislike for the multiple layers of rng involved in recruiting. I get SS4 Vegeta should probably be different than Saiyan Saga Vegeta but if you expect me to believe Vegeta in his Super battle suit is so different compared to Vegeta in his DBZ battlesuit that it's impossible to fuse him the same way with others then that is horse poo poo.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Idealy in a DB Fusions 2 they'd let you fuse whatever variants to get the fusions, but their stats and appearance colors (hair, outfit) would change a little based on what ones you used.

Then you could get stuff like SSJ Blue Gogeta or half-super-saiyan Gotenks or whatever

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh yeah by the way I have a few loving Light Swords to give, who needs em? I'll take anything as long as Majin Hercule can use it (no i will not accept Hercule(TM) moves)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

spit on my clit posted:

Oh yeah by the way I have a few loving Light Swords to give, who needs em? I'll take anything as long as Majin Hercule can use it (no i will not accept Hercule(TM) moves)

I need Light Sword pretty bad, haven't had any luck farming one up from the move machine or ziku quest since the patch. What a pain in the rear end. I'm sure I've got something Majin Hercule can use, somewhere around here

FC is 1418-6772-8168, PM me your code or something when you're around and hopefully we can be on at the same time at some point to trade

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 22, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kelp Plankton posted:

I need Light Sword pretty bad, haven't had any luck farming one up from the move machine or ziku quest since the patch. What a pain in the rear end. I'm sure I've got something Majin Hercule can use, somewhere around here

FC is 1418-6772-8168, PM me your code or something when you're around and hopefully we can be on at the same time at some point to trade

1246-8882-8317, character's name is Edgelord. ill pretty much be on for the rest of the day

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

spit on my clit posted:

1246-8882-8317, character's name is Edgelord. ill pretty much be on for the rest of the day

Alright got you added and hopping on right now, character's name is Koranna.

edit: rad, thanks a ton, i think that finishes up all the fusion requirements for the CaC on my file

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 22, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Someone tell me how to make a decent QQ Bang for Ki/Blast. I tried, failed several times, lost a lot of money, and I want to make Baby since he's the one GT character we lack but all of his clothes are very unfitting to his possible moveset.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

From what I can tell theyre basically random. Higher level or quality items influence the output but its possible to put a bunch of Ki stuff in and get a strike based QQ bang. Good luck.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Someone tell me how to make a decent QQ Bang for Ki/Blast. I tried, failed several times, lost a lot of money, and I want to make Baby since he's the one GT character we lack but all of his clothes are very unfitting to his possible moveset.
I had the same problem.

Two sets of Beerus clothes and a Senzu bean sprout is what gave me mine. It's a bit random but it tends toward what the items stats were.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
I have a +15/-9 by mixing Miras gear with other random rank 4 items and a senzu bean.

+5 ki
+5 health
+5 ki blast
-1 stamina (need low stamina for the Kamiccolo soul)
-3 basic
-5 strike

Insanely good for a PVE kiblast build.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

jesus the expert missions in this game are really bad. lovely gimmicks like mind control and being forcefully sent to other areas to fight minions.

an extra hearty gently caress you to the mixed battle one for giving me Broly

e: I also really hate that you aren't even guaranteed the skill, too. one hour later I was able to beat 13, no dead end rain

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 1, 2017

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
So I just got Fusions and I was wondering whether or not to leave people fused when I wasn't using them. Do the unfused versions still gain levels while in a fused form? The whole skill system seems to discourage it too.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

So I just got Fusions and I was wondering whether or not to leave people fused when I wasn't using them. Do the unfused versions still gain levels while in a fused form? The whole skill system seems to discourage it too.

seems to me like the fused characters are separate characters from each other, meaning your normal characters get EXP from the reserved stuff at the end of a fight. I'm not too sure about it, though

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah you can leave people fused and they still gain reserve unit XP properly.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Thanks, but now I have another question - where the gently caress is Kranola? She's the only member of the Doola force I haven't got, and she isn't where any of the guides says she is.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

iirc, she doesn't actually appear until later (late in the game, all the enemy teams will go up in level across the board, and some of the team compositions change), then she appears where the guides say she should. There's a couple other characters who aren't initially where the guides say they are, I think whoever made it had already beaten the game so they didn't take that into account.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PenguinKnight posted:

jesus the expert missions in this game are really bad. lovely gimmicks like mind control and being forcefully sent to other areas to fight minions.

an extra hearty gently caress you to the mixed battle one for giving me Broly

e: I also really hate that you aren't even guaranteed the skill, too. one hour later I was able to beat 13, no dead end rain

I feel the same. I only lack two trophies now, one is the Expert Missions one because I'm entirely stuck on EM15. I've been told the next two are easier (and then the DLC2 ones are bullshit, but they aren't neccesary) but at this rate I don't think I'll ever manage to beat it. The farthest I've gotten is Janemba at low health, and then I timed out. Normally I die around Buu.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel the same. I only lack two trophies now, one is the Expert Missions one because I'm entirely stuck on EM15. I've been told the next two are easier (and then the DLC2 ones are bullshit, but they aren't neccesary) but at this rate I don't think I'll ever manage to beat it. The farthest I've gotten is Janemba at low health, and then I timed out. Normally I die around Buu.

Would this be the one which is just a slog through the super versions of various villains who can only be harmed by supers / ultimates? How in the blue hell do people beat that one without running out of time?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Chachi posted:

Would this be the one which is just a slog through the super versions of various villains who can only be harmed by supers / ultimates? How in the blue hell do people beat that one without running out of time?

It's that one, yes. A friend of mine cleared it, but catalogued doing so as a "miracle". He was entirely unable to do it again, which is a problem because he didn't get the drop.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

Which console and can you go online?

We got you bro

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Veg posted:

Which console and can you go online?

We got you bro

PS4, I can play online. I accept all the help I can get.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man Blaze, I'd love to help you out but I'm a filthy PC person on this game.

Not that it helps me any, since my computer barely runs the loving thing.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

PS4, I can play online. I accept all the help I can get.

Add nedflanders666

What level are you? Please make sure you have Krillins lesson taught Destructo-disc (the one bar super version)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

Man Blaze, I'd love to help you out but I'm a filthy PC person on this game.

Not that it helps me any, since my computer barely runs the loving thing.

I understand that. I played XV1 on my computer, wanted to do the same for XV2 but my computer can't run it at all.

In the end, I bought a PS4 and a friend gifted me XV2 there so we could play together. This is the same friend that got through EM15 by what he calls "a miracle". Which I can believe, because that mission's bullshit.

Veg posted:

Add nedflanders666

What level are you? Please make sure you have Krillins lesson taught Destructo-disc (the one bar super version)

I added you. I'm level 85, and I'm guessing the Destructo Disc is for this strategy or something similar, which I used and it's what got me the farthest in (until Janemba, and then I timed out).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Blaze Dragon posted:

I understand that. I played XV1 on my computer, wanted to do the same for XV2 but my computer can't run it at all.

In the end, I bought a PS4 and a friend gifted me XV2 there so we could play together. This is the same friend that got through EM15 by what he calls "a miracle". Which I can believe, because that mission's bullshit.

I added you. I'm level 85, and I'm guessing the Destructo Disc is for this strategy or something similar, which I used and it's what got me the farthest in (until Janemba, and then I timed out).

Step 1: Do everything in your power to boost you Ki Super damage.
Step 2: Equipment Death Beam.
Step 3: Use Death Beam.
Step 4: Go to step 3.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

For anyone interested, we helped him beat Extreme Malice and we finished with 0:00 on the clock.

The last 10 seconds were loving intense.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I seriously thought we'd run out of time. We got a movie finish there, at the last second, even beyond it. It's a seriously good thing it counted 0:00 in our favour, because we could've ended up losing so close to victory, instead of winning so close to defeat.

I don't get why EM15 when EM16 and 17 are really easy.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just got and infished the stoy of Fusions and now that i'm trying to recruit soe named characters i'm totally fed up with the loving game.

I've been trying to get Freiza for the better part of a day with no loving luck because of the RNG bullshit. For all the rifts i've created, he's shown up in just one and there's only been one spawn of that 'crown' fight he appears in. Both times, i've Zenkai'd his rear end and nothing.

I've got Golden Friezam but he can't fuse with anyone so again, basic design bullshit is a flaw here too because you need the specific versions of characters to merge with others.

It's all just so tedious and i'm now questioning why i'm even loving doing it outside of creating some kind of ultimate team.

There's a great DBZ game burried underneath here somewhere, just leave the fights as being difficult instead of introducing shite randomness to pad it out. Same thing goes for Xenoverse.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I thought I'd have to go through that but then I realized the Ziku Radar was a thing. Now I have everyone and just need to make all the combinations.

The way it works is it will always give you someone you can scout within the category of rift you open up (the five colours and a star rift for Canons), even if you can't strictly control who shows up.

SSB Goku was a bitch to get though. I looked up some info and apparently he has one of the lowest Scout-rates, so I followed some advice and used Whirus with a G-Rank Sphere of Destruction.

I agree about there needing to be more fusion options for canon characters, though. All of these Gokus and only three of them can fuse.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I thought I'd have to go through that but then I realized the Ziku Radar was a thing. Now I have everyone and just need to make all the combinations.

The way it works is it will always give you someone you can scout within the category of rift you open up (the five colours and a star rift for Canons), even if you can't strictly control who shows up.

SSB Goku was a bitch to get though. I looked up some info and apparently he has one of the lowest Scout-rates, so I followed some advice and used Whirus with a G-Rank Sphere of Destruction.

I agree about there needing to be more fusion options for canon characters, though. All of these Gokus and only three of them can fuse.

Wait, so I'm a bit confused.

What you're saying is the more I scout (including the folk I'm not trying to recruit) the smaller the pool is and the easier it is to get everyone?

I'm sure there have been loads of s/g rank rifts with no one for me to scout because they were all fusion characters or goku robots.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

No, I'm saying to go to the Streetpass section of your ship and choose the "Ziku-kun radar" option. It's an entirely separate area where the rules I just mentioned apply, and the rifts aren't letter-graded, just colour-coded.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah I used the ziku radar and got everybody awhile ago. It was pretty easy after awhile. Only pain in the rear end was Hit who took multiple tries with my method.

Get 3 strong characters: I used SSB Vegito, SSRose Goku Black, and Fused Zamasu.

2 supports: I used pan and Bra fused and Gine.

Get a G rank black Kamehameha or final Kamehameha for black and Vegito. You don't need these for every character but using them all but guarantees a scout. For most using an S rank arts moves instead is enough.

The supports just need to spam healing and support moves like healing shout, guard boost and attack shout. Get as many allies in the support attacks as possible. The more you hit the more ultra meter you get. The rest charge Ki to use for zenkai attacks. You should attack higher tier characters and weaken them to increase your chances of scouting them. Try to ring out then to further increase that chance. Using my method I got characters even if my zenkai got blocked because the characters are so strong.

If you're going for canon characters in the radar only active black stars. If you mix them with the other orbs there's a 80% chance you'll get no canon characters.

RBX fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 22, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I usually don't have much of an interest in Heroes stuff other than new forms but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCD5zxuyu68

Vegeta's family doing the Ginyu Force pose. Yamcha too! This is so insane, I love it.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

Idealy in a DB Fusions 2 they'd let you fuse whatever variants to get the fusions, but their stats and appearance colors (hair, outfit) would change a little based on what ones you used.

Then you could get stuff like SSJ Blue Gogeta or half-super-saiyan Gotenks or whatever

I hope in Fusions 2 they make it easier to loving recruit people

And that I don't have to manually reassign moves everytime I unfuse people

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

RBX posted:

Yeah I used the ziku radar and got everybody awhile ago. It was pretty easy after awhile. Only pain in the rear end was Hit who took multiple tries with my method.

Get 3 strong characters: I used SSB Vegito, SSRose Goku Black, and Fused Zamasu.

2 supports: I used pan and Bra fused and Gine.

Get a G rank black Kamehameha or final Kamehameha for black and Vegito. You don't need these for every character but using them all but guarantees a scout. For most using an S rank arts moves instead is enough.

The supports just need to spam healing and support moves like healing shout, guard boost and attack shout. Get as many allies in the support attacks as possible. The more you hit the more ultra meter you get. The rest charge Ki to use for zenkai attacks. You should attack higher tier characters and weaken them to increase your chances of scouting them. Try to ring out then to further increase that chance. Using my method I got characters even if my zenkai got blocked because the characters are so strong.

If you're going for canon characters in the radar only active black stars. If you mix them with the other orbs there's a 80% chance you'll get no canon characters.

This is working really well. The only irritations with this seem to be the general game mechanics of the AI getting loads of speed boosts and ki attack spamming my guys out of the ring while I charge up my energy.

Trying to get final kamehameha on SSJB vegito is a pain in the arse though. He does so much damage it's hard to knock someone out of the ring without killing them.

Is there a way to recharge the ziku outside of just waiting for an hour to pass?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nah not that I know of. I can trade you lots of G rank moves I forgot. I get Final Kamehameha's after almost every fight. Let me farm a good one for you tomorrow and we'll trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

RBX posted:

Nah not that I know of. I can trade you lots of G rank moves I forgot. I get Final Kamehameha's after almost every fight. Let me farm a good one for you tomorrow and we'll trade.

Awesome, thanks. Based on all the black kamehamehas I'm getting from this scouting process, I'm assuming that the moves you get at the end of the fight are tied to the character that KOd someone with a ring out and the level of the person that got defeated?

• Locked thread