Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

omg chael crash posted:

How do the brothers know Lin Manual anyway?

He's been a fan of the show since before he was super big and even guested on it at one point complete with writing a song for them. I think he also guested on Still Buffering at some point too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

flatluigi posted:

He's been a fan of the show since before he was super big and even guested on it at one point complete with writing a song for them. I think he also guested on Still Buffering at some point too

Are you counting Ghost Horse as a writing a song or is there something else?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
He did guest on Still Buffering and was on I believe the first episode of Can I Pet Your Dog?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I'm disappointed that Griffin missed an NPC named Garyl who stands right outside of the hold in Orgrimmar

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Drunkboxer posted:

Are you counting Ghost Horse as a writing a song or is there something else?

Yep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDa8ZcXRKA

Here's the demo of it, sung by Lin.

(yes, I know it's a parody of the Guys and Dolls song)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/moopdrea/status/837884270685278208

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Didn't lmm know them when they were kids? Or am I making that up out of whole cloth?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's not a thing.

Also, I can't be the only one who hopes Lin Manuel Miraandyy is actually Lin.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, I can't be the only one who hopes Lin Manuel Miraandyy is actually Lin.

I also hope this

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Is there no Monster Factory this week?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Previa_fun posted:

Is there no Monster Factory this week?

Monster Factory has never had a set release schedule, but I do wonder if there's a Touch the Skyrim anytime soon.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

purple death ray posted:

Monster Factory has never had a set release schedule, but I do wonder if there's a Touch the Skyrim anytime soon.

At some point they decided to set an alternating Friday release for monster factory and touch the skyrim.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Swan Lake Algae Problem posted:

At some point they decided to set an alternating Friday release for monster factory and touch the skyrim.

Griffin said this in January and only adhered to the schedule like once

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I feel like Monster Factory takes longer to make because there's the added step of finding a game with a good enough character creator, as opposed to Peacecraft, Car Boys, and Touch the Skyrim, all of which use a single game.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah monster factory just happens when it happens

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I also think that Baby Henry is either: a) requiring some extra attention due to some medical condition (they've mentioned allergies and getting sick a few times) or b) having a newborn is a little more work than Griffin anticipated. He obviously works himself to death between all of the podcasts and videos he does, and I think the baby has made it difficult to keep up with his current workload.

As much as I love Griffin content, I feel bad for him that he's setting all of these super lofty deadlines because I know he hates to miss them. Take 'er easy, Griffin! Baby comes first!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

timp posted:

I also think that Baby Henry is either: a) requiring some extra attention due to some medical condition (they've mentioned allergies and getting sick a few times) or b) having a newborn is a little more work than Griffin anticipated. He obviously works himself to death between all of the podcasts and videos he does, and I think the baby has made it difficult to keep up with his current workload.

As much as I love Griffin content, I feel bad for him that he's setting all of these super lofty deadlines because I know he hates to miss them. Take 'er easy, Griffin! Baby comes first!

The obvious solution is to train his baby to become a podcast co-host in a few years. But slightly more seriously; I totally understand the longer breaks between Monster Factories at times, there aren't always a whole lot of good games for it and it's probably hard to think of a solid idea for a video.

Anyway, I finally caught up with Adventure Zone and oh man, that last plot twist had me grinning like a dummy. I saw it coming, I loving knew. But I was psyched for it anyway.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Nuebot posted:

Anyway, I finally caught up with Adventure Zone and oh man, that last plot twist had me grinning like a dummy.

Very rude to call out Magnus like that

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
All just a long term investment into the SmMcElroy dynasty

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qLReIGuqIE

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
These guys have legit changed how I live. I was only a little familiar with them up until fairly recently because I've never been into podcasts much (I tend to need a visual component or a long commute to listen to people talking at length). But I've been reading Polygon content for years and I've been following Monster Factory since last summer and Car Boys a bit later, so those were a really good segue as I became more familiar with their type of humor and output. Otherwise I'd only heard clips of MBMBaM and CoolGames Inc. on Youtube sporadically. Then I watched their Seeso show and was dying laughing at every episode, so it inspired me to catch up. So now I listen to old MBMBaM podcasts all day when I'm doing other stuff and it's turned me onto podcasting as a whole. I've gone through all 37 of their 2010 episodes in under a week. I really wish I'd gotten on this train earlier.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

To be fair to Griffo, Magnifique is a FANTASTIC name for a power set.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
So I've been roped into playing that new mobile Scrabble game. The sound effect it uses to let you know that it's your turn to play is the sound of rolling dice.

I learned this fact while re-listening to TAZ. I was getting really confused as to why I was hearing the boys roll more frequently than I had remembered.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Just a heads up if anyone's interested, the intro to the latest Besties is Justin telling a brief tale about getting his yellow belt, thus beginning his journey to become a living weapon.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
so remember how the brothers recorded a candlenights show for the season finale of the TV show, but then because it was the finale of the TV show they had to run another, way less prepared candlenights show, well that first candlenights show is this week's ep

http://www.maximumfun.org/my-brother-my-brother-and-me/mbmbam-345-face-2-face-candlenights-september

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So it's not the same as the one I heard a few months ago, right? Because I swear I heard the "here, Travis, we gave you Sad Libs for Candlelights!" before.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So it's not the same as the one I heard a few months ago, right? Because I swear I heard the "here, Travis, we gave you Sad Libs for Candlelights!" before.

no I'm almost positive it's new. I think last one the joke was just 'we aren't stopping you from bringing your holiday shame out', this one they were actively getting people to fake clap and laugh for it.

I assume this means next Candlenights they'll come full circle and all do SadLibs as his gift.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Which one was it where they cut sad libs from the show entirely because of an agreement with the venue? Was that a candlenights episode?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/838891600273162241

bibliophile
Feb 9, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Which one was it where they cut sad libs from the show entirely because of an agreement with the venue? Was that a candlenights episode?

That was the DC live show from last June.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I keep listening to the beginning of the NYC live show because the delivery on "Halo Reach...around my butt and grab my balls!" will never not make me laugh.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
This ep seems unfilmable, I don't know how they managed it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

rumble in the bunghole posted:

This ep seems unfilmable, I don't know how they managed it.

they barely used it in the actual episode

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Bc0VEwEvc

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

bibliophile posted:

That was the DC live show from last June.

Wait, what? What did cutting it have to do with the venue? I remember being surprised, but not altogether displeased, when the Sad Libs didn't make its appearance, but didn't know why they cut it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CronoGamer posted:

Wait, what? What did cutting it have to do with the venue? I remember being surprised, but not altogether displeased, when the Sad Libs didn't make its appearance, but didn't know why they cut it.

Stipulation in the venue contract that says part of the show has to be live only, or something.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Stipulation in the venue contract that says part of the show has to be live only, or something.

That's exactly it, I was there and heard them explain it. The venue stipulated that the show couldn't be recorded in full.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hugh Jackman's Huge Actin' became real.

https://twitter.com/RealHughJackman/status/839108592447995907

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

poop dood posted:

That's exactly it, I was there and heard them explain it. The venue stipulated that the show couldn't be recorded in full.

I was there too but must have missed that portion, thanks. It was pretty bad even by Sad Libs standards so I wasn't bummed out, but that's interesting to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

raandyy's following has grown wildly beyond his control