Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it can't compete with the backflip in world's strongest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The actual best fight is Goku vs Jackie Chun.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

dipwood posted:

This first sequence with Goku/Trunks vs Goku Black/Zamasu was when I first started thinking that this series was good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC4oTK0sFuY

One thing I really liked about the zamas fights was that trunks actually used his sword a lot and very effectively, like it was a key part of his offense instead of something he used once.

the zamas saga was basically a dbz arc overall

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's Zamasu

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Awful

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm still used to Zamasu but Zamas is probably fine.

It's not like this is the first time a name has changed in a Dragon Ball localization.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
But why?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the u was probably just something that subbers assumed was part of the name

that's still really close compared to the usual zauomasu or whatever we'd normally get

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mirai Torunkusu

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

https://mobile.twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/status/835923996025753600

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

quote is not edit

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The fights against Black/Zamasu had a lot of really well-animated exchanges

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They can call him Zamasu, but he has an adorable nick name Zamas which only his best pal Gowasu uses.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rutibex posted:

They can call him Zamasu, but he has an adorable nick name Zamas which only his best pal Gowasu uses.

zamas' fusions bio calls him "gowas"

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.

Aurora posted:

It's Zamasu
:bisonyes:

Raxivace posted:

I dunno, I think that first fight against the Black/Zamasu tagteam is up there with the better fights in the original and Z.
This ningen fucks.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

But why? It's not like Goku is named Gok in English.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

tbf it looks like they'll be going with zamasu anyway, personally i prefer zamas and will use it until the appropriate dub/game appearance where the name is changed back happens

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is this giga drill break-er all over again

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tae posted:

Is this giga drill break-er all over again

like that case there's not much of a difference so it really doesn't matter which one they go with, i just thought contradicting someone with a fusions screenshot would be funny

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Kenshin vs Cell thing got me to watch Dub of the North Star and holy poo poo it's hilarious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Zamasu looks weird with that face and hair. Lousy ningens can't even fuse properly. :argh:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay I finished all 4 episodes of Dub of the North Star and it was extremely good poo poo, laughed out loud every episode.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm pretty sure the DLC trailer for Xenoverse 2 called him Zamasu, by the way. Fusions' localization was clearly super rushed so I wouldn't use it as an indicator of anything.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Goku actually has 2 'u's at the end in Japanese. Because of how Japanese syllables work all consonants(except for n) must always be followed by a vowel, even if the vowel sound is not really pronounced or has reduced emphasis. Which is commonly the case with vowels at the end of words. So in English we get Trunks instead of Torankusu, Beerus instead of Birusu, Goku instead of Gokuu, and Zamas instead of Zamasu.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 4, 2017

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Saturday is the day the new episodes air right? I usually wait a few weeks at a time to watch new episodes but I really wanna see the goku fight

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's Zamasu and xXxGowasu420xXx get it together video game

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Tonetta posted:

Saturday is the day the new episodes air right? I usually wait a few weeks at a time to watch new episodes but I really wanna see the goku fight

Airs Sunday afternoon in Japan, so it's usually available on Crunchyroll Saturday evening in the states.

Then you have to wait a certain amount of time for Crunchyroll to encode for your device of choice.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Okay I finished all 4 episodes of Dub of the North Star and it was extremely good poo poo, laughed out loud every episode.

it is the best abridged series and nothing will ever compare

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The only reason I haven't watched Dub of the North Star is because I suspect it will make me want to watch all of Fist of the North Star. I don't have the time for that...yet.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

read the loving manga

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ruggington posted:

it is the best abridged series and nothing will ever compare

I think the creator said he was coming back with another episode so that should be fantastic

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The never ending struggle of one extremely hungry man.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Raxivace posted:

The only reason I haven't watched Dub of the North Star is because I suspect it will make me want to watch all of Fist of the North Star. I don't have the time for that...yet.

At some point I hope you decide to watch all of Fist of the North Star, because it's incredibly good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZxk_ToK1MI&t=54s

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I was half expecting TO BE CONTINUED to show up at the end there.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i cant wait for goku to fight today!!!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I want my episode

Give me the goku

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Episodes over man, you just missed it.

Rules of the new tournament look interesting, I am glad they explained it in pictograms :v: I am also glad that battle royale is pronounced the same in English as Japanese.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

Hate-Senpai posted:

I've watched it at least a dozen times at this point and it never stops being funny. EP4 is so drat sharp.

RIP Marquis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Remember when using Kaioken with SSB was incredibly risky and potentially crippling, and should only be used as an absolute last resort in the most dire circumstances? Goku doesn't.

• Locked thread