Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I used SSB Link thinking it would give me some sweet gear / fish again but it gave me Epona and I was like on top of a giant mesa that was over another mesa and entirely too far away from a stable so goodbye horsie and hopefully I can resummon you again once more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I think I've been steeped in spoilers too much. Yesterday when I was watching the speedrunner who currently has the WR I was so good at giving information and suggestions that the runner was surprised when I mentioned I don't have the game.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Akett posted:

I think I've been steeped in spoilers too much. Yesterday when I was watching the speedrunner who currently has the WR I was so good at giving information and suggestions that the runner was surprised when I mentioned I don't have the game.

This makes me smile

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How do you bring your shield back up while using a two-handed weapon? I've seen myself doing it before, but I don't know how.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How do you bring your shield back up while using a two-handed weapon? I've seen myself doing it before, but I don't know how.

B to sheathe your weapon then lock on again.

I literally just remembered you can shieldboard but I have no idea how to

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

B to sheathe your weapon then lock on again.

I literally just remembered you can shieldboard but I have no idea how to

Bring out your shield, jump, and hit A while in midair. Or in short, ZL + X + A

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
and its amazing :allears:

and then you slide off a cliff to a glide :perfect:

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I think it may rain too drat much in this game. Multiple times I've been doing some serious mountain climbing and when I'm almost at the top it starts raining and I am forced to wait it out or abandon my progress because I just slip off the rock face.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

I think it may rain too drat much in this game. Multiple times I've been doing some serious mountain climbing and when I'm almost at the top it starts raining and I am forced to wait it out or abandon my progress because I just slip off the rock face.

There IS a weather tracker in the bottom right for that reason, you know. But yeah I do feel it rains a lot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's because it looks so pretty

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Question before I spend more money or make a trip to Gamestop: is anyone else having huge issues with the left joycon? I'm getting everything from the joystick not responding to the connection dropping entirely. I don't think it's the game but wanted to confirm. My kingdom for a pro controller for Switch right now...

E: Also if anyone's heard of any calibration tips or things to do to fix it at home I'd love to know.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Calaveron posted:

I used SSB Link thinking it would give me some sweet gear / fish again but it gave me Epona and I was like on top of a giant mesa that was over another mesa and entirely too far away from a stable so goodbye horsie and hopefully I can resummon you again once more

Once per day, so no big deal.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

For those who have climbed the Coliseum Ruins : Are all that is up here really just two chests with random stuff? Even the mountain it is on didn't have anything from my first look around.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lord Ephraim posted:

I don't think there's a single person that did it the way it was meant to. Instead using the maze as a bat or the underside to roll the ball onto the platform. Nintendo we've gone through this, no one likes forced gyro mini games.

The fact that the Switch supports motion controls is the largest reason I decided not to buy a Switch. If they're there, devs will use them. And motion controls suuuuuuuuck.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ColdPie posted:

The fact that the Switch supports motion controls is the largest reason I decided not to buy a Switch. If they're there, devs will use them. And motion controls suuuuuuuuck.

Counterpoint: Gyro aiming is superior to stick aiming.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ColdPie posted:

Jokes on you, a few of the shrines require gyro controls and make you pick up the gamepad if you're playing on wii u

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

jivjov posted:

Counterpoint: Gyro aiming is superior to stick aiming.

Is there any big trick to this? Controls feel way more garbo compared to the original Wii or WiiU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Shield surfing is dumb cause it wrecks your shield so quick. I did it once, had a blast, then had my really nice shield I was saving for boss fights crack on me. I am now inexplicably angry and anyone who shield surfs is an idiot and shouldn't be having fun.

Some guy on another forum unironically said the Switch is great cause it fits really neatly with the Joycons in his cargo pants. The thought of a dude in his late 20's whipping out a Switch from his massive cargo pant pockets is kinda funny.

Zora Questline spoilers: Spend 45 minutes trekking to the god drat Zora palace. Was a bitch to do cause those Goblins had one-shot rayguns of death. Anyways, get there, then go off to fight Lynel. I managed to snap a pic of him right as he's about to smash into me. I die. Reload, snap a sneaky beaky pic and then save. I go to attack him, I die. Repeat another 4 times. My 5th time fighting him, I play like a drat God. I'm getting consecutive flurry blows, I had a combo of 5 in a row, just dodging every attack he threw at me perfectly. Lynel decides this poo poo is stupid and whips out his big "gently caress off" bow and then instakills me with one arrow. Fairies revive me, I try and channel my inner God to dodge the next shot like a champ. I eat arrow and die again.

How the gently caress do I dodge his arrows? And IIRC, blocking with a shield doesn't help cause I get zapped and drop all my poo poo.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

havenwaters posted:

Jokes on you, a few of the shrines require gyro controls and make you pick up the gamepad if you're playing on wii u

Yeah, and they suck.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought they were pretty fun.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Where can I find traveler's swords for the quest? The internet says great plateau bokoblins, but I've scoured the whole place and they just have clubs and such. One blue one has a soldier's sword.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
YOU CAN RIDE A loving BEAR AAHHHHHHH

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just got killed by the bear instead :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nice maze you got there, would be a shame if I just went to the top and dropped at the exit. :smug:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nice maze you got there, would be a shame if I just went to the top and dropped at the exit. :smug:

I love cheesing stuff in this game. You get beaten by a puzzle enough times, that one time you discover a cheese method, it makes you feel so happy cause you're basically giving a big "gently caress you" to that puzzle. I had this really frustrating gyroscope puzzle where you had to roll a ball out from a maze, and then let it gain speed on a straight bit of maze, and then flick up the platform so it could jump and make a gap. I kept loving it up cause the gyro controls were frustrating. In the end I discovered you could spawn the ball in on the rail and just roll it to the left and it'd clear the gap just by itself. Felt good, mang.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so like, regarding lore

It feels somewhat strange that since their introduction in Ocarina of Time, they held fast to the whole "the Sheikah are either nearly extinct or in hiding and the only one you ever see" to... well... the entire population of Kakariko Village BEING Sheikah and dressing and being referred unamabiguously as such and showing their day to day lives, and on top of that there are more living throughout Hyrule.

And then there's the evil Sheikah clan who worship Ganon.

It's kind of a huge paradigm shift.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I loving hate that clan. I'm not longer a naive and happy citizen of this world. Now I'm looking at everyone expecting the worst from them. Can't even trust loving banana merchants anymore, what has the world come to. The conversation always starts off so happily and then they get angry Asian face and try to stab me.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

WHY do they keep dropping bananas? Like it's not even just the merchants. Every single one of them drops bananas. It feels like there's a joke I'm not getting.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Can I get a list of the animals you can ride. Gotta know if mountain goat is an option

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 4, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

TFRazorsaw posted:

so like, regarding lore

It feels somewhat strange that since their introduction in Ocarina of Time, they held fast to the whole "the Sheikah are either nearly extinct or in hiding and the only one you ever see" to... well... the entire population of Kakariko Village BEING Sheikah and dressing and being referred unamabiguously as such and showing their day to day lives, and on top of that there are more living throughout Hyrule.

And then there's the evil Sheikah clan who worship Ganon.

It's kind of a huge paradigm shift.

Impa or someone in Kakariko mentions that there was a 10 000 year gap between appearances of Ganon that lead to hyrule becoming advanced enough to create the guardians and the divine beasts. Certainly would give them enough time to revive the clan back to its former glory.

My bigger lore gripe at the moment is the fact that both Rito and Zora are around at the same time. I hope I get some answers when i visit those regions.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I feel like I totally missed whatever tells me how to make elixirs without randomly guessing can someone spoiler me a clue where said person/event is so I don't ruin things trying to find an answer online.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, it's just I'm amused at the complete paradigm shift in how the Sheikah are handled. I hope they continue playing a role in things.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

My bigger lore gripe at the moment is the fact that both Rito and Zora are around at the same time. I hope I get some answers when i visit those regions.

If we we came from Zora! Why are there still Zora

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I actually thought the rain was kind of lame looking at first until I saw and thunderstorm.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
It's fuckin obnoxious how often it rains, given that climbing is such a big part of the game

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Was anyone else super nervous when they tried to cook a fairy?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also re: the blood moon

why are moons in this franchise always terrible

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

If the game world is as large as the great plateau, filling in all the uncovered regions on the map, i'll be happy.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

LethalGeek posted:

I feel like I totally missed whatever tells me how to make elixirs without randomly guessing can someone spoiler me a clue where said person/event is so I don't ruin things trying to find an answer online.

I don't think anyone tells you. It's just in the item descriptions. Mix an insect/critter with a monster part (horn, claw, etc). You'll get the effect the critter advertises. There may be other ways too but this definitely works. Drop in an apple or something to get hp out of it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Hihohe posted:

Was anyone else super nervous when they tried to cook a fairy?

*jaw drops in horror* What did you DO?!