Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

a bone to pick posted:

I also have all those games except watch dogs 2 and there's no stuttering whatsoever, I'm sorry for your dual-core gateway PC.

After people bitched about that No Man's Sky game needing SSE 4.1 (which has been on processors since 2007) you realize that most people who complain about every game being "unoptimized" are trying to play modern titles on a Pentium 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rutibex posted:

no bluetooth? did nintendo invent their own proprietary wireless standard for these joycons, or are they just no letting you use the features of the Android tablet you bought?

I was talking about audio. Try to follow along.

Also I didn't buy it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rutibex posted:

no bluetooth? did nintendo invent their own proprietary wireless standard for these joycons, or are they just no letting you use the features of the Android tablet you bought?

Guessing from the desyncing and other issues, their wireless technology is mostly prayer based.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

steinrokkan posted:

Guessing from the desyncing and other issues, their wireless technology is mostly prayer based.

The first Amish-enabled video game console

Runs on horse farts and prayer!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I haven't been following the news, is the Nintendo Switch still a stupid and bad idea and does it still have no games?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

uber_stoat posted:

I haven't been following the news, is the Nintendo Switch still a stupid and bad idea and does it still have no games?

Probably and yes.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

uber_stoat posted:

It has The legend of Zelda which is the greatest game ever, an Ethalon of entertainment

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
this thread is an ethalon of retardation

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016
Well it does have Breath of the Wild on it, so I'll give it that. Other than that there isn't much going for it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If Horizon and Zelda switched title names, Horizon would have 10s across the board and Zelda would be getting 8s.

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

If Horizon and Zelda switched title names, Horizon would have 10s across the board and Zelda would be getting 8s.

Thats true but Horizon is definitely a 10. I've been watching a playthrough of it and its sick. Sucks becuase I'm spoiling it, but its not like I'm gonna get a PS4 Im an XBOX dude.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
check out these scenes from the next legend of zelda

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

REALTHEWILL posted:

Thats true but Horizon is definitely a 10. I've been watching a playthrough of it and its sick. Sucks becuase I'm spoiling it, but its not like I'm gonna get a PS4 Im an XBOX dude.

you're all kinds of hosed up in the head aint ya?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

you're all kinds of hosed up in the head aint ya?

He's an Ethalon of head trauma

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ethanol is very entertaining.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I use my pc for minesweeper only

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Woof Blitzer posted:

I use my pc for minesweeper only

Same but my Nintendo Switch.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I will not switch (from watching video games to playing video games, because watching them is vastly superior in both entertainment and satisfaction).

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
450 bucks huh???? guess u gotta be Nintendo Rich

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I AM THE TOILET posted:

450 bucks huh???? guess u gotta be Nintendo Rich

Got a quarter charge - in my new Nintendo Switch
But that's alright, cause I'm gon' play
Got everythang - in my momma name
But I'm Nintendo Rich - dadah-dadah da-dah da-dah da-dah

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Seems like a lot of goons are very poor, maybe you should educate yourselves and get a better job so you can buy nintendo childs toy

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
we cant leave the house and mom takes half of our disability cheque, rear end in a top hat

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

rear end cobra posted:

Seems like a lot of goons are very poor, maybe you should educate yourselves and get a better job so you can buy nintendo childs toy

Can't hear you over the robot dinosaur death and female barbarian grunt sounds coming from my piece of plastic.

I can hear horse burn and young boy grunts from yours.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I posted itt and my post was deleted, neat.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

pants in my pants posted:

I posted itt and my post was deleted, neat.

a post so lovely that the forums became self-aware and deleted it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

rear end cobra posted:

all video games are for poor people. if you have money you can buy much more fun things, like land or exotic vacations

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I called goons manchildren I guess that hit a little too close "2" home.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
A friend with no impulse control picked up a switch and confirmed the joy cons are garbage meant for Japanese preteens. But that's okay since the pro controller for 70 bucks is available now!

No, you can't use the pro controller from the Wii U, the colors wouldn't match properly.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like this scam nintendo has been pulling off since the n64: ship with a lovely controller so you have to spend more money on a better one. gamecube did nothing wrong tho

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
It's pretty funny that Nintendo, the champion of "games to play with your friends", made two consoles in a row that only come with a single controller

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
nintendo is owned by sony so its win win

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

abigserve posted:

It's pretty funny that Nintendo, the champion of "games to play with your friends", made two consoles in a row that only come with a single controller

Nintendo is the ethalon of "Games you play with your friends"

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nuts and Gum posted:

A friend with no impulse control picked up a switch and confirmed the joy cons are garbage meant for Japanese preteens. But that's okay since the pro controller for 70 bucks is available now!

No, you can't use the pro controller from the Wii U, the colors wouldn't match properly.

They're great attached to the Switch, but I don't really like them on their own either. Didn't try the grip yet, I bought a Pro controller.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Haha what the gently caress

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I'm the company that designed both the hardware and software and somehow ended up with the software I designed doesn't run right on the hardware I also designed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Now that they are selling a pro controller that works, will they also be releasing a pro console that can play the games?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

In 2 years they'll probably build a Switch with a better GPU and a less retarded design. There should be some retail games for it besides Bomberman and Let's Dance by then too.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

a bone to pick posted:

I also have all those games except watch dogs 2 and there's no stuttering whatsoever, I'm sorry for your dual-core gateway PC.

The_Franz posted:

After people bitched about that No Man's Sky game needing SSE 4.1 (which has been on processors since 2007) you realize that most people who complain about every game being "unoptimized" are trying to play modern titles on a Pentium 3.

I have some sort of i7 processor and a gtx 970. *shrug* Maybe it's my paltry 8 gigs of ram that's causing the stuttering.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Honestly new Zelda is maybe a 7-8/10. Goons losing their minds over how amazing it is. A lot of the realism Skyrim whatever aspects like weather/temp affecting you and weapon durability are annoying as gently caress. I guess I prefer a more linear Zelda too. That's disregarding the poo poo graphics and fps

Still gonna give it an honest go and maybe it'll pick up idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Honestly new Zelda is maybe a 7-8/10. Goons losing their minds over how amazing it is. A lot of the realism Skyrim whatever aspects like weather/temp affecting you and weapon durability are annoying as gently caress. I guess I prefer a more linear Zelda too. That's disregarding the poo poo graphics and fps

Still gonna give it an honest go and maybe it'll pick up idk

Breath of the Wild owns and you are dumb.

• Locked thread