Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Ideally the All-star Game would just take the Rock n Jock format. I mean why tinker with perfection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Is Dario going to win rookie of the year

He should. He's putting himself clearly ahead of all the other rookies, although still well below Embiid obviously.

Jota fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 4, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

No one has ever tried hard in the all-star game, ever.

Yeah, but at one point they played a basketball game.

I mean like I need to step back because I really don't have that much stake in this but I feel like if you look at the last few years of the all star game and go 'eh no one ever tried it was always this bad' you're just not paying attention.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Allstars, christmas, regular season games, they all don't matter because the only games that matter are the ones that take place in june :cheerdoge:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

nice meltdown

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

mmmmmmmmMMMMMMM friday night knicks so good so fun so bright new york baby

https://twitter.com/bball_ref/status/837734402998288388?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

hot and spicy, what an unbridled genius this phil jackson is, so good

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Why do you have Ds all across your report card? Your teacher also called today and said you've been a distraction to all the kids during class lately, what is going on

Mom, don't you get it, I'm acting like a retard ON PURPOSE, now if you excuse me my plane is going to be here soon and I hear the temperature out south is really good right now

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://youtu.be/bf-wQ2VMxZA

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Liberty_Ballers/status/837864942858612737

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

I've been watching NBA basketball since around 1990 and every all-star game has basically been the same thing. It's a lot more blatant now but it's just an exhibition game with a lot of alley-oop attempts and cherrypicking. I liked it a lot more when I was a kid and I think that's the pattern with a lot of fans. Whatever time you started watching is when you thought the all-star game was great and it's been lovely ever since. That '03 game someone linked was poo poo, too. They kept feeding Jordan down the stretch to make some clutch play and he kept bricking jumper after jumper. Like 4 or 5 in a row. Then, simply by the law of averages, he hit some fadeaway jumper over a defender and the announcers went nuts. It was embarrassing.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

The only difference now is guys shoot so many boring-rear end threes, whereas before those were mostly uncontested creative fadeaways, alley-oops, and more dunks. Guys always gave just as little of a poo poo as they do now, but it looked slightly more like they did because they were doing something actually entertaining, instead of shooting the most boring shot in basketball 800 times in a row for 48 minutes

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/837987503890182144

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/CelticsDirect/status/837939117493219330?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Suck it Lakers! :drat:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Jaylen Brown looks like he's had a pretty decent gamelog for the last month. I don't think I've seen him play though. Anyone have comments on his play other than he comps well when compared to the struggling Ingram?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Libertine posted:

Jaylen Brown looks like he's had a pretty decent gamelog for the last month. I don't think I've seen him play though. Anyone have comments on his play other than he comps well when compared to the struggling Ingram?

He's started hitting his jumpers basically. He's got a long way to go though and is still closer to the Ingram end of the spectrum than the Avery Bradley end.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Libertine posted:

He's really improved since the beginning of the year. Shooting better and getting into the flow of the offense. Rebounds and defends well, especially for a rookie. Also, he's doing this on the 2nd best team in the conference. Contributing on a team like that is impressive anyway you look at it.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Apologies if it's been posted (I haven't seen it yet) but I just saw this upon waking up and I cannot stop laughing

Derrick Rose posted:

“I’m trying to put pieces of my game together,” Rose said Thursday after practice at Temple University. “You see I’m not shooting threes yet, but hopefully, [I’ll] start shooting them in the playoffs. It’s going to take a lot of sacrifice and dedication to get there, but I’m just adding pieces of my game throughout the season.”

DRose gonna fight back with his most potent weapon, his three point shot. In the playoffs.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Apologies if it's been posted (I haven't seen it yet) but I just saw this upon waking up and I cannot stop laughing

DRose gonna fight back with his most potent weapon, his three point shot. In the playoffs.

Making promises to hit a bunch of 3s as soon as you get to the playoffs is a smart move.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The all star game needs all of the defensive effort of Kobe's last game.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Making promises to hit a bunch of 3s as soon as you get to the playoffs is a smart move.

I can't stop reading the quote. It's amazing.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/AlvaroNBAMartin/status/838036829479788544

https://twitter.com/AlvaroNBAMartin/status/838035386203049985

Interesting

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
JR Smith is selected first overall in the expansion draft to the Tijuana Banditos

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I really don't see this happening. Players are not going to want to live in Mexico.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: if Mexico gets a team before Seattle

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

I really don't see this happening. Players are not going to want to live in Mexico.

That's what we said about Cleveland!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

76ers move to Mexico and Trump builds the wall with nothing but 7-foot tall prospects.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Imagine B2Bs that are Denver and Mexico City.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Would it be impossible for them to put a team in Tijuana and the players could just live in San Diego

Genuinely curious, don't know if it would be a ridiculous proposition due to visas

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

Would it be impossible for them to put a team in Tijuana and the players could just live in San Diego

Genuinely curious, don't know if it would be a ridiculous proposition due to visas

That would be a very very bad idea.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Mexico City is extremely lit and they would never lose a home game once they got a decent team together

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

That would be a very very bad idea.

You kidding me? Plop it right here. Beautiful.

e: Also it's obviously not a great idea I just wanted to know if it would be possible or not

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 4, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I wonder if the future of globalization leagues will be cities sharing teams. Like pairing a new expansion team in Seattle with Vancouver or something and they split the home games. they could go even do a pairing San Diego with somewhere in Mexico.
I wanna cheer for the Havanna-Miami Rafters

BWV fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 4, 2017

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

No one has ever tried hard in the all-star game, ever.

Jamaal Magloire would like to disagree.

Also, Saric is good. Let's just hope he's not the best healthy player on that team in two years.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Players barely want to play in Canada, why would they want to live in Mexico City?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Because Mexico City fuckin owns

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Paul Zuvella posted:

Players barely want to play in Canada, why would they want to live in Mexico City?
Yeah it's actually very sick and insanely cheap. However, the xenophobic establishment might not allow it.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Jack's Flow posted:

Jamaal Magloire would like to disagree.

Also, Saric is good. Let's just hope he's not the best healthy player on that team in two years.

I think Embiid will be fine once he learns to control how he lands and if they manage his minutes properly. They also will probably have 3 additional top #10 picks added to the team in the next 2 drafts.

TBH Holmes has impressed me.almost as much as Saric this year.

BWV posted:

I wonder if the future of globalization leagues will be cities sharing teams. Like pairing a new expansion team in Seattle with Vancouver or something and they split the home games. they could go even do a pairing San Diego with somewhere in Mexico.
I wanna cheer for the Havanna-Miami Rafters

Mexico City is more than big enough in terms of population+$$$ to support its own team and I don't think cities/owners will pony up millions for arenas if the team is only playing 20 games a year in the city.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I didn't know anyone was still positive about Embiids future health and could boil it down to landing properly.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Yea I wasn't thinking so much about Mexico City, more like mid size places. But I guess if a city already has an arena it probably has enough people to support a team for 42 games. It was just a crazy idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Paul Zuvella posted:

Canada is cold.

• Locked thread