Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

as i said the tweet is just promotional material for their transgender docudrama thing, and vice as you may know produces docudramas about things that usually shock people, and that tweet was deffo intended to shock you. but instead you decided to pick a side and launch a knee jerk defence of that side in a topic you yourself admit you know almost nothing about lol
tbh i mostly just wanted to reiterate how off base you were in your meta-analysis of our analysis of the opinion poll. i feel like "the doctors and DCM are probably best to tackle this issue" is a pretty dece defense though. i mean, if it makes you feel any better, i also agree that outside political forces shouldnt be influencing the scientific discussion of this issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

new phone who dis posted:

Even if a medical professional advised me to do it I would definitely be looking for more opinions considering the politicizing of the issue and relative new state of the science. The younger the kid is, the more vigilant and exploratory I would be for other opinions.
second opinions are cool n all, but be careful about swingin' around that "politicizing science" talking point. its been pretty heavily leveraged as of recent in order to instigate the politicization of science, as it allows politicians to control which scientists get funding, and which dont.

climate change has recently been labelled as "politicized science", for example, and the talking point was then used to cut NASA (lol)

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Kjoery posted:

second opinions are cool n all, but be careful about swingin' around that "politicizing science" talking point. its been pretty heavily leveraged as of recent in order to instigate the politicization of science, as it allows politicians to control which scientists get funding, and which dont.

I get what you're saying but we're talking about a precarious bit of largely unproven science that's lousy with activists on both sides. There's really no consensus except politically.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
And to be completely honest, the climate change people really kind of hosed themselves using hyperbole and political maneuvering. I'm not denying climate change, but there has definitely been some irresponsible agitating on it's behalf that ended up setting back the public perception.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

And to be completely honest, the climate change people really kind of hosed themselves using hyperbole and political maneuvering. I'm not denying climate change, but there has definitely been some irresponsible agitating on it's behalf that ended up setting back the public perception.
you know, a lot of the posts in this thread have been "yeah, this problem exists, and im not denying it exists, but its [the DNC/clinton/the leftists/other people's faults]

that isnt actually a productive conversation that will actually solve problems. to actually move forward, you gotta get over the petty differences and finger pointing at some point and begin working on real policy and solutions

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

That and a billion dollar lobby which influences Republicans and conservative media, but sure, blame the lowly climate activist.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Kjoery posted:

you know, a lot of the posts in this thread have been "yeah, this problem exists, and im not denying it exists, but its [the DNC/clinton/the leftists/other people's faults]

that isnt actually a productive conversation that will actually solve problems. to actually move forward, you gotta get over the petty differences and finger pointing at some point and begin working on real policy and solutions

Oh absolutely, and I think this criticism rings true across the entire political spectrum. Once the anger on the left starts to peter out I'm hoping they find a way to work with Trump to accomplish things. Trump's recent speech has made me a bit hopeful that there might be wiggle room for Democrats to get things passed. An immigration compromise would be nice. I think that once Democrats realize they aren't going to oust Trump with an intelligence coup or media blitz they should change tactics to schmoozing him a bit and appealing to his legacy because he's such a pompous, self-absorbed rear end. I know it would kill them to kiss his rear end a bit, but I bet they could get some things accomplished with a certain amount. This whole hysterical process of hanging on his every word has to end eventually and there has to be a smarter way to play this.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Frijolero posted:

That and a billion dollar lobby which influences Republicans and conservative media, but sure, blame the lowly climate activist.

It's not fair that the left has to be that pure but it comes with the territory of being right and actually trying to do good.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
trump is the literal definition of a petty finger pointer

that is not the man you want in power if you do not want finger pointing politics

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

"Look the people challenging billion dollar industries by telling people, you're literally loving up the planet and causing all this irreparable damage that will cause millions of deaths/displacement/increase desertification/lower availability of food are just being irresponsible, people had no choice but to listen to those lobbyists!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Kjoery posted:

trump is the literal definition of a petty finger pointer

that is not the man you want in power if you do not want finger pointing politics

He's a vain narcissist that could be easily manipulated with promises of greatness if everyone could just stop autistically screeching for 30 seconds. He's not a hard line Republican, they are just the people giving him what he wants at the moment. Lots of his planks are NOT Republican planks. Anti-Off Shoring? Tariffs? Infrastructure spending? He's dragging them along on a lot of poo poo.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

autistic screeching
yep

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

meanwhile at the intercept

https://theintercept.com/2017/02/28/trump-suggests-anti-semitic-acts-might-faked-make-movement-look-bad/

e: also that vice tweet is just promotional material for their transgender documentary fyi

Haha, oh my loving god.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
lmao trump is a rejected captain planet villian.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

PSA: Trump thinks that if a trans woman uses a woman's bathroom it is a crime, at the same time that he thinks he, a fat old orange man, is a-okay to go into a dressing room filled with nude 15 year olds, since he's the "pageant owner."

The president of the US is literally a pedophile.

Sorry, ephebophile. I guess.

Bobmuffins
Oct 10, 2016

scrubs season six posted:

PSA: Trump thinks that if a trans woman uses a woman's bathroom it is a crime, at the same time that he thinks he, a fat old orange man, is a-okay to go into a dressing room filled with nude 15 year olds, since he's the "pageant owner."

i still can't stop :eyepop:-ing at the fact this is an undisputable fact yet satanist underground pizza pedophile conspiracy is a real thing people are trying to believe in

like i joke about projection being over-used by the right but :lol:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

scrubs season six posted:

It literally fucks up my mind that this is a known fact and people in his camp are just...??? okay with that?

Edit: ^ Yeop

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Tiny Deer posted:

It literally fucks up my mind that this is a known fact and people in his camp are just...??? okay with that?

Edit: ^ Yeop
they cant hear it over all the "autistic screeching"

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Kjoery posted:

they cant hear it over all the "autistic screeching"

I mean i get probably overly annoyed about dumb jokes about Tromp because honestly am just like

The objective undeniable truth is so bad who even needs to speculate about what else is going on?

On the other hand: gently caress how can I really judge people for dealing with this nightmare reality however they want?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I'm not surprised since the wasteland that was the Milo thread had people defending grown men lusting after 13 year olds. The right is real loving stupid and evil but they're in power cuz the dems are also stupid and evil and I hope the first nuke trump drops lands right on my loving forehead to release me from this hellhole called Earf. God is good.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

WatermelonGun posted:

I'm not surprised since the wasteland that was the Milo thread had people defending grown men lusting after 13 year olds. The right is real loving stupid and evil but they're in power cuz the dems are also stupid and evil and I hope the first nuke trump drops lands right on my loving forehead to release me from this hellhole called Earf. God is good.

little boys are small, weak and effeminate. they deserve to get raped for being pathetic little cucks who would probably cry if you made them shoot their dog. *patriotically slathers charred bricklet of meat with expired ketchup*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Personally I want to see global warming accelerated because it would actually be cool as hell to witness the rebirth of the great inland sea.

Also lol that it took the media so long to drum up their hit piece on Milo. He has been an open papist pedophile apologist nearly his entire career. There was hardly an interview he gave where he didn't joke about molested by the clergy and enjoying it.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837996746236182529

looks like obama's totally hosed this time.

e: he got away

Harrower posted:

Also lol that it took the media so long to drum up their hit piece on Milo. He has been an open papist pedophile apologist nearly his entire career. There was hardly an interview he gave where he didn't joke about molested by the clergy and enjoying it.

yeah it's almost like nobody gave a poo poo about him (outside of mouth breathing retards) until he rode trumps coat tails all the way to peak media saturation.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Harrower posted:

Personally I want to see global warming accelerated because it would actually be cool as hell to witness the rebirth of the great inland sea.

lol most of the areas covered under that sea are like 2000 feet above sea level now you great inland idiot

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

is his brain turning to poo poo already, it took reagan at least a few years

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

lol most of the areas covered under that sea are like 2000 feet above sea level now you great inland idiot

this is why trump won. instead of calling people landlubbers why not engage them in debate as to why they cant hold onto their lunches at sea and easily succumb to scurvy?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

Haha, oh my loving god.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/03/juan-thompson-jcc-jewish-community-center-bomb-threats-suspect-arrest-charge-photos-st-louis-new-york/

Trump is going to spin this guy into the face of the entire media, and act like all news is his news

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

so we found negromancer irl?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

so we found negromancer irl?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Jose Mengelez posted:

little boys are small, weak and effeminate. they deserve to get raped for being pathetic little cucks who would probably cry if you made them shoot their dog. *patriotically slathers charred bricklet of meat with expired ketchup*

Hmm, chill

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Tiny Deer posted:

The objective undeniable truth is so bad who even needs to speculate about what else is going on?
oh no, to a large group of people on the internet, everything is fine. a massive disconnect of perception has formed thanks to the insular echo chambers i previously mentioned in effort posts (/pol/, the_donald, the youtube "skeptic" community, etc)

see, "autistic screeching", for example, is a hilarious frog person meme that refers to how crazy the rainbow haired sjws are for vocally opposing trump's policies. (autistic screeching originally picked up in anarcho-capitalist internet, but a good portion of the community integrated with the frog people and brought their dank meme with them)

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

You can smell his desperation as these tweets get crazier and crazier every day. He's cracking and it hasn't even been 6 weeks lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nope.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

lmao what the hell are you talking about? republicans that go on yougov to do polls are apparently also in on the russian conspiracy? do you reckon everybody who identifies as a republican becomes instantly aware of their role to serve the russian motherland lmfao?
The results were the same on Gallup and I already gave my opinion why I thought this happened and it was not "Republicans are sleeper agents working for the Kremlin!"

How do you explain this change?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Knight posted:

The results were the same on Gallup and I already gave my opinion why I thought this happened and it was not "Republicans are sleeper agents working for the Kremlin!"

How do you explain this change?

probably coincides with increase in frequency on how often russia and putin are covered in the american media so the average republican is more aware of putin and the tough man image that's designed to appeal to the likes of him/her, whereas before that people didn't really know who putin was and didn't give a poo poo?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

probably coincides with increase in frequency on how often russia and putin are covered in the american media so the average republican is more aware of putin and the tough man image that's designed to appeal to the likes of him/her, whereas before that people didn't really know who putin was and didn't give a poo poo?
That's the basic conclusion I came to 2 pages ago, so I guess we can agree instead of "lmao what the hell are you talking about?"

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Knight posted:

That's the basic conclusion I came to 2 pages ago, so I guess we can agree instead of "lmao what the hell are you talking about?"

forgive me for not reading the hell thread in full my dear friend

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Knight posted:

Really, it's not like everyone suddenly got afraid of Russia and think they're going to steal their children and eat them all of a sudden. Everyone has about the same unfavorable opinion about Russia as they did over the last 5 years...except for Republicans, who are suddenly more favorable towards Putin than they've ever been.

I can speculate on the reasons why, but ultimately this makes a lot of people suspicious. It makes people more suspicious when they start trying to influence our election in favor of a candidate who can't stop praising Putin, denying that he or his campaign has any dealings with Russia, and then having people in his campaign resign after their connections are discovered. This is a concern over the Trump administration in their honesty and openness about dealing with Russia more than Russia itself.
lmao what the hell are you talking about? republicans that go on yougov to do polls are apparently also in on the russian conspiracy? do you reckon everybody who identifies as a republican becomes instantly aware of their role to serve the russian motherland lmfao?

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

forgive me for not reading the hell thread in full my dear friend
ah yes completely neglecting to read the posts one directly quotes and responds to, a classic mistake

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guy complaining about the GOP liking Russia like it's a bad thing.

Good relations with Russia is good. Good relations with China is good. Good relations with Iran is good. Good relations with North Korea is good.

Suddenly Democrats want to go back to being cold warriors because their party platform is non-existent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
good things = good
bad things = bad

thats how politics works, its that simple

now excuse me while i leave the UN and threaten to impose tarrifs on germany while fabricating fake crises in sweden

• Locked thread