Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Babylon Astronaut posted:

かんしゃく玉投げカン太郎の東海道五十三次

It isn't as hard as it looks. I'd put it up there with super mario bros as far as platformers go.

romanize that poo poo nigga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Kanshaku tamanage Kantarou no Toukaidou Gojyuusan-tsugi! What a mouthful.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*calls Chris Hansen, John Walsh and the FBI*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love this whole thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726087 but this post in particular is a classic to me even if it's a throwaway own: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726087&userid=210041#post446639618

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

;lmfso

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Last Guardian. What a beautiful game

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Super Fantasy Zone clear. Quest for Ki is next.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

hell yeah

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Super Fantasy Zone is incredible. Hell, all the Fantasy Zone games are.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I liked it. It was easier than I thought it would be, but I liked the hitbox and the speed is right on once you've upgraded.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Quest of Ki down. That sure is a game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dracula X: Nocturne of the Moonlight - Maria Mode (~39 minutes). Really awesome mode that's as fun as Richter but you get really epic kicks, like her dashing kick that flies all the way across the screen and one shots every enemy on the game outside of bosses.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Watch Dogs 2. I was planning to skip this one because of how bad the first one was, but someone here posted about how surprisingly good it was and that piqued my curiosity enough to grab it on sale. I liked it pretty well. It was kind of the standard Ubisoft open-world game, but better executed (the world feels more alive, more ways to mess with the environment and enemies, only a handful of collectibles that you really needed with the rest just being paint jobs and clothing items, etc). If you hate Ubisoft entirely this isn't going to change your mind but if you think their games are a case of "decent idea, bad execution" it's worth checking out.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i hate Ubisoft entirely

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Nioh. It had a lot of really good aspects, a lot of really bad ones, and not much in between.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
i forgot i had like 2 puzzles left to complete in Hexcells Infinite so I worked on that, and I feel super dirty because I still have no idea how you're supposed to puzzle out 6-3 so I just did some guessing on a couple hexes and worked from there.

So yeah, hexcells infinite 100%, I guess

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Bloodborne+Old Hunters+Queen Ramjam

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

ArfJason posted:

i forgot i had like 2 puzzles left to complete in Hexcells Infinite so I worked on that, and I feel super dirty because I still have no idea how you're supposed to puzzle out 6-3 so I just did some guessing on a couple hexes and worked from there.

So yeah, hexcells infinite 100%, I guess
look at the number of remaining blue hexes you fool. You can work out how many are or aren't next to the flowers.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Trust me i did that extensively but there two many possibilities all at once and i couldnt figure out the procedure trust me when i say i take my hell of a time looking at these things to use logic

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Finished another ending for 999 and it's another bad ending that ends with me dying. Is everyone trying to kill me in this game?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Link's Awakening DX on 3DS VC. Not my first time beating it but the first time in over a decade.

My first Zelda game (the original version at least) and still one of my favorites. It needs a remake so bad. Shorter than I remember it but still as fun, and it has me jonesing to re-play the Oracle games now.

Also I did a no-death run (it's not that hard) to make sure Marin got to be a seagull at the end :unsmith:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Bleed 2

I've been following the development of this game for like a year and a half now because bleed 1 was really cool. Reviews weren't kidding when they said this game was short, took me 100 minutes according to steam to beat both normal and very hard mode. I feel a lot more clumsy now because the badass slow mo airdash weaving between hails of bullets that made me love the first one seemed harder to achieve, but thats maybe because i was focusing too much on the new reflectable bullets and hitting them instead of dodging.
like any good treasure inspired game its pretty much a collection of bosses with a lot of attack patterns and not a lot in between aside from a couple gimmicks in some stages. i had a blast with it and I'll see about s ranking it soon.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

despite the frankly insane number of hours i've put into the game so far it's saying i'm sitting at 17.03% completion lol. so technically i beat the story but my journey in hyrule continues. its the best zelda game.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Romancing saga 3. its up there with ff6 .. actually, it seems like the gfx etc were done by some of the ff6 team. anyway, its extremely good, you have to rely on a fan translation though. its a good one and every single thing is translated except for 2 hit messages (miss + evade) but i dont think it was done by a native english speaker. treasure of the rudras next, another squaresoft snes rpg fan translation

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I beat Nioh and Nier* recently. I loved both but while I can't wait to play more Nioh when DLC comes out, I never want to play Nier again if I can avoid it.

*Only endings A and B.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat VVVVVV. Good game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
incredible soundtrack. make sure to play the two custom extra stages that come with the game cause they have two additional tracks (and one of them is godlike)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

incredible soundtrack. make sure to play the two custom extra stages that come with the game cause they have two additional tracks (and one of them is godlike)

Yeah the soundtrack is wonderful. I've been playing the Vita version which looks like it has a whole bunch of custom stages actually

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

I beat VVVVVV. Good game

great game. really wish it was longer.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I also beat Mega Man Legends today. Also a very good game, although the controls are kind of clunky especially played on a Vita

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Halo Wars 2 (Heroic)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

7) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. 21.83/100%

This game is absolutely incredible. It's a must play for anyone imo.

I'm not going for 100% because I assume that korok seeds are a big chunk of that but I am going to hunt down every single shrine. Then start doing challenge runs. Cannot wait for the DLC.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

7) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. 21.83/100%

This game is absolutely incredible. It's a must play for anyone imo.

I'm not going for 100% because I assume that korok seeds are a big chunk of that but I am going to hunt down every single shrine. Then start doing challenge runs. Cannot wait for the DLC.

there are 900+ korok seeds lolz

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys: Oath in Felghana (Hard, PSP Version (which is an easier game than PC version)). gently caress that final boss!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also completed the Community Center in Stardew Valley and did everything I want to and make 30k a day so I'm going to consider that beaten as well.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I also completed the Community Center in Stardew Valley and did everything I want to and make 30k a day so I'm going to consider that beaten as well.

but are you happy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (45.24% Completion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just beat Nier: Automata (endings A-E). It's the best game I've ever played.

That brings my 2017 total so far to:

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
4: Nier
5. Nier: Automata

Idk what to play next. I might just take a break from games for a bit and watch a TV series or something. Automata was too good.

• Locked thread