Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

CampingCarl posted:

I hope this clears up any confusion from previous cartoons about how Dees feels about Trump now.

Trump is a reptilian. A completely accurate cartoon. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

RasperFat posted:

I like how his cabinet filled with neo nazis and nazi apologists is labeled with a Star of David. Stay true to your crazy, Dees.

When all you are is a Nazi everything starts to look like a jew

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

The giant Star of David lurking behind the Capitol is a nice touch. Just in case you didn't pick up the message from the rest of them.

No chemtrails though.
A Star of David made of chemtrails would be peak Dees and I am surprised it hasn't happened, at least to my knowledge.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

David Rowe:

A collection of reasons why Turnbull is having a bad week.

Bill Leak:

SECTION 18C :argh:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I can't tell if Dees is being metaphorical or he literally thinks Trump is a snake person.

Fifty-fifty odds.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
BILL LEAK (putting finishing touches on yet another drawing of dirty, barefoot indigenous man with sunken, obscured eyes, beetled brows, and gigantic, rubbery red lips): The people who say I'm racist must be feeling pret-ty stupid right now

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CampingCarl posted:

I hope this clears up any confusion from previous cartoons about how Dees feels about Trump now.

Would never qualify for Masonry.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

I can't tell if Dees is being metaphorical or he literally thinks Trump is a snake person.

Fifty-fifty odds.

I think it's just part of the "swamp" theme. Sneeple being a "real" conspiracy would be too good to be true.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CampingCarl posted:

Friendship ended with TRUMP

Now JEB is my best friend

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tenebrais posted:

Fifty-fifty odds.

Dees does not deal in subtlety. He 1000% believes Trump is a snerson.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Shadowed Bacon posted:

I think it's just part of the "swamp" theme. Sneeple being a "real" conspiracy would be too good to be true.

You're not that familiar with Dees, are you?

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.
The chemtrails thing seems especially crazy when there are so many more real things you could attach conspiracies to.

What about the toxic grayish purplish sludge that pours out of factories and then rivers sometimes catch on fire? Cause that shot is crazy and real and seems like people could take a conspiracy angle really easily. But nope it's chemtrails that don't do anything!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I thought that Dees thought that Icke was crazy for believing in Lizardpeople (Leople)

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

RasperFat posted:

The chemtrails thing seems especially crazy when there are so many more real things you could attach conspiracies to.

What about the toxic grayish purplish sludge that pours out of factories and then rivers sometimes catch on fire? Cause that shot is crazy and real and seems like people could take a conspiracy angle really easily. But nope it's chemtrails that don't do anything!

It's because the sludge pouring out of factories is a real thing that they can see, with a clear responsible party they can fight against.

Chemtrails lets them imagine whatever enemy they want, and since that enemy is imaginary good at concealing themselves, they don't actually have to do anything about it.

Petitioning a local factory to stop pouring mercury into the town's water supply is hard and requires giving up weekends to protest...It may even make people think you're a liberal! (:barf:) Taking colloidal silver and shaking your fist at jet engine vapor trails, though...That can be done from the comfy armchair in your living room, and you'll never really stop it, so you'll always have a threat to satisfy your need to make a difference.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Cool story, bro

Well, at least Ted doesn't claim that it turned into a shower orgy.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

I loving love it when Ted Rall tells stories that he thinks make him look good.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

RasperFat posted:

I like how his cabinet filled with neo nazis and nazi apologists is labeled with a Star of David. Stay true to your crazy, Dees.

Nazis and Zionists get along a lot better then you might think at times

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

CampingCarl posted:

I hope this clears up any confusion from previous cartoons about how Dees feels about Donald "Some, I assume, are good people" Trump now.

The keyword is "now," who knows if he'll even remember this when The Donald does something Dees likes.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

RasperFat posted:

Hitler and the Holocaust were a Jewish conspiracy to get them Israel.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I loving love it when Ted Rall tells stories that he thinks make him look good.

I like how at no point does he feel the need to indicate how the women felt about the state of affairs

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

CampingCarl posted:

Is there some significance to the kind bug in the bottom left corner?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
"I invaded their privacy rather than wait ten minutes to shower, which basically makes me a hero in the struggle for equality."

Angepain posted:

I like how at no point does he feel the need to indicate how the women felt about the state of affairs

There's no doubt in his mind they were thrilled to be in the presence of the young and infamously sexy lothario casanova, Fredboy Rall III.

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

Is there some significance to the kind bug in the bottom left corner?

It's a type of stinkbug.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Like a lot of popular media in the US, True suddenly got very jingoistic as soon as the US entered WWI (he'd previously beaten up people more than once who'd been yammering on about the war in Europe. As such, I tend to think that Condo was probably both going with the mood of the times and also being sure he wouldn't get singled out as a yellow coward who didn't sufficiently hate the murderous hun.

On the other hand,

https://twitter.com/TweetsofOld/status/834926395386134528

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

duz posted:

"10 minutes later, after they all noticed my giant cock, and all commented on how giant it was, and how it was totally the biggest they'd seen, and all of them gave me numbers so I could later give them sex in exchange for a place to stay, it was no big deal."
That kind of sounds like he spent 10 minutes jacking off or something.

But seriously, good on Rall for an actual good comic where he wasn't actually a total shithead or spent half of a self-insert strip talking about how awesome he is.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Koishi Komeiji fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 3, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Didn't read lol

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Deep Throat was the secret source who led Woodward and Bernstein to break the Watergate story that brought down Richard Nixon.

I never heard of Deep State until a few weeks ago. That’s when quotes from unnamed sources started turning up in news stories about alleged connections between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. The anonymous sources came from intelligence in the permanent government known as the “Deep State.” That would be the state previously known as the bureaucracy.

The Resist Trump crowd is hoping Deep State will work some Deep Throat magic on Donald Trump

Anyway, none of the Russian allegations were proven but they still managed to bring down National Security Advisor Michael Flynn. Now the Deep State is following the same playbook to bring down Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Rush Limbaugh thinks the Deep State is conspiring with the Mainstream Media to sabotage the Trump presidency. The muckraking investigative news website Consortiumnews.com seems to agree with Rush. Writing for Consortiumnews.com, Daniel Lazar quotes NYT reporters Glenn Thrush and Michale Grynbaum bragging that,”Trump is being force-fed lessons all presidents eventually learn – that the iron triangle of the Washington press corps, West Wing staff and federal bureaucracy is simply too powerful to bully.” Lazare – no fan of Trump – is skeptical:

quote:

Iron triangle? Permanent government? In its tale of how Trump went from being a favorite of the New York Post and Daily News to fodder for the big-time Washington news media, the Times seems to be going out of its way to confirm dark paranoid fears of a “deep state” lurking behind the scenes and dictating what political leaders can and cannot do.

…Entrenched interests are nothing new, of course. But a major news outlet bragging about collaborating with such elements in order to cripple a legally established government is.

…So if the conflict between president and the deep state ever comes down to a question of legitimacy, there is no doubt who will come out ahead: The Donald.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I love that people are just now realizing that the bureaucracy has inertia and think this is somehow a bad thing.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

The yellow eyes really make it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Selachian posted:

Telnaes' Gorillaz fan-art is looking on point!

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

Keiya posted:

I love that people are just now realizing that the bureaucracy has inertia and think this is somehow a bad thing.

Let's be frank with ourselves and say it's a good thing when it's impeding things you don't like and bad when they're things you do. That said, people have been warning about how the term can be used to create a nebulous enemy to rail against, rather than the more mundane aspects of Trump's inability to get anything done (no transition planning until after election day, no significant government experience, Trump's magical ability to infuriate nearly everyone whose help he would need to actually accomplish anything, etc.).

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

H O M E    R U N

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
The reference to "adamasexual," which I wasn't able to find by Googling, made me briefly wonder if Adam was even vaguely aware of Gnostic concepts like the Geradamas (an asexual, "perfect" human, an emanation of the true Gnostic Creator).

The thought only lasted long enough for me to poo poo this out.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

:five: goldmine

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Blessed are the edits

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Rowe:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I'll debate you, Bruce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I feel like Dees' mental state is deteriorating. He's gone from "Trump is just another ZIONIST PAWN like Clinton!" to "Trump is our Great White Hope" back to "Trump was always bad, actually" within the span of 16 months or so.

• Locked thread