Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Two Bulls does comedy :holymoley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Dry Bones is one of the most awful/evil cartoonists in the thread but his comics are so loving garbage looking my eyes just glaze over them.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

The reference to "adamasexual," which I wasn't able to find by Googling, made me briefly wonder if Adam was even vaguely aware of Gnostic concepts like the Geradamas (an asexual, "perfect" human, an emanation of the true Gnostic Creator).

The thought only lasted long enough for me to poo poo this out.

I love this thread. :golfclap:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I'm genuinely shocked that Rall didn't make a snide reference to hiring cartoonists.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Johnny Walker posted:

That's actually not a bad Bush I.

Because I am a good person and skip through all Dry Bones megapostings, I didn't notice this one. I think this is the first time he told a joke.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm pretty sure that's Cotton from King of the Hill.

quote:

Real cool of Branco to include WAR WIDOW in the label, why care otherwise?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

BrancoMoore's sporting a head of hair to put GarrisonTrump to shame. :stare:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Xander77 posted:

Man, if only I knew any of that before making the extraordinary claim in my previous post. Egg on my face for sure.

Meanwhile, "democracy in Russia" (coming soon already adopted in the US)

"The people in power lie and steal!"

"Good! Let them! Lie and steal ftw!"
:negative:

loving humans.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Squashy Nipples posted:

Entropy is like Quantum Mechanics: badly misused by people who don't actually understand it. And since MOST people don't understand them, they have no way of telling real from bullshit.

How can you not understand entropy? It's a pretty simple concept.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

ACRE & EQUAT fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 4, 2017

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

:niggly:

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Jurgan posted:

How can you not understand entropy? It's a pretty simple concept.

...it's not. Like I said, even Maxwell didn't fully understand it. Even the basics are firmly rooted in second-year university math and physics.

Yeah yeah, Quantum Mechanics, cat dead, or alive, who knows. Where's my diploma and book deal already?

FaradayCage fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 4, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The best part of second year physics is the end of the semester when your professor is all "so you know those Newtonian theories we've been teaching you for nearly a year. Yeah, we need to talk."

Physics is wild

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

The best part of second year physics is the end of the semester when your professor is all "so you know those Newtonian theories we've been teaching you for nearly a year. Yeah, we need to talk."

Physics is wild

Okay mechanics wasn't quite right - we need to modify it for special relativity.

Okay mechanics is also kind of clunky - we need to do it completely different.

Okay - quantum mechanics.

Okay quantum mechanics wasn't quite right - we need to modify it for special relativity.

Now make the particles spin.

Now introduce flavor.

Symmetries.

Do you know group theory? Don't worry, there's a convoluted way to do it with boxes in a grid.

Congratulations! It's been six years and you barely can calculate what happens when two electrons collide at high velocity.

Now for protons. You may want to clear your calendar for the next couple years.

:suicide:

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

I've just now noticed that it's the newspaper creating the speech bubbles in this cartoon - which is weird. It's not a common happenstance, at least in modern cartoons, yes?

edit: or maybe the intention is that a person who is holding the paper is the one speaking, but that is perhaps giving too much credit to Dry Bones

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The West should be about as concerned with Radical Islam as we are about the effects of Fukushima radiation and Monsanto's plot to kill all their customers. AGC

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Oh please let the Baker family just eat him.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The sommest-gizmoest comic.

They're not loving glasses you goddamn drunk hack.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Radical Islam's dreamy burqa'd horse is adorable. Not adorable enough to make up for that abomination of a firearm Radical Islam carries though, who knows what non-Euclidean poo poo that thing tosses!?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Somfin posted:

The sommest-gizmoest comic.

They're not loving glasses you goddamn drunk hack.

gizmo!

science!

academics!

fake news!

Literally: How does he keep up with the news like that?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

chairface posted:

Radical Islam's dreamy burqa'd horse is adorable. Not adorable enough to make up for that abomination of a firearm Radical Islam carries though, who knows what non-Euclidean poo poo that thing tosses!?

It vaguely resembles a Soviet PPSh-43:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPS_submachine_gun

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

FaradayCage posted:

...it's not. Like I said, even Maxwell didn't fully understand it. Even the basics are firmly rooted in second-year university math and physics.

Yeah yeah, Quantum Mechanics, cat dead, or alive, who knows. Where's my diploma and book deal already?

Entropy's a very simple concept, you can fairly easily grasp what it does. How it works is a more complex subject. Like understanding how a car engine works versus building a car.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Squashy Nipples posted:

I'm looking for a nearly 30 year old political cartoon (1989), and I figured someone in here might be able to help.

It's about the USSR pulling out of Afghanistan. The Soviet dude has his arm shoulder-deep into something, like a person or an an animal or something, and the caption is "ok, now pull out."
My google-fu has failed me.

The closest I found:

Also, on an unrelated note:

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

"...and with proper training I have proven (p<.05) that a duck can not only wear a blazer but can successfully recognize fake news while wearing a blindfold which it believes to be some kind of virtual reality device."

Great dissertation idea?

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The closest I found:
On that note, always relevant:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The closest I found:

I'm glad that Dick plans to pull out.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

Entropy's a very simple concept, you can fairly easily grasp what it does.

What does entropy do?

Do you have a better way to teach it generally outside of differential calculus?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

FaradayCage posted:

What does entropy do?

Do you have a better way to teach it generally outside of differential calculus?

I like DMM's simile of a messy kitchen, here.

I mean, it's not teaching as in reading that won't be enough for you to get a diploma, but as far as explaining the simple concept of what it does, I think it's good.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Electric Phantasm posted:

Real cool of Branco to include WAR WIDOW in the label, why care otherwise?

Actually the US is not at war with Yemen. A Bad Comic.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Rebel Blob posted:

On that note, always relevant:

So that's where that part of the Israeli soldier edit came from.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jay Rust posted:

Two Bulls does comedy :holymoley:

I love how Two Bulls is 100% badass when it comes to political cartoons but then turns into the Dullest Man Alive for the gag strips

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Jedit posted:

Talk to ISIS or the Taliban, I understand they always have vacancies for IUD makers.

I dunno, working for religious companies would probably weird me out. Besides, according to this online test...

Hey, I recognize that art! Thanks, thread!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

After The War posted:

I dunno, working for religious companies would probably weird me out. Besides, according to this online test...

Hey, I recognize that art! Thanks, thread!

i somehow ended up as the lone dot in the right-democratic quadrant of this test, so i imagine i am dead before october even rolls around

but, thanks for the link

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 4, 2017

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

FaradayCage posted:

What does entropy do?

There are more ways to be disordered than to be ordered. So, the amount of disorder in the universe tends to increase as a function of time. You can do work on something to reduce local disorder (ie the energy of the sun allowing life to happen), but the total disorder of the universe will still increase regardless.

RonJeremysBalzac fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 4, 2017

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May and Nicola Sturgeon – Theresa May has signalled a tougher line on Scottish demands for greater devolution after Brexit, laying down a clear challenge to Nicola Sturgeon"

Telegraph:

Cambridge scientists create first self-developing embryo from stem cells

Independent:

After Meissonier.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

:scotland: The National:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Is "distasteful, disrespectful & wrong" a reference to something else happening in UK politics, or does the artist just really disapprove of building mice from scratch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

ToxicFrog posted:

Is "distasteful, disrespectful & wrong" a reference to something else happening in UK politics, or does the artist just really disapprove of building mice from scratch?

It's also referring to the looming possibility of a second Scottish independence referendum.
It's a "two things happened" cartoon where Bob doesn't like either of them.

• Locked thread