Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

You know things are looking bad for team Trump when even McCoy feels obligated to make a 1/8th degree burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

MrUnderbridge posted:

Yes, they say you can't have something increase in complexity because that would violate entropy, which says everything can only become more disordered, under all circumstances, period. Checkmate, atheists.:science:

The second law of thermodynamics applies to isolated systems. The earth is not an isolated system! :argh:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

MrUnderbridge posted:

Yes, they say you can't have something increase in complexity because that would violate entropy, which says everything can only become more disordered, under all circumstances, period. Checkmate, atheists.:science:

Yeah, there's two things being missed in that:

The earth isn't a closed system but is instead being doused in energy.

You can have local increases in order as long as they're offset by greater increases in disorder (see also #1, where the sun is creating energy in the process of becoming "disordered")

Also as a side note, disorder is a really weird term that's kind of conflating random distribution with lower energy states. Even if an even statistical distribution would have it show up, you're not going to have high energy molecules like nitroglycerin floating around. Actually in general there's an implied end state that's really unclear.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Let's all just marinate in this Branco for a bit.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Nice Bannon caricature, Antonio! Why is he wearing a "Michael Moore" button, tho?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

mandatory lesbian posted:

entropy is something about how thermal energy becomes mechanical energy, i guess the mis-use is people saying this disproves evolution because they forgot the sun is a pretty big source of thermal energy?

Oh god I haven't heard that said seriously since high school. Thanks for the reminder. I apparently needed it.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Is there some intended meaning to him being seated like that recent photo with Kellyanne Conway?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

sleeptalker posted:

Is there some intended meaning to him being seated like that recent photo with Kellyanne Conway?

Two things happened.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

sleeptalker posted:

Kellyanne was making herself less-than-appropriately comfortable on her boss's couch.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Did Michael Moore do or say anything disrespectful to/about her in the media or something? Seems pretty random otherwise.

Edit: oh, this: "That's why she's there as sort of an f-you for the people who are criticizing [the mission Navy SEAL Ryan Owens was killed in]," Moore said. "And the poor woman, this widow who just lost her husband. She is in desperate grief right now... and in love with her husband. And to use that to put another notch on his belt and what is he thinking about? My ratings. Record applause. Record ratings. I'm going to get an Emmy for this, most applause for a dead soldier on my watch. This is the sickness of this man."

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

davebo posted:

Did Michael Moore do or say anything disrespectful to/about her in the media or something? Seems pretty random otherwise.

Edit: oh, this: "That's why she's there as sort of an f-you for the people who are criticizing [the mission Navy SEAL Ryan Owens was killed in]," Moore said. "And the poor woman, this widow who just lost her husband. She is in desperate grief right now... and in love with her husband. And to use that to put another notch on his belt and what is he thinking about? My ratings. Record applause. Record ratings. I'm going to get an Emmy for this, most applause for a dead soldier on my watch. This is the sickness of this man."

Hahahaha Branco you're a goose.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Soldiers and war widows are sacred to Americans. Their names are unfit for your profane lips #supportourtroops

Apparently

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Skippy Granola posted:

Soldiers and war widows are sacred to Americans. Their names are unfit for your profane lips #supportourtroops

Apparently

Unless they support the Democrats in which case they are fair game for any horrible thing you can think of to say.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Is it possible to award a Gay Abortion for best edit this early in the year? This poo poo is :perfect:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
If I thought it'd make a difference I'd email it to Ford.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Delonas used to alternate between being ghastly sexist and racist. Now he alternates between being sexist and launching sick burns on Republicans. So there's that

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Kinda makes me want a MAKE AMERICA SUCK AGAIN hat...

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the progress of the Brexit bill – The government is determined that the bill to trigger article 50 will not be altered, even if a standoff ensues with peers who backed an amendment to guarantee the rights of EU citizens" Also World Book Day

Telegraph:

Golf's rules revolution praised by Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods, as slow players are targeted by 'biggest changes in a generation'

Independent:

Jeff Sessions recuses himself from Russia inquiry amid calls for resignation

The i paper:

Times:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Kellyanne was making herself less-than-appropriately comfortable on her boss's couch.

Yeah, but did you see this picture of Obama putting his feet up on an ottoman?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Ben posted:

They love death
Garrison is onto us.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

CampingCarl posted:

Garrison is onto us.

Who doesn't, though?

He's the world's best grandad, and he loves cats. :3:

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010
This is so ridiculous it approaches parody. This is how Fox News covered Pence's email story:

May not be a cartoon but sometimes life just imitates art.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cpt.Americant posted:

This is so ridiculous it approaches parody. This is how Fox News covered Pence's email story:

War is peace, freedom is slavery, do as I say not as I do, etc etc...

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I love how hard Fox has been trying since the election to pretend they aren't mainstream media

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

santanotreal posted:

I love how hard Fox has been trying since the election to pretend they aren't mainstream media

that particular aspect of fox's bullshit goes way farther back than this election

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

santanotreal posted:

They've been saying that for way longer than the latest election cycle.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That's actually not a bad Bush I.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

santanotreal posted:

While simultaneously claiming to be the most popular news network in the country.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Cpt.Americant posted:

I deeply despise every single person on this trash heap of a show.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Who doesn't, though?

He's the world's best grandad, and he loves cats. :3:

Auditors hate him!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cpt.Americant posted:

Why did the dumb MSM even start getting obsessed over emails anyway??????

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I don't follow English news much, is 'Secy' a commonly used shorthand?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Heh dumb liberals right? Mornings are better with friends! FOX and Friends! We love you viewers. Just sit down and believe what we say. Think for yourself? Heh, that's for loving queers. Slurp your coffee, watch the pretty white blonde and nod your head with what we say.

We're your friends!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I mean, putting aside the blatant hypocrisy for a moment (so business as usual :downsrim:), it does make sense in a twisted way for them to want to downplay anything sketchy Pence might have done; in their current worst-case scenario, they'd love it if he came in on the off-chance Trump gets impeached/proves he's no Dick Cheney at keeping his bloated form immortal.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/837791002844782592

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I've seen it as sec'y when space is at a premium, but not without the apostrophe.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Zanzibar Ham posted:

"Sec." is more common, but I've seen "sec'y" before.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Ruzihm posted:

How do people misuse entropy? I want to say that I haven't heard it before but then I think maybe I just can't recognize it.

Well, evolution (thought I hadn't heard that one before).

Diets.

Discussions of potential sci fi technology.

Apparently...economics....my god.

Hell, even James Clerk Maxwell misused it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

And five trans cartoonists respond to the bathroom hysteria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

You pathetic loving nationalist, epitome of the human frailty and proof that the humans are the anti-thesis to creeds and ideals but will gladly drape themselves in their husks.

You loving fas....Quisling!

• Locked thread