Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
I take it that this whole page being talk about PAST seasons of 24 that the current one is not that good. I'm not sure why they even brought back the show without Jack. The gimmick is interesting, but it was all brought together by jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr. Nemo posted:

I take it that this whole page being talk about PAST seasons of 24 that the current one is not that good. I'm not sure why they even brought back the show without Jack. The gimmick is interesting, but it was all brought together by jack.
I would sooner recommend that someone watch the worst season of 24 than 24: Legacy without hesitation.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
No. Don't watch season 6.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Echo Chamber posted:

No. Don't watch season 6.
Isn't season 6 the one where the main villain is Dad Bauer played by the farmer from Babe and Chloe's ex husband is forced to arm a nuke after a terrorist drills through his shoulder blade with a power drill and the President gets bombed and ends up in a coma?

That is absolutely more interesting than whatever the gently caress's going on in this spinoff.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Isn't season 6 the one where the main villain is Dad Bauer played by the farmer from Babe and Chloe's ex husband is forced to arm a nuke after a terrorist drills through his shoulder blade with a power drill and the President gets bombed and ends up in a coma?

That is absolutely more interesting than whatever the gently caress's going on in this spinoff.

Yeah. I think robocop is in it too.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Robocop was Season 5.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
I'm enjoying this show v:shobon:v

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

If you live in Los Angeles, Kiefer Sutherland's playing the Roxy in May.

http://www.theroxy.com/event/1421618-kiefer-sutherland-west-hollywood/

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Carter should have been the one to kill his buddy, not the bad guy that they were going to kill off 5 minutes later.

It could have been the Jack/Ryan moment from S3 all over again but instead Carter doesn't cross the line.

The whole thing that made Jack such a great character was his total willingness to cross the line in ways that were completely unacceptable but because he actually regretted his decisions and felt bad about it, we were able to sympathize with him. The worst part was that his plan was "Get this guy in a backroom and hold him at gunpoint while we wait for backup." What a lovely plan.

Also this gang storyline needed to end last episode. Wife saves brother, leaves because it isn't safe, gets nabbed by terrorists when she goes to friend's house. Carter blackmailed in next episode.

I could write better 24 fan fiction than this, this is just...soft.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Season 6 was at least a memorable clusterfuck.

This is much closer to the first half of season 8, where the show's characters have no narrative or dramatic weight whatsoever. And everyone is killing time until some event randomly shits out an actual plot point to be swiftly and unceremoniously dealt with.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

PaybackJack posted:

Carter should have been the one to kill his buddy, not the bad guy that they were going to kill off 5 minutes later.

It could have been the Jack/Ryan moment from S3 all over again but instead Carter doesn't cross the line.

The whole thing that made Jack such a great character was his total willingness to cross the line in ways that were completely unacceptable but because he actually regretted his decisions and felt bad about it, we were able to sympathize with him. The worst part was that his plan was "Get this guy in a backroom and hold him at gunpoint while we wait for backup." What a lovely plan.

Also this gang storyline needed to end last episode. Wife saves brother, leaves because it isn't safe, gets nabbed by terrorists when she goes to friend's house. Carter blackmailed in next episode.

I could write better 24 fan fiction than this, this is just...soft.
Woahhhh, disagree. If Carter just shot him based on this stupid shaky intel that "maybe" we'd get the next lead in the case, it would have been cheap and put a bad taste in my mouth. I still think Jack shooting Chappelle was a mistake, too.

Agree about the other stuff in your post, though, lol this season sucks.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Everything involving the Chinese in Season 6 was bad. Like pretty much only the first four episodes of season 6 are decent.

Also again, what is the loving point of the high school teacher and his student lover in Legacy? Is this going anywhere besides showing how awful they are at killing?

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I'm glad the main character isn't just a copy of Jack.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So I'm still rewatching the old seasons and drat I didn't remember season 3 and the hotel bioterrorist attack being that loving bleak.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I remember seeing that for the first time, that was quite the downer.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Everything involving the Chinese in Season 6 was bad. Like pretty much only the first four episodes of season 6 are decent.
Those were also the four that they wrote in advance with enough lead time to set things up in early hours that they knew would pay off later. After Jack shot Curtis and the bomb went off, though, it was back to the normal "we don't have a loving clue what's going to happen next week, all we've got time to care about is having a SHOCKING CLIFFHANGER for this episode" routine.

By the end of Day 6, you would barely have known that an entire US city got nuked less than 24 hours earlier. Terrorists blowing stuff up left and right? Muslim internment camps? Whassat now?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Creamed Cormp posted:

So I'm still rewatching the old seasons and drat I didn't remember season 3 and the hotel bioterrorist attack being that loving bleak.

On the contrary for me; it wasn't that bad but I'm very mentally hosed. Should of just capped those old fucks

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Creamed Cormp posted:

Season 3 is probably my overall favorite season, even if the first act sting operation twist before Jack goes to Mexico makes absolutely zero sense. The Mexico operation is cool because IIRC it's the only plot arc in the entire series where CTU is on the offensive rather than trying to stop an attack, and the last ten hours or so is incredible. Beyond the hotel stuff, the plot with Palmer being blackmailed by Black Canary's dad is awesome and the episode where Jack is forced to shoot Chapelle is the best episode the series ever did. Plus we get to see Nina get ventilated, which was satisfying as hell.

EDIT: Actually the whole plot with the donor and Wayne's mistress and Sherry sucks pretty hard too, but it's not any worse than the amnesia or the mountain lion or that part in Season 6 where they recycle the "woman finds out she's sleeping with a bad guy, so she volunteers to have good guys put a wire on her but changes her mind and tries to kill the bad guy and blows the operation" plotline almost shot-for-shot from Season 1.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 6, 2017

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ninjahedgehog posted:

...the plot with Palmer being blackmailed by Black Canary's dad...
Haha, I can't believe I forgot that Paul Blackthorne was a villain in 24. I thought I only first saw him in Arrow (maybe it's because he's doing an American accent there). I'll have to rewatch a few clips now.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ninjahedgehog posted:

Season 3 is probably my overall favorite season, even if the first act sting operation twist before Jack goes to Mexico makes absolutely zero sense. The Mexico operation is cool because IIRC it's the only plot arc in the entire series where CTU is on the offensive rather than trying to stop an attack, and the last ten hours or so is incredible. Beyond the hotel stuff, the plot with Palmer being blackmailed by Black Canary's dad is awesome and the episode where Jack is forced to shoot Chapelle is the best episode the series ever did. Plus we get to see Nina get ventilated, which was satisfying as hell.

EDIT: Actually the whole plot with the donor and Wayne's mistress and Sherry sucks pretty hard too, but it's not any worse than the amnesia or the mountain lion or that part in Season 6 where they recycle the "woman finds out she's sleeping with a bad guy, so she volunteers to have good guys put a wire on her but changes her mind and tries to kill the bad guy and blows the operation" plotline almost shot-for-shot from Season 1.

Main issue I found with the donor B plot was how absolutely unnecessary it was to the main plot. In S2, Kim's awful day kind of mattered because Kim being in trouble put extra pressure on Jack and it depicted people going loving nuts from a nuke blowing up near LA, while that whole thing with Donor dude dying from a heart attack (am I allowed to say "cucked to death"? most likely not) was entirely disconnected from the main character and the actual terrorist plot going on. But then again B plots and padding are to be expected in such a show.

We should do a 24 simulwatch for the 10 years anniversary of the worst season.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

A perimeter :woop:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is the most boring episode yet.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

when are we going to get to the torture factory!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I suspect Pedo Walter White isn't going to be around much longer

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Walter White here is going to gently caress things up somehow.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I feel gay field CTU dude could be a good character if they give him more to do.

Also I find it hilarious that the Kong commercials they show throughout the show focus on Corey's character.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Events happen in real time! There's no way they could have cleared out that fast.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

nooneofconsequence posted:

Events happen in real time! There's no way they could have cleared out that fast.

Betcha they have a tunnel

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's dumb how they write themselves into these stupid corners. Hassan's fakeout is the best they've done with poo poo happening "in real time"

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Betcha they have a tunnel

Straight into the White House

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why aren't these guys using Waze?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

no way they loaded all those barrels in real time.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Any chance these guys aren't CTU?

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

"You don't have to say anything. I just like hearing your voice"

...then she does have to say something, Eric.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Any chance these guys aren't CTU?

Most obviously. There's no way they're done with this side of the story.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: what the gently caress is this poo poo

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

These terrorists are pretty successful except for the sleeper cells of high school teenage girls.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

These terrorists are pretty successful except for the sleeper cells of high school teenage girls.

Terrorist is worried about activating cells when he already had dozens of terrorists in play doing whatever the gently caress.

And how the gently caress did the terrorists know about Isaac and Nicole.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

"We have her, and the brother as well, who we recognize on sight"

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Terrorist is worried about activating cells when he already had dozens of terrorists in play doing whatever the gently caress.

And how the gently caress did the terrorists know about Isaac and Nicole.

do you think... CTU has a mole? :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

it took this dude like 10 seconds to escape. Why did he wait so long to try?

what kind of terrorist doesn't lock his phone?

• Locked thread