Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

djfooboo posted:

Gonna try and make affliction break for these Mandragora's assholes. What other recursive fights does it shine?

The current Demon Wall raids, for starters.

Basically any fight that says "Esuna" in the description.

Unrelated, this quiz game is really fun! I'm proud of myself for remembering that Edgar's middle name is Roni. :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ah yeah, demon wall. I'm gonna try that tonight. Any pointers other than bring affliction break?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Sprite141 posted:

Ah yeah, demon wall. I'm gonna try that tonight. Any pointers other than bring affliction break?

Slowga, Shout, Wall, as many ATK breaks as you can get, and DPS. Someone should have a healer BSB too but it doesn't hit too hard after ATK debuffs get stacked.

It re-hastes itself at 50% hp so reset Slow and Affliction Break and you should be fine

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Beasteh posted:

Not chasing Cloud's BSB2 since it returns on the utterly broken USB godbanner. Getting Zack's BSB was huge here

Oh god this post just saved me from wasting mythril trying for Cloud's BSB2 on a crap banner, so thanks. Definitely worth waiting for the aptly named godbanner instead, it is so sexy :stwoon:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Adel posted:

Oh god this post just saved me from wasting mythril trying for Cloud's BSB2 on a crap banner, so thanks. Definitely worth waiting for the aptly named godbanner instead, it is so sexy :stwoon:

How far out is this godbanner?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah fanboy appeal aside, these FFVII seem like a pretty easy skip, and I don't even have much FFVII synergy. Godbanner came out in December in Japan I think, so probably about June?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Slowga, Shout, Wall, as many ATK breaks as you can get, and DPS. Someone should have a healer BSB too but it doesn't hit too hard after ATK debuffs get stacked.

It re-hastes itself at 50% hp so reset Slow and Affliction Break and you should be fine

I think I'll hit up multiplayer for it. I have pentabreak irvine, gordon with both his reverse-wall and atk/mag/blink ssb, affliction break, full break and attack breakdown. Hopefully I can leave everything else to pubbies. :downs:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My FFVII synergy is really weird. I've got absolutely ridiculous physical weapon synergy (including, but not limited to, two 8* swords, one 6* sword and one 6* spear) and zero mage weapons. Meanwhile, I've got several 5* armors, all mage equipment, and zero that boast decent physical defense.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

My impression is that FVII is heavy on good physical relics and very weak on mage options.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Got a crazy group. Two yshtola's with ss2 and asylum both, an onion knight with his bsb (in the back row spamming the physical attack only), a gilgamrsh with gaia cross and his bsb, a firion with his bsb, an orlandu with both his bsb and osb and finally myself with all the support bullshit.

One try, no issues at all. Hell, Irvine was stopped half the fight and there was still no issue. Championed and everything.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Sprite141 posted:

Got a crazy group. Two yshtola's with ss2 and asylum both, an onion knight with his bsb (in the back row spamming the physical attack only), a gilgamrsh with gaia cross and his bsb, a firion with his bsb, an orlandu with both his bsb and osb and finally myself with all the support bullshit.

One try, no issues at all. Hell, Irvine was stopped half the fight and there was still no issue. Championed and everything.

Get on the goon discord you goober!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

IllegallySober posted:

How far out is this godbanner?

Eyeballing it at around 3-4 months

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Beasteh posted:

Eyeballing it at around 3-4 months

That's way too long for me to wait to draw. Never not draw?

(I'm not drawing. At least until Anniversary.)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

IllegallySober posted:

That's way too long for me to wait to draw. Never not draw?

(I'm not drawing. At least until Anniversary.)

you say that like theres not a bunch of lucky draws coming up

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Snazzy Frocks posted:

you say that like theres not a bunch of lucky draws coming up

Fair point. :v:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i thought the lucky draws were part of the anniversary thing

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

We get a lucky draw every dungeon update too

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Cowcaster posted:

i thought the lucky draws were part of the anniversary thing

Iirc, the 3 banners appeared for one day each right before the actual anniversary banners came out.

Yes, they are part of the anniversary, but they came right before it kicked into full swing.

U-DO Burger posted:

We get a lucky draw every dungeon update too

Also this.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I am glad they are giving out a ton of mythril because otherwise it would be pretty sadistic to drop so many lucky banners right before the anniversary. I'm still probably not going to end up getting to make as many pulls as I'd like, but I think I should be able to squeeze out 3 or 4 on the actual anniversary banners, plus the lucky draws.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I should be around 200 mythril when the anniversary hits. Plus the anniversary mythril I should manage 3 to 4 pulls on the non-lucky banners.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'll also wind up around 200 mythril by the time the anniversary starts, probably. I think I'll likely end up chasing the Tyro USB/Sephiroth OSB banner. Tyro's is just pretty useful all around, and I'd like an OSB in an element I already have Imperil/gear support for. The Agrias OSB banner is also looking good to me, especially if Orlandeau's OSB winds up recurring on it as well.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know they've been posted a lot but i flipped back a page and didn't find them and am very lazy someone mind reposting the banner lists

i'm tempted to pull on whatever has orlandeau's osb on it because it probably has a lot of good stuff and i'd have a chance to glue together an 8* OSB sword

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 4, 2017

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Cowcaster posted:

i know they've been posted a lot but i flipped back a page and didn't find them and am very lazy someone mind reposting the banner lists

i'm tempted to pull on whatever has orlandeau's osb on it because it probably has a lot of good stuff and i'm sorely tempted to glue together an 8* OSB sword
We don't know what the banners will be, it's a fest and DeNA always shuffles those up for global. What we know will be there across the five banners: Faris, Tyro, Eiko USBs, Ashe, Agrias, Sephiroth OSBs, Shantotto BSB.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah. does that extend to the not quite anniversary lucky draws too?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Cowcaster posted:

ah. does that extend to the not quite anniversary lucky draws too?
Those ones should be (we're not 100% sure but they don't usually change them): Curaga medicas, Enelement SBs, and BSBs

Get your self into the Discord for us to answer these and all your other questions whenever, btw

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Those ones should be (we're not 100% sure but they don't usually change them): Curaga medicas, Enelement SBs, and BSBs

Get your self into the Discord for us to answer these and all your other questions whenever, btw

what would i use this thread for then

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Cowcaster posted:

what would i use this thread for then
Posting pictures of your draws and/or victories over tough dungeons/fights.

You can also do that on discord but it just gets forgotten after a few lines

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Kinda hoping I can pull something for Sephiroth eventually, then I will have an absolutely bonkers physical dark team. Already have Gabranth's BSB, SSB, and USB, Plus a BSB for Leon and Shadow, which means I've got 3 en-darks and an AoE imperil dark, plus 2 swords with bonus dark damage.

Although the crazy part is it still wouldn't be as nuts as my Holy team, somehow.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Couldn't beat the +++ fight with my only team of 60s, 3* honed abilities and shellga and protectga. Still too much damage on and not enough out. Mastered the event up to there.

Edit: this is about non-ultimate fights in the VII event, in case that's not clear.

Stagger_Lee fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 4, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stagger_Lee posted:

Couldn't beat the +++ fight with my only team of 60s, 3* honed abilities and shellga and protectga. Still too much damage on and not enough out. Mastered the event up to there.

i mean sounds like the ++ was the big stumbling block for people even kitted out to the gills so kudos!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stagger_Lee posted:

Edit: this is about non-ultimate fights in the VII event, in case that's not clear.

Oh my bad. You should be able to cheese it with a decent overstrike roaming warrior, just fling both casts at Rude and he'll run (make sure to get the slow and/or break bonuses before you do). If you haven't a good one saved mine's at gkLe

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Random ones I was pulling weren't doing much.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stagger_Lee posted:

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Random ones I was pulling weren't doing much.

The lesson I've learned as someone who's only super into this game in short bursts: a lot of the really high end stuff is beaten by A) Having a burst soul break or overstrike soul break that hits the boss' weak point or 2) pulling in a roaming warrior who does. That said, this tool here is what you need to get your engine started: https://www.ffrkcentral.com/roamingwarriors/search they just updated it a bit so you can sort and filter in all kinds of fun ways!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
are there u+++ yet?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i usually think of them as the 3 reds and the 3 purples so i got confused

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
ahh

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Thanks for the help. Didn't realize a maxed out version of that would do so much more. Even got mastery despite managing to lose Larsa in those few turns.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

God bless roaming warriors. Raines carried me through the FF12 U+, and then Papalymo through the U++.

On a related note, I really want Papalymo's BSB. Holy poo poo.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Fister Roboto posted:

God bless roaming warriors. Raines carried me through the FF12 U+, and then Papalymo through the U++.

On a related note, I really want Papalymo's BSB. Holy poo poo.

yeah its really really good if you can get high enough magic to hit the 6 attacks on the 1st bsb command

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I've been putting off the nightmare dungeons for a while now since I figured most of them weren't worth doing yet and power creep meant easier times later. Man, some of these fights have some serious bullshit going on.

For example, not really sure why Dr Mog couldn't mention poo poo like not breaking mirrors meant that they would explode for massive damage. Or that the stupid poison breath was caused by not healing its poison in time. gently caress you, too, Dr Mog.

• Locked thread