Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Darksaber posted:

Early game mechanics question about horses: Will the horse come back to a stable if I just leave it in the wild, or do I have to find a properly marked stable? Similarly, is there one near Hateno?

Answer and anecdote: Horses stay where you left them. I didn't register a horse I was riding and then left it near Hateno while I went to play elsewhere. Two hours later and he was still, like, five steps away from where I left him. Then after registering him I left him near some mountains and its been maybe ten hours since I saw Tim and Tim will probably live alone for the rest of his life while I climb and glide.

There's a stable nearby-ish, but you gotta travel a bit to get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I cannot for the life of me find this last loving cuccoo

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Answer and anecdote: Horses stay where you left them. I didn't register a horse I was riding and then left it near Hateno while I went to play elsewhere. Two hours later and he was still, like, five steps away from where I left him. Then after registering him I left him near some mountains and its been maybe ten hours since I saw Tim and Tim will probably live alone for the rest of his life while I climb and glide.

There's a stable nearby-ish, but you gotta travel a bit to get to it.

Every time I set out on my horse I travel for one minute before some mountains catch my interest and before you know it I've glided beyond whistling distance and have to set out on foot again.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ignimbrite posted:

I cannot for the life of me find this last loving cuccoo

I've noticed that I can hunt the wildlife in and around Hyrule. Is hell going to descend if I try to hunt a cucco? :ohdear:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Weeping Wound posted:

I've noticed that I can hunt the wildlife in and around Hyrule. Is hell going to descend if I try to hunt a cucco? :ohdear:

Do Not Pursue Cucco

E: JESUS gently caress THE WEATHER WENT INTO A BLOOD MOON AND I NEARLY HAD A loving HEART ATTACK BECAUSE I WAS EXPLORING A FOREST

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 4, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Did I miss any little Old Man sidequests/easter eggs by completing the Plateau relatively quickly? Outside of seeing him at the start and at the shines I didn't see him just out and about.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did I miss any little Old Man sidequests/easter eggs by completing the Plateau relatively quickly? Outside of seeing him at the start and at the shines I didn't see him just out and about.

Did you find his hut?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He has a house on the plateau. He sleeps, cooks, and chops trees and talks about it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

snoremac posted:

Did you find his hut?

Yeah I read his journal. I didn't see him around though.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Downloading it now, wanna play it now.

I can accept that I can't find a Switch today. I find it amazing I can't get a physcial copy of Breath of the Wild for the WiiU.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What are the ingredients you need to do the Old Man's sidequest?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What are the ingredients you need to do the Old Man's sidequest?

Raw meat, spicy pepper, hyrulean bass

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Raw meat, spicy pepper, hyrulean bass

Thank you

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
It's hosed up how good this game is

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lemming posted:

It's hosed up how good this game is

hosed up if tru.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
So any good deals on WiiU pro controllers? Otherwise I'm buying one from Best Buy for $45.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Turning off the useless hud seemed to help a lot with fps

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So what do the other amiibo do? The 8-Bit Link gets you the Classic Link hat.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

s.i.r.e. posted:

So what do the other amiibo do? The 8-Bit Link gets you the Classic Link hat.

Each zelda amiibo gives you some random goodies (different ones, foods and crafting materials, but nothing too crazy) and a chest. The chest contains stuff based on the amiibo; links usually give swords, bow link gives a bow, zelda gives crafting materials, etc.

You can use them once per day I think. I may have to buy one. And apparently the rewards are kinda random, so check again tomorrow and you might get the classic link tunic? Or classic link shield?

The really unique one is wolf link, which lets you summon wolf link into breath of the wild as an animal companion to attack your enemies with you.

E: Non-zelda amiibo work too, but only give you the common goodies; no chest.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 4, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Anybody manage to get to korok at fort hateno? I see the acorns flying around when I'm there but I don't know what to do

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Despera posted:

Turning off the useless hud seemed to help a lot with fps

ty, ill be trying this.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

FYI for other wiiu peeps, changing video output on the system from 1080p to 720p cut my framerate drops significantly, and maybe it will for you too!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zaphod42 posted:

You can use them once per day I think. I may have to buy one. And apparently the rewards are kinda random, so check again tomorrow and you might get the classic link tunic? Or classic link shield?

Oh poo poo, awesome, I hope I get the full-on set for this one amiibo.

How the hell do you cook?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

Oh poo poo, awesome, I hope I get the full-on set for this one amiibo.

Find a cooking pot over a lit fire (or light the fire), go into the menu under materials, click hold (x?), choose ingredients, leave menu, drop them in the pot

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Korok seeds let you expand your inventory!!!!

Thank you blessed jesus

s.i.r.e. posted:

Its kinda intuitive. You need a pot over a fire, if you find a pot with no fire light a stick and bring it over, then swipe at the pot to put it on fire.

Then go into your inventory, find something, and press "hold". Then you can select other things as well, you don't have to select "hold" anymore since you're already selecting things to hold. Then leave your inventory, and now you have a "cook" prompt at the pot to cook whatever you're holding.

This way you can combine things into complex dishes.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 4, 2017

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
My original Link amiibo gave me a horse that looks like IS epona :3: According to the guy at the stable anyway.

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 4, 2017

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

spasticColon posted:

So any good deals on WiiU pro controllers? Otherwise I'm buying one from Best Buy for $45.

Walmart! $25

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.

Asimo posted:

gently caress Amazon. Preordered this poo poo months ago, the order tracker still says arriving today, and they haven't even shipped the loving thing yet. And of course they already took my money despite both not shipping and missing release day. :toot:
Same here. :suicide:

There IS an Amazon shipping center just a few miles from my house so I guess there's a chance I'll see the game tonight. But not holding my breath, I guess.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ignimbrite posted:

Do Not Pursue Cucco

E: JESUS gently caress THE WEATHER WENT INTO A BLOOD MOON AND I NEARLY HAD A loving HEART ATTACK BECAUSE I WAS EXPLORING A FOREST

Yeah, that was A Thing when it happened to me. Walking through the woods when suddenly the loving clouds turn red and start racing across the sky, and I'd REALLY like to not see that happen twice, thanks :suspense:.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
So I have to wait until loving monday because loving amazon didn't ship my loving switch until TWO PM TODAY despite saying right up until they shipped it it would arrive today, including when I loving called a loving customer support rep.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
*Memorize pattern or you are hosed*

*pulls out phone*

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So how does saving recipes and cooking from them work? I've just been tossing food in pans.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Protip for the Shrine at Hateno Village Finding it too hard to get the ball through the maze? Flip your pro controller completely upside down. :getin:

Guess it won't work if you're playing in tablet mode though!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Is it just me or does the framerate seem a lot more solid once you're off the plateau? I'm playing in docked mode, even.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Zaphod42 posted:

The really unique one is wolf link, which lets you summon wolf link into breath of the wild as an animal companion to attack your enemies with you.

There's one which summons Epona.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
A loving MOBLIN JUST PICKED UP A BOKOBLIN TO USE AS A WEAPON

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

Did you skip the cutscene or go to the bathroom? The old dude tells you to meet him on the roof after the cutscene where you get more health.

Yeah i was mashing the button. Silly there isn't a chatlog or whatever. I'm dumb.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Despera posted:

*Memorize pattern or you are hosed*

*pulls out phone*

*takes screenshot with built in Switch screenshot functionality*

that was pretty neat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Autonomous Monster posted:

There's one which summons Epona.

It's the original Link amiibo for Smash Bros.

Epona's stats are max'd out, with max bond, and a gentle temperament.

Supposedly it's a one-time summon as well, so get your arse to the Stables pronto to register him before you get him killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Super early main quest question. I'm probably being stupid:

I'm supposed to mark shrines using the shieka scope for the old man. I mark them but he just says the same thing over and over. How do I know if I've marked them correctly? What's supposed to happen?

Thanks.