Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

suboptimal posted:

What the hell is he going on about now? Is this some sort of batshit theory that's been running on Fox News or does he not understand that the IC would monitor calls made by foreign diplomats? :psyduck:

He might be talking about the FISA warrants which were filed in the Summer, and granted sometime in October. https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-fbi-granted-fisa-warrant-covering-trump-camps-ties-to-russia/amp/
Though the FISA warrant only covered four individuals on the campaign. Is it weird, though. Why bring this up now? Is he seriously just learning about the FISA warrants now, or is this some new conspiracy thing? It's real weird, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I hope Obama is sitting on a beach sipping maitais and laughing at the dumb gently caress

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Skynet did nothing wrong

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Deathy McDeath posted:

Why bring this up now? Is he seriously just learning about the FISA warrants now, or is this some new conspiracy thing? It's real weird, y'all.

If only there was some branch of government dedicated to keeping the president informed. Maybe they could compile all the information and pass it to him at a set time every day. A daily report, if you will.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Deathy McDeath posted:

He might be talking about the FISA warrants which were filed in the Summer, and granted sometime in October. https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-fbi-granted-fisa-warrant-covering-trump-camps-ties-to-russia/amp/
Though the FISA warrant only covered four individuals on the campaign. Is it weird, though. Why bring this up now? Is he seriously just learning about the FISA warrants now, or is this some new conspiracy thing? It's real weird, y'all.

There was a Breitbart article about a right-wing radio show about it

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Two Finger posted:

I hope Obama is sitting on a beach sipping maitais and laughing at the dumb gently caress

I'd pay good money to be a fly on a wall at a bar with Obama, Biden, and Boehner while they drink and laugh at this insanity.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
So I guess america is straight up bombing yemen with KSA now

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/new-strikes-in-yemen-but-no-us-troops-in-firefight

:thumbsup:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It's been on and off for a bit now, mostly flew under the media's radar the past year for whatever reason. Saw a few stories on it but nothing really "broke" through

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Piell posted:

There was a Breitbart article about a right-wing radio show about it

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/838018417726738432

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/838033859761618947

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/838024706494169088

:allbuttons:

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 4, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's cool when the US President talks poo poo about tv ratings for a reality show.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

holocaust bloopers posted:

It's cool when the US President talks poo poo about tv ratings for a reality show.

Well our presidential citrus fruit does pretty much nothing but discuss nuclear arms races and talk poo poo on Twitter for the whole world to see, I don't know why you're in any way surprised.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
It's been three days, I'm guessing someone already talked about this?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/01/exclusive-deployed-us-navy-has-a-pregnancy-problem-and-its-getting-worse/

quote:

A record 16 out of 100 Navy women are reassigned from ships to shore duty due to pregnancy, according to data obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

AFAIK the Daily Caller is a site run by a disgraced Breitbart employee.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

DoktorLoken posted:

AFAIK the Daily Caller is a site run by a disgraced Breitbart employee.

That's nice. Are you saying they made up their FOIA results?

Right wing news source reports on thing that no left wing news source will cover because it undermines left wing policy. "LOL, that's a right wing news source, tell me when the NYT reports on something that will piss the masses off about women in the military!" Ok, then.

If it's false I'm sure we'll see some pushback from a DoD or Department of the Navy PR flack.

Number Ten Cocks fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 4, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Right wing news source reports on thing that no left wing news source will cover because it undermines left wing policy. "LOL, that's a right wing news source, tell me when the NYT reports on something that will piss the masses off about women in the military!" Ok, then.

Gee, I wonder what major political event could be happening that's giving servicemembers the heebie-jeebies and encouraging them to get the gently caress out of either the military or anything that could become an active combat zone.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

redneck nazgul posted:

Gee, I wonder what major political event could be happening that's giving servicemembers the heebie-jeebies and encouraging them to get the gently caress out of either the military or anything that could become an active combat zone.

Women being allowed into the military.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I'd pay good money to be a fly on a wall at a bar with Obama, Biden, and Boehner while they drink and laugh at this insanity.

I sincerely doubt these men who devoted their lives to public service are laughing

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Women being allowed into the military.

A shame the award winning journalism of the Daily Caller didn't report on the unprecedented swell of reenlistments across the military since January 20th.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Number Ten Cocks posted:

If it's false I'm sure we'll see some pushback from a DoD or Department of the Navy PR flack.

No, what he's saying is that it's something that's made sensational for no real reason. Why does it matter how many sailors get pregnant? Yes, deployment readiness and all that bullshit, but people get yanked from deployment for other medical issues all the time.

It's a hit piece on women to try to turn people's attitudes even more negative about pregnancy.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

And now the wiretap story is starting to get reported on:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/03/04/trump-accuses-obama-of-nixonwatergate-plot-to-wire-tap-trump-tower/

It really is something to see how Trump's Twitter usage corresponds to a) whatever the right wing cesspool media is blithering on about and b) his mood in general. It'd be a hell of a lot funnier if he didn't have access to nukes.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yup. If you look at the sources cited it appears women do get removed more than men from sea deployment, but it's not as astronomically different than the article appears to promote.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Mr. Nice! posted:

No, what he's saying is that it's something that's made sensational for no real reason. Why does it matter how many sailors get pregnant? Yes, deployment readiness and all that bullshit, but people get yanked from deployment for other medical issues all the time.

If you identified a medical condition that made it 16% likely you couldn't complete a deployment you wouldn't be allowed to deploy. The Daily Caller has identified a condition that has a 16% failure rate associated with it. That's interesting and newsworthy, and there's even an easy to implement policy that can fix it and has worked in the past.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Number Ten Cocks posted:

If you identified a medical condition that made it 16% likely you couldn't complete a deployment you wouldn't be allowed to deploy. The Daily Caller has identified a condition that has a 16% failure rate associated with it. That's interesting and newsworthy, and there's even an easy to implement policy that can fix it and has worked in the past.

Women get pregnant. Its the circle of life. What's your point?

While I was at squadron I helped track manning for the entire DESRON. Pregnancy was just one of the myriad of reasons that people were yanked. Sadbrains took more sailors off of ships than pregnancies ever did. Additionally, women can continue to serve on a ship up to a certain time frame while pregnant.

That entire article is based off of cherry picked statistics and the purpose behind it is attack women.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Number Ten Cocks posted:

So basically kick women back to the kitchen to make sandwiches?

Nice hot take bro!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Hey gently caress face how about you crawl back to games and take your afterbirth with you.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Mr. Nice! posted:

Women get pregnant. Its the circle of life. What's your point?

While I was at squadron I helped track manning for the entire DESRON. Pregnancy was just one of the myriad of reasons that people were yanked. Sadbrains took more sailors off of ships than pregnancies ever did. Additionally, women can continue to serve on a ship up to a certain time frame while pregnant.

That entire article is based off of cherry picked statistics and the purpose behind it is attack women.

People get sick and die. It's the circle of life. My point is we don't let them in the military when we can see it coming.

The entire article is based off actual statistics and the purpose behind it is to highlight a real cost to using women in the military that should be debated, not hidden. The fact that you're wetting you pants over this makes it clear it's not a debate you think would go well.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Or, alternatively, we let women serve and you continue to be a loving mouthbreather fucktard who nobody here wants around. The circle of lifes!

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Number Ten Cocks posted:

People get sick and die. It's the circle of life. My point is we don't let them in the military when we can see it coming.

The entire article is based off actual statistics and the purpose behind it is to highlight a real cost to using women in the military that should be debated, not hidden. The fact that you're wetting you pants over this makes it clear it's not a debate you think would go well.

So go to D&D and "debate" it there.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The net benefit of having women in a unit far out weighs the possibility they get pregnant and work a different gig for a while.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Go hate women somewhere else

e: also we let plenty of people into the military with the knowledge they'll die.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I have a strange feeling something is dumb about their stats analysis but I'm on the phone right now

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

:getout:

I'd gladly take a pregnant woman who is competent at doing her job working a shore command's desk job than a mouth breathing retard gently caress up that can't do the paperwork that is necessary for getting the job done.

Most of the women I've worked with have a chip on their shoulder to prove that they belong and thrive in the military, and I think it's horseshit that they have to work above and beyond the expectations set on them to keep fuckwits like you from breathing down their necks while telling them that they should never have been let into the institution.

Maybe next you could argue that someone being a racial minority is a risk factor to work efficiency, seeing as how they have a much higher rate of incarceration in the civilian world.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 4, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Oh just gently caress off already with this dumb poo poo. The joint chiefs and secdef have spoken.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mlmp08 posted:

Oh just gently caress off already with this dumb poo poo. The joint chiefs and secdef have spoken.

But my :biotruths:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Since Mark Levin is in the news on this page, it gives me a reason to post this

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Number Ten Cocks posted:

If the military was full of people like you they'd never get pregnant.

I think you might be onto something here.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Whats the Navy's stance on contraceptives? If there's nothing to do on the ocean but gently caress, might as well give them some condoms.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Xenoborg posted:

Whats the Navy's stance on contraceptives?

Anal?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Xenoborg posted:

Whats the Navy's stance on contraceptives? If there's nothing to do on the ocean but gently caress, might as well give them some condoms.

Typically sex underway is prohibited and I can't think of any time that it wouldn't be. However, women have free birth control and ship's medical has a ton of condoms that are pretty much available if you ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
GODDAMMIT WHY IS LINDSEY GRAHAM NOW THE BEST GOOD GUY THAT WE HAVE

THIS IS SO hosed

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/838059440884477952

• Locked thread