Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

buzz off kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's up with Samaje Perine? Dude had a f'n 470 yard game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Real Name Grover posted:

Let's make this a thing until he washes out of the league, guys :glomp:

I got beer and...fumbles?

edit:

Here's your avatar, goon who is unlucky enough to draft Mitchell.

Touchdown!

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 4, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

89 posted:

40 times are largely bullshit and have zero correlation to NFL success. It's good to see how prospects run, not their final score. Perine doesn't look that quick or fast and he's packing a poo poo ton of muscle on that frame.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

89 posted:

He owns

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

89 posted:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Anybody got a decent little ranking of the top RBs? With a class so supposedly loaded, it's hard to know anybody outside of Fournette, Cooks, and McCaffrey and the Sproles clone.

I guess somebody like Perine would normally be a 2nd rounder?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Perine does kinda own, to be honest.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

89 posted:

Anybody got a decent little ranking of the top RBs? With a class so supposedly loaded, it's hard to know anybody outside of Fournette, Cooks, and McCaffrey and the Sproles clone.

Mixon (Tyreek is in somebody will take him) and Kamara (who just hosed his 40) are the only other 2 names I've heard.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Perine kinda looks like he's 40.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Mixon (Tyreek is in somebody will take him) and Kamara (who just hosed his 40) are the only other 2 names I've heard.

Yeah Mixon's a first round talent who happens to like knocking women out. The guy from Texas, D'Onte Foreman, might end up as a pretty good bruiser type.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/837867201130545152

I hope he drops to us

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I hope the Lions draft a first-round tight end.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i'm assuming hospital worker means someone on the lower end of hospital workers

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

89 posted:

NFL guys generally compare testing results to last years. Knowing how each team truly values a prospect is a combination of espionage and telepathy. My personal rankings right now are like this:

1. Leonard Fournette - Top 25
2. Dalvin Cook - Top 25
3. Christian McCaffrey - Top 75
4. Joe Mixon - Top 75
5. Alvin Kamara - Top 75
6. Samaje Perine - Top 75
7. Jeremy McNichols - Top 100
8. T.J. Logan - Top 100
9. Joe Williams - Top 100
10. Stanley Williams - Top 150

So basically I see two sure fire first rounders, a few guys that I capped out as mid-third round picks, and a few guys that are going to probably go in the late third/late fourth.

As a side note there were a few guys that got a bad rap already in the combine. Kamara may have had a slow 40 time but he looked fluid in drills and led the RBs in vert and broad jump. McCaffrey had a piss-poor bench but everyone knows he's got a weak upper body and legs like a horse. T.J. Logan, Donnel Pumphrey, and Tarik Cohen all got worked as WRs at the end of the RB practice so you'll probably one of those guys go before the third round to some team that needs a versatility add on offense. McNichols kinda falls into that category too since he has a punt returners back ground. An intriguing guy is Stanley Williams who is getting Pumphrey comparisons but is somehow tinier. Ran a slower 40 time than expected but he might be the smallest guy the draft has had since Sproles. Dalvin Cook by far had the best combine out of any of them but will probably get drafted behind Fournette since Fournette's a monster.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Shangri-Law School posted:

I hope the Lions draft a first-round tight end.

You're gonna draft jake butt because of the hometown hero angle and you're gonna like it

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Kamara's highlights lead me to think he's just a solid 3rd down back. Not an every down back. Catches the ball well, has good speed. But, seems like the o-line is doing most of the work from what I can tell. Maybe I'm not looking at the right things. Somebody described him as a "Big Shady McCoy" and there was nothing Shady that I saw in the highlights that every other back does with a slight juke here and there. Few times he's rolling off guys for a few extra yards doesn't seem like that would translate to the NFL where he would be down on first contact from a NFL linebacker.

Christian McCaffrey, though....that dude is shiffftyyyy. Love his patience, too.

89 fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Mar 4, 2017

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Doltos posted:

Of course I overslept and missed 3 hours of the combine today

Dumb bitch!!!!!!!!!!!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Are we doing a mock draft this year?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Mahomes, Trubisky and Watson about to start doing running/jumping drills. I have no idea what I'm looking for in QB drills so I will refrain from commenting on the previous group.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
John Ross just ran an unofficial 4.22 40. And blew a hamstring or something it looks like.

e: Maybe he's fine, he sure looked gimpy after he finished his jog after the run.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That was an incredible run.

I hope he isn't hurt.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Grittybeard posted:

John Ross just ran an unofficial 4.22 40. And blew a hamstring or something it looks like.

Just saw that. Wow.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Grittybeard posted:

e: Maybe he's fine, he sure looked gimpy after he finished his jog after the run.

Was about to post this. Guy can move.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So he gets an island now.

Edit: I guess not, he didn't wear adidas shoes, instead Nike.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just cramps.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He called his shot too.

quote:

The former Washington wide receiver said Friday he plans to break 4.3 when he shows NFL scouts the blazing speed that helped him become the Pac-12's most dangerous wide receiver in 2016. And it's not as though he's never done it before. UW staff clocked him at times in the 4.2s both before and after the knee injury that wiped out his 2015 season.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

He doesn't look like he went faster than Chris Johnson.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Peppers is going to work out with the LBs and then come back the next day and do the DB workouts. Cool. I'm going to assume this is not a common thing to do

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

b0ng posted:

He doesn't look like he went faster than Chris Johnson.

NFL did a comparison and it doesn't look like he did.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Wow official time is 4.22 beating out Chris Johnson's 4.24

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Lol at not wearing Adidas

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
4.22 is now official. They had Ross simulcast with Dri Archer's 4.26 time and they looked exactly the same, but it's such a minor difference so :shrug:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jesus Christ, John Ross! What a time. His ball skills are incredible, too.

I was sort of hoping he'd have a not great combine so he could fall to the Hawks, but that would have been a luxury option anyway. No way he's getting out of the top 12 now, barring a gasmask bong situation.

Congrats to him, and here's hoping he gets drafted anywhere but the NFC West.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
John Ross's 40 didn't even look that bad either. As in he looked stable running it. That's nuts.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
sports reporter, to Josh Dobbs: So you had an amazing year...
Me, irl: *literally spits beer out in a spray, laughs uncontrollably*

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Are we doing a mock draft this year?

There was some discussion of it a while back. I ran last year's and it went pretty well, so I'd be willing to do it again if no one else wants to do it. I think I started the actual drafting at the end of March/start of April, and we got into the fifth round.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
John Ross loving owns

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Benne posted:

John Ross loving owns

Hell yeah he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU