Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
He won't say anything different, you need to move off to those places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

robot roll call posted:

Is it just me or does the framerate seem a lot more solid once you're off the plateau? I'm playing in docked mode, even.

No, this is my experience too.

Rosalind posted:

Super early main quest question. I'm probably being stupid:

I'm supposed to mark shrines using the shieka scope for the old man. I mark them but he just says the same thing over and over. How do I know if I've marked them correctly? What's supposed to happen?

Thanks.

Go to them now.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Rosalind posted:

I'm supposed to mark shrines using the shieka scope for the old man. I mark them but he just says the same thing over and over. How do I know if I've marked them correctly? What's supposed to happen?

Thanks.

There's no confirmation. He just tells you how to do it again. It's more for your own benefit than any reward.

As for me, I'm trying to find a fish to complete the old man's recipe. Where are they? :negative:

e: For anyone else looking, try the pond between your starting location and the ruins to the east.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 4, 2017

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Rosalind posted:

Thanks.

You mark them so you know where to go on the map. Head out to the shrines to go continue the quest.

Bogart posted:

There's no confirmation. He just tells you how to do it again. It's more for your own benefit than any reward.

As for me, I'm trying to find a fish to complete the old man's recipe. Where are they? :negative:

The big lake on the map has fish in it. I want to say it's in the northern part of the lake where the ruins are standing out of it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

Protip for the Shrine at Hateno Village Finding it too hard to get the ball through the maze? Flip your pro controller completely upside down. :getin:

Guess it won't work if you're playing in tablet mode though!

Pro-er tip; Rotate the maze 90 degrees anti-clockwise and the ball will drop right into the passage you need to launch it from to get it onto the ramp

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 4, 2017

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Did I miss it, or is there no starting sword? It's just whatever weapons you find?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So question. Once you've gotten the sensor upgrade how do you switch back to looking for shrines.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
is this shrine north of lanyru peak with the rotating cube with torches on it as much of a oval office as I think it is or am I missing something obvious

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Transistor Rhythm posted:

Did I miss it, or is there no starting sword? It's just whatever weapons you find?

Whatever you find, you use to kill something bigger and take their weapon.

Zore posted:

So question. Once you've gotten the sensor upgrade how do you switch back to looking for shrines.

Press Y on the Sheikah Slate map screen to switch between sensor modes.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

There's a cave nearby where an old man gives you one. He says "it's dangerous out there. Take this, kid".

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Yeah and they all break so dont get super attached

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Big metal weapons last longer than things made of wood you smack stuff with or delicate swords, too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm hoping the Master Sword is breakable as well

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
This game is fuckin insane, I just played for 7 straight hours which I doubt I've done since I was like, 13. And I've barely done anything 😳

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Got past the plateau, found traveller pants and warm sweater but not the traveller shirt. Did I miss it or is it later?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Where's the Old Man's house?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I bought the last Wii U copy from my local GameStop and I can't wait to pop it in and play after the kiddos go to bed. I was surprised to see a bunch of switch copies left and only one Wii U copy, although I suppose they may have just gotten more switch copies.

I secretly hope this sells really well on the Wii U, our dead gay console needs one last hurrah.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Holy poo poo, it's taken something ridiculous like 3 hours to fully download and install Zelda and it's not even halfway through the patch yet. Dammit Nintendo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I bought the last Wii U copy from my local GameStop and I can't wait to pop it in and play after the kiddos go to bed. I was surprised to see a bunch of switch copies left and only one Wii U copy, although I suppose they may have just gotten more switch copies.

I secretly hope this sells really well on the Wii U, our dead gay console needs one last hurrah.

I'm relatively optimistic that Nintendo just managed to get a decent batch size out the door for once, because I know in Australia that Super Bomberman R is just gone.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

A bright shiny hint for one of the shrines: DO NOT STEP ON THE FLOWERS. THAT LADY WILL gently caress YOU UP SOMETHING ELSE

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The crazy thing is that the shrines alone could have been a game in themselves.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just see my shiny still packaged guardian and archer Link amiibos and wonder if I really should open them
Also wow the Zelda amiibos give nice loot. SSB Link gave me tons of fruit and a traveller's shield, Toon Link tons of fish and a Boomerang, and Sheik I forget and another different shield

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It's been a grip since I've messed with my wii u so I'm wonderin, is it fine to have the update installed to an external hard drive while I play off a disc? That shouldn't gently caress anything up right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Weeping Wound posted:

A bright shiny hint for one of the shrines: DO NOT STEP ON THE FLOWERS. THAT LADY WILL gently caress YOU UP SOMETHING ELSE

Seriously, that woman is dynamite :stare:.

Seeing the aftermath, I couldn't help but think of it as Link being left on the ground, broken and beaten, just groaning "I will not tread on the flowers. I will not touch the flowers. I am very, very, sorry."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its good

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
OH MY GOD THIS GAME

So I decided to ignore the main quest a bit and strike out on my own exploring just to see what I happened into. Found some really cool poo poo, this lead to that, ended up going to a high level zone way off the beaten path. This place is so cold that the spicy food or warm clothes alone won't do it; you need to stack both.

I end up fighting a river spirit dragon boss (very much like Haku from spirited away) which has been corrupted. This requires me to shoot several corrupted spots along the dragon's back which have giant evil eyes on them, but the trick is each time you shoot one, the dragon moves. CONSIDERABLY MOVES. Like, ACROSS THE ENTIRE ZONE. So you're chasing after this dragon from mountaintop to mountaintop using the paraglider and using these air streams to shoot you to and fro, and each time you have to stop and snipe another spot and then move to the next. SOMEHOW, even though I'm freezing the whole time and I'm out of spicy food so now I'm just eating food constantly to survive the cold damage, and I'm running out of arrows, and yet somehow I manage to pull the thing off. I have 2 arrows left. Then I am told to shoot the purified dragon to return its spirit to the river. I fire. I have one arrow left. I did it. I completed this thing. Holy poo poo.

My reward is.... a shrine. Really? After all that hard work? A shrine? I mean, shrines are cool and all, I need them, but man, that's a lot of work for not a whole lot of payout. I felt kinda disappointed. But hey, let me go ahead and do this shrine, some puzzles will be a fun change of pace...

"By entering this place, you have already proven yourself worthy." Immediately I'm already at the shrine's ending. The only thing there is a treasure chest. No puzzles, because I already beat a loving dragon.

I love this game.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So, what's the best meal anyone's made so far? For me it's a steak that fully heals me and then overheals me for 14 yellow hearts. I'm treating this thing like a goddamn max-elixir I'm not eating this until I seriously seriously need it.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
Worst part of the game so far:Marble Madness shrine

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

So, what's the best meal anyone's made so far? For me it's a steak that fully heals me and then overheals me for 14 yellow hearts. I'm treating this thing like a goddamn max-elixir I'm not eating this until I seriously seriously need it.

I somehow crapped out a mushroom meal that heals 9 hearts in the starting zone

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Jellymouth posted:

Turn your controller upside down :ssh:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I can't actually type out what this game is making me feel right now. Holy poo poo. There are no words.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I'm hoping the Master Sword is breakable as well

No.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Jellymouth posted:

Nonsense. It's the bullshit timed horse steeple challenge - god drat is it unforgiving and the 6th gate just loving sends you off course if you aren't PERFECTLY aligned leading up to it. I've never had so much of a problem with horse controls as I have with this. I can thread OoT Epona through a needle - but not this Epona. But that's the only negative thing I have come across so far.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Lightning storms are loving terrifying in this game christ.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah I've always had a good experience with amazon preorders but they really screwed the pooch here. Hell I ordered it almost a year ago. Mine was supposedly coming Monday

Said gently caress it and bought into the hype. Only one GameStop near me had it (wii-u). Cancelled my Amazon order. Hope you guys are right that this game is all that and more

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah I've always had a good experience with amazon preorders but they really screwed the pooch here. Hell I ordered it almost a year ago. Mine was supposedly coming Monday

Said gently caress it and bought into the hype. Only one GameStop near me had it (wii-u). Cancelled my Amazon order. Hope you guys are right that this game is all that and more

Amazon screwed up my wii u order, so I am not playing it today.

Nintendo had a switch and zelda in stock, so i'll be playing it on that tomorrow.

I was hoping to get a switch eventually for splatoon 2, the amazon gently caress up just made me realize I might as well get it now

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Amazon says mine's due by 8PM today.

It's 10 and it hasn't shipped yet. I'd just cancel the order and grab it off the eShop, but they've already charged me despite this. Whatever's going on with their fulfillment process for this game has hosed up badly. :toot:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Jellymouth posted:

The platform is so unresponsive

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Guys, you can break the marble madness shrine just by turning your joycon 90 degrees anti-clockwise. The ball will fall right into the corridor you need it in to lob it over to the ramp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Terper posted:

You can also just complete the recipe he's written down in his diary and tell him about it and he'll give it to you.

Or you can do neither of these things, then after getting the paraglider you can go to the shack southeast of Temple of Time and find the jacket there.

What is the "best" way to proceed after you get to the point where the main quest splits in four? I went to Zora's Domain, but felt a bit under-geared for the trip up there