Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

beergod posted:

Shovel knight is good drat

Yeah it's not $33 rebuy good tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Bloop posted:

I think framerate nerds might be just repurposed delusional audiophiles.

Zelda looks fantastic on my bigass TV.

Get your eyes checked :colbert:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

The Bloop posted:

I think framerate nerds might be just repurposed delusional audiophiles.

Zelda looks fantastic on my bigass TV.

I love Zelda, but it doesn't look fantastic, especially on TV. The textures look low-res and are blurred out only half a screen from Link. Gameplay is fun, style is great, but in terms of image quality, it's bad.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Infinitum posted:

Its 25?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I traded in a bunch of 3DS games I don't play anymore and got Zelda and Bomberman. I should've just gotten Zelda and kept some of the 3DS games. I like classic Bomberman, but the single player just feels flat, and the voice acting is god awful. Hopefully the multi-player is good when I have a chance to try that with friends tomorrow.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

The Milkman posted:

Through the extremely scientific process of trying it one time, the MacBook pro's USB-C charger charges this thing much, much faster than the included one

Anything higher than 15v is potentially damaging to the Switch itself.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AUD

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Wish Shovel Knight was like $20 instead of $32.50AUD on the Aus eShop.

Be a bit more enticing to buy it again.

Could the Switch being region-free affect this?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I see. I have the same reaction to 25. If I can get a straight answer on coop I might buy.

Thrn again. Single joycon mode is really poo poo.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah do people really LIKE the apple model of $100 for 32gigs more? I always loved the android model of get whatev you want for however much you want.

Stock Android is much the same. And nobody should really like less flexibility, but sometimes you're willing to sacrifice the memory card slot if you really like the product

But yea I mean, can't blame people for being confused about not being able to run their 1 or 2 terrabyte storage solution for this 'console' for the same price as you buy 128-256 GB memory cards right now

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Infinitum posted:

It's a shame the console is so underpowered because we aren't ever going to get cross-console AAA games (like battlefield or whatever) but obviously they had to make sacrifices to get it portable.

I wonder how much it would've cost to put the guts of something similar to a PS4 in it while keeping the portability and battery life in tact

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So maybe it's just me but when I first put in Zelda early in the day the first area definitely did sputter a bit (handheld mode). Now that I downloaded the day one patch and the update to the game I'm seeing zero slowdown in the starting area, both handheld and TV mode.

Am I seeing things? Game definitely seems smoother now. Also holy gently caress it looks stellar on the TV.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SlayVus posted:

Anything higher than 15v is potentially damaging to the Switch itself.

If both the charger and the device implement USB PD properly, the Switch will not request anything higher than what it can accept, and the charger will not supply anything more than the Switch wants.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Just to throw my two cents in the pan about the availability. I went to six different stores (Walmart, Target, Gamestop, etc.) and they were all sold out. I didn't ask how many they got in the first place though.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Guess my bitching worked. Switch finally out the door for delivery tomorrow.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I'm trying to run the audio from the Switch's audio out port into line in on my computer so it can mix down with my Windows sounds and integrated with my computer setup (multiple monitors, HDMI switcher etc). I have done this with every console with no issue. However, when I do this with the switch, I hear all the game sounds just fine, but there's this chopping line noise that alters in frequency/pitch when things change visually on the screen, like switching between the home menu or even tabbing through inventory pages in Zelda. I've tried both on-board audio line in and also an external sound card.

Never experienced anything like this before, any ideas?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
My only disappointment in this console so far is that it doesn't support bluetooth headphones. That seemed like a no brainer to me.

Oh well... I just have no good wired headphones these days

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Time to hop on a train and play some Zelda.

Lets see how long the battery lasts! :toot:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Infinitum posted:

Time to hop on a train and play some Zelda.

Lets see how long the battery lasts! :toot:

2.5-3 hours on Zelda.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PerrineClostermann posted:

2.5-3 hours on Zelda.

Lets see how long Zelda lasts in airplane mode + low brightness :toot:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Infinitum posted:

Lets see how long Zelda lasts in airplane mode + low brightness :toot:

I think they got just over 3hr with that.

Somehow it looked like there wasn't a lot of variance in battery life, most of the drain was from the game itself it seems.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

3 hours going to 6 from Zelda to a non intensive game. Yeah brightness (for once) isnt the biggest factor.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bombadilillo posted:

I see. I have the same reaction to 25. If I can get a straight answer on coop I might buy.

Thrn again. Single joycon mode is really poo poo.

Just tested, you can do co-op with the joy cons, just might want to make another profile as it disable feats on that profile.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Rirse posted:

Just tested, you can do co-op with the joy cons, just might want to make another profile as it disable feats on that profile.

Of one person dies how does it affect the game. Do you lose? Res at the next checkpoint?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Louisgod posted:

So maybe it's just me but when I first put in Zelda early in the day the first area definitely did sputter a bit (handheld mode). Now that I downloaded the day one patch and the update to the game I'm seeing zero slowdown in the starting area, both handheld and TV mode.

Am I seeing things? Game definitely seems smoother now. Also holy gently caress it looks stellar on the TV.

You're seeing things. Because I have the digital download, I've only ever played it with the day one patch. I get the same kind of slowdown that has been mentioned.

Well, it's not so much you're seeing things. The slowdown is situational. The three factors seem to be monster count, effects, and grass. The slowdown is noticeable early in the game because there is a patch of grass really close to the beginning, and it seems like you can reproduce lower framerate there.

Decius posted:

I love Zelda, but it doesn't look fantastic, especially on TV. The textures look low-res and are blurred out only half a screen from Link. Gameplay is fun, style is great, but in terms of image quality, it's bad.

I disagree. I've been playing pretty much exlusively PC games over the last five years, and lately I've been gaming on a 1440p monitor with a 1080GTX card. Point being, graphic fidelity and performance is really important to me.

However, it is not end-all be-all. I have no complaints with BOTW. Yes, there's slowdown. Yes, the textures are lower-res than my PC games. The art design is fantastic though, and more than makes up for it. The problem with quality and performance is when it draws you out of the game. The opposite occurs with BOTW. It continues to pull me in.

And I've barely played it in handheld mode, too. I mean, haven't really had a reason to. I've been nailed to my couch the entire day. I plan to get an oil change tomorrow, though, which I purposely put on hold a couple weeks to do it this weekend.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bombadilillo posted:

Of one person dies how does it affect the game. Do you lose? Res at the next checkpoint?

Just tried it, if someone dies then their money falls out but the other player can steal it. You can then respawn a few seconds later but with only one HP left.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
When is Animal Crossing and why no Kirby icons for your switch account

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Pro controller is bae.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why does the docked switch steal my tvs focus from my cable box and ps4 every few minutes when its in rest mode? Just watching a show and it keeps flipping to the switch input to look at a black screen

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Real hurthling! posted:

Why does the docked switch steal my tvs focus from my cable box and ps4 every few minutes when its in rest mode? Just watching a show and it keeps flipping to the switch input to look at a black screen

it likes to.....SWITCH your hdmi input????

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is anyone else getting random friend requests from people?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Is anyone else getting random friend requests from people?

Miitomo's hooks are deep

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bombadilillo posted:

Mine was not like that at all. Did you get the cheap on or expensive one? I got the dust tabs. The back was 50/50.

I got the $20 one.

WTF is up w/ their quality control. Shouldn't be sending out different versions.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
So apparently the dock is scratching some screens. Since the Hori one is apparently a bust, what screen protector is the new champion?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm honestly kinda surprised that there isnt a Nintendo Seal of Approval Screen Protector, all things considered

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
I can't seem to connect my Switch to my home wifi... I've looked online to see if anyone else is having the same issue and apparently there was the possibility that the Switch is not capable of connecting to wifi that's password protected??? What? Maybe I read that wrong. I just remember that the Wii U and 3DS systems were not as bad to connect with than the Switch is right now.

I just want to play the cute Paperclips demo gosh darn it...

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'm honestly kinda surprised that there isnt a Nintendo Seal of Approval Screen Protector, all things considered

There is, it's bundled with the official carrying case. Picked it up but don't know if it's any good.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Macintosh HD posted:

So apparently the dock is scratching some screens. Since the Hori one is apparently a bust, what screen protector is the new champion?

Not the PDP one.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Kelp Plankton posted:

There is, it's bundled with the official carrying case. Picked it up but don't know if it's any good.

Is that a rare thing to find or what? Just seems a lot of people are looking into third party so this is the first I've heard of official cases/screen protectors. I don't follow this thread keenly so if I missed it, my apologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

HelloWinter posted:

I can't seem to connect my Switch to my home wifi... I've looked online to see if anyone else is having the same issue and apparently there was the possibility that the Switch is not capable of connecting to wifi that's password protected??? What? Maybe I read that wrong. I just remember that the Wii U and 3DS systems were not as bad to connect with than the Switch is right now.

I just want to play the cute Paperclips demo gosh darn it...

I had this issue at first. Do an actual reboot (restart) of the system them try searching for your router.

• Locked thread