Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

If only he could dedicate that energy and creativity to actually making a good game this century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Whatever happened with that Kickstartered Ultima game anyway?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
In LoZ: BotW, in one of the entrances to the first proper town you come to there are sheikah eyes as ornaments at the peak of some arches. One of them has an arrow sticking out of it ala the eye switches out of previous LoZ games. You can also pick up the arrow.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Wasn't there some weird tie-in with Star Citizen somehow? Like I remember a thing years back where if you kickstartered both games, you would get a crossbow in SC for some reason.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Styx: Master of Shadows lets you poison guards by throwing up in food or drinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRJvLqFL-8M

It's a pretty good strat.

(lower the volume on the video, there's this persistent background noise in the level that's very annoying.)

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Drunken Baker posted:

Lord British, the dude who made the Ultima games legit lives in a Resident Evil mansion.

Also he's gone to space.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Has Resident Evil gone to space? I mean Dead Space isn't doing anything with the premise anymore.

Serf
May 5, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

Has Resident Evil gone to space? I mean Dead Space isn't doing anything with the premise anymore.

Dino Crisis 3.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

if it ever tries, Leon will cause the shuttle to explode

you can control an orbital laser satellite in 5 though I think

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.
Running around shirtless in Breath of the Wild.

NPC's have reactions to it.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I think we're going to see a shitload of posts about the new Breath of the Wild. I watched the Giantbomb Quicklook on it and it's obviously got many, many, many hours of gameplay and thousands of secret little touches.

I've got $500 in cash burning a hole in my pocket and I'm very tempted to go buy a Switch basically just for that game but I'm trying to be wise. I mean, I could always sell the Switch on Ebay afterwards if I don't use it...

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Haha good luck finding one.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Literally every open world game takes over this thread for at least a week or two after launch regardless of actual quality. Like, the very first page of this thread is full of people gushing about noted badgame Watch_Dogs.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

if it ever tries, Leon will cause the shuttle to explode

you can control an orbital laser satellite in 5 though I think

Yeah, it hasn't gone into space yet but there have been plenty of space weaponry. In Dead Aim there is yet another laser satellite that is used to kill the final boss.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

The new Torment game happily coincided with me being nearly done with a huge project that has taken over the past year of my life and I actually have the time and mental capacity to play that kind of game and boy, am I loving it.

It's a very narrative driven game and I love how many instances of elaboration there are. Like, I met a dude that researches reproduction in various species, and I love how you can ask him for more and more examples, 5 or so total, culminating in him being pranked by his human coworkers on the human reproductive process. He's just a minor npc you need once for a quest, but the level of detail they go into is astounding. I'm going to give this game a second play through for sure to see not only how different choices affect the game but also to find things I skipped over or missed the first time around.

Also, it's given me the drive to finally play the first Torment beyond the dungeon.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Breath of the Wild's title card is fantastic.

Also this guy has the best superpower

On that note, the Switch's screenshot function is really tight. The button is easy to press and the notification pops up immediately, both problems I have with the PS4's share button.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

Literally every open world game takes over this thread for at least a week or two after launch regardless of actual quality. Like, the very first page of this thread is full of people gushing about noted badgame Watch_Dogs.

bad games can have good little things in them

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I haven't got Breath of the Wild yet, but I already have a favorite little thing about it, and that's one of the outfits. I don't know how far in it is, so I'm just gonna spoiler-tag it for safety.

Right now I'm playing Paper Mario Color Splash, though, and its sense of humor is just fantastic. I just got to the haunted hotel level, and I honestly shouldn't find stuff like 'The Internet (Print Edition)' funny at all, but god damnit it is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cleretic posted:

I haven't got Breath of the Wild yet, but I already have a favorite little thing about it, and that's one of the outfits. I don't know how far in it is, so I'm just gonna spoiler-tag it for safety.

Right now I'm playing Paper Mario Color Splash, though, and its sense of humor is just fantastic. I just got to the haunted hotel level, and I honestly shouldn't find stuff like 'The Internet (Print Edition)' funny at all, but god damnit it is.

The non-combat-focused levels of Colour Splash are the best ones, and really should've been the game's focus.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tumble posted:

I think we're going to see a shitload of posts about the new Breath of the Wild. I watched the Giantbomb Quicklook on it and it's obviously got many, many, many hours of gameplay and thousands of secret little touches.

I've got $500 in cash burning a hole in my pocket and I'm very tempted to go buy a Switch basically just for that game but I'm trying to be wise. I mean, I could always sell the Switch on Ebay afterwards if I don't use it...

Do you have a wii u? Cause its on that system too.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cleretic posted:

The "What if Zelda was a girl?" meme becomes closer and closer to reality every game.

EDIT: Perennial mention in this thread Alpha Protocol is on sale on Steam for $3.74 USD. I just sold a few AK-47s and M4s in CS:GO and grabbed it.

AMISH FRIED PIES has a new favorite as of 02:20 on Mar 4, 2017

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

bad games can have good little things in them

See also Lords of the Fallen, which I think this thread dubbed the "best bad game". There's so much in that game that's brilliant (namely the animations and the impacts of heavy armour) but it's a shame that it's just godawful

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cindy Shitbird posted:

The "What if Zelda was a girl?" meme becomes closer and closer to reality every game.

uhhh she is

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

You can use the Skelton enemy's arms as weapons in Zelda when you kill them. It acts like a sword but with a bony arm.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fly Molo posted:

uhhh she is

The joke is that people who aren't familiar with the series often assume the titular character in The Legend of Zelda is the protagonist and are surprised when "Zelda" is a dude.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Fly Molo posted:

uhhh she is

dude, spoilers!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You can lay down in every bed in Pokemon Moon and goddamn it if I didn't.
Bed hunting was fun.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Fly Molo posted:

uhhh she is

:thejoke:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:rimshot:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Uh my wife surprised me with Wii U Breath of the Wild out of nowhere and an hour or two in it's the most fun I've ever had with an action/adventure game, hands down. What the gently caress. I don't even like the 3D Zelda games, but this is just something else entirely. Everything is a "little thing". If you see something and you're thinking "it would be really cool if you could interact with that this way", chances are pretty good that you can.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

food court bailiff posted:

Uh my wife surprised me with Wii U Breath of the Wild out of nowhere and an hour or two in it's the most fun I've ever had with an action/adventure game, hands down. What the gently caress. I don't even like the 3D Zelda games, but this is just something else entirely. Everything is a "little thing". If you see something and you're thinking "it would be really cool if you could interact with that this way", chances are pretty good that you can.

BotW looks like Zelda going back to its most ancient roots. That marketing line "You can totally find and kill the final boss in like ten minutes if you know where he is" has me jonesing for a Switch like nothing else I've heard. gently caress, a true old-school 'clear the board' game.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Cindy Shitbird posted:

EDIT: Perennial mention in this thread Alpha Protocol is on sale on Steam for $3.74 USD. I just sold a few AK-47s and M4s in CS:GO and grabbed it.

Good buy. AP has a lot of fun little things in it.

However, if you want to make the game super easy, Specialize in pistols only, learn chain shot, and proceed to destroy every encounter and Boss with laughable ease. Also, playing recruit is not as daunting as it looks, as you can earn AP real easily in the early missions.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

J.A.B.C. posted:

Good buy. AP has a lot of fun little things in it.

However, if you want to make the game super easy, Specialize in pistols only, learn chain shot, and proceed to destroy every encounter and Boss with laughable ease. Also, playing recruit is not as daunting as it looks, as you can earn AP real easily in the early missions.

Also get the skill that lets you use an emp grenade to bypass the hacking minigame. Stealth tree is really strong also, as is the skill that refreshes all your other cool downs.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Ignimbrite posted:

In LoZ: BotW, in one of the entrances to the first proper town you come to there are sheikah eyes as ornaments at the peak of some arches. One of them has an arrow sticking out of it ala the eye switches out of previous LoZ games. You can also pick up the arrow.

You should shoot it with an arrow.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So it's a very small and pointless thing but I started playing the new Berserk game and I absolutely love that when you hit a dude real hard with your big sword their helmets will just go flying off. Also when you hit armored enemies it makes a very fun CLUNK.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://twitter.com/boanus/status/837831942829715460

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I just discovered that you can blow people out of haystacks with help of explosive barrels in AssCreed: Rogue.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Nuebot posted:

So it's a very small and pointless thing but I started playing the new Berserk game and I absolutely love that when you hit a dude real hard with your big sword their helmets will just go flying off. Also when you hit armored enemies it makes a very fun CLUNK.

Press the face buttons on the 'Now Loading' screen, and Puck will attack the words. He even has a death blow, and the words move more with every hit. Its a cute, pointless way to pass the time on the loading screens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
In Zelda: Breath of the Wild, there are minor dungeons scattered all over. They're also fast-travel points, which is important because this game is BIG. loving huge. Travel anywhere, even on horseback, is a long-rear end thing, but not boring at all. Fights, incidental encounters with other travelers, and fun things to do and see on the way are all really great.

Anyway. Activate a dungeon, and its entrance's base turns from red to blue, and the top of the entrance turns red. Complete the dungeon, and the whole thing turns blue. That's not the little thing, though. If you don't have the tools, wherewithal, or pulchritude to complete a dungeon, leave and come back. Its minimap point and fast-travel zone will still be there, only it'll be red. To say "you didn't finish this one."