Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
While waiting for SRWV to arrive, decided to work on my 4th playthrough of SRWZ3.1 and finally got platinum in the game. Woo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I was expecting Black Mightgaine's Ace bonus to be identical to Gaine's, and I couldn't have been more wrong. He casts a free Bravery once he reaches 150 Focus. That's pretty good.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm curious. Don't tell me any other details. I'm in the UCW plotline right now. Does Souji(/I guess Chitose if you're Souji) ever come onscreen again or is he just going to spend the entire rest of the game fishing?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

I'm curious. Don't tell me any other details. I'm in the UCW plotline right now. Does Souji(/I guess Chitose if you're Souji) ever come onscreen again or is he just going to spend the entire rest of the game fishing?

Yes, they show up again.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Wow my game actually showed up today. Considering Amazon's two day shipping usually takes an extra day to reach me, Play-Asia's free shipping getting here in a week is crazy. I still can't believe I'm about to play an English SRW that isn't OG or a fan translation. Perfect time for a 2-week vacation too.

I'm really excited for a new female protagonist that doesn't get the story pulled out from under her halfway through the game. Hopefully.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

considering someone just asked if the male lead was going to spend the entire game fishing on her route, i dont think you have anything to worry about

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EGSunBro posted:

I'm really excited for a new female protagonist that doesn't get the story pulled out from under her halfway through the game. Hopefully.

No concerns there. She is a more on-the-side protagonist than most recent games because the original villains are not 100% dominating the plot but her story is entirely hers if you pick her route.

She is also pretty awesome.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

considering someone just asked if the male lead was going to spend the entire game fishing on her route, i dont think you have anything to worry about

I'm only halfway through the game, you never know.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I didn't see that question, but that's a big relief. Z2 and 3 were disappointing after Z1 in that regard. I don't play the OG series anymore either so it's been quite a while since a real female MC. Chitose already seems likable enough a couple missions in.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EGSunBro posted:

I didn't see that question, but that's a big relief. Z2 and 3 were disappointing after Z1 in that regard. I don't play the OG series anymore either so it's been quite a while since a real female MC. Chitose already seems likable enough a couple missions in.

Yeah, V kind of goes too far in the opposite direction in that the original villain faction is pretty thin and basic but that is a huge relief after Z2 and Z3 so I don't mind.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I feel like several games' worth of good quality originals got dumped into Insalum in Z2-2 because nothing since has come even remotely close.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
How do I create a Singapore account for the DLC and stuff?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

How do I create a Singapore account for the DLC and stuff?
if you're on ps4, just make a junk email account and register a new psn account and set the region as singapore. look up a random pizza hut in singapore or something for the address. that's about it.

if you're on vita, lol.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

if you're on ps4, just make a junk email account and register a new psn account and set the region as singapore. look up a random pizza hut in singapore or something for the address. that's about it.

if you're on vita, lol.

It's not like it's any different to make the account on Vita.

It's just the hoop jumping to access it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Nanai of all people popping up in V is legit surprising.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Endorph posted:

if you're on vita, lol.

Worth mentioning that it's all in English too, so it's a lot easier than say making a JPN account

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

RoyalScion posted:

Definitely feel like Supers come out ahead since a lot of enemy units are pretty accurate and dodgy, so a lot of the time you have to use spirits; in that case why not save a defensive spirit and just facetank with armor + prevail.

I think there are more powerful Supers in this one than Reals, but the usual suspects like the Strike Freedom are still busted beyond belief. Judau also gets Soul before some people get Valor, so he and the ZZ Gundam are good as hell too!

ImpAtom posted:

The Cross Ange world is explicitly the shittiest place in the world populated by the shittiest people and its villain is considered the shittiest person by literally every single person in the world. It's pretty impressive how all-in they are for "no, really, these people suck"

It's exhausting because the betrayals and counter-betrayals and counter-counter-counter betrayals all take place at such a breakneck pace, but I did like Hilda and Ange bonding over everything being garbage. Also Vivian is a good girl.

Luceid fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 4, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Luceid posted:

Also Vivian is a good girl.
Though just a few frames of her cut-in makes me think she is holding some serious poo poo back.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I have to give the writers credit because deciding to turn a public execution into a rock concert is exactly the sort of hilariously crass poo poo the Mana populace would go for.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Man, the FA Gundam TB version's attacks in GGG are really cool. Too bad the suit can't purge (and is a OYW suit).

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Though just a few frames of her cut-in makes me think she is holding some serious poo poo back.

Hell, that convinced me she's even cooler than she first appeared to be!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the hosed up part of this game is that this isnt an attack

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Luceid posted:

Hell, that convinced me she's even cooler than she first appeared to be!
I mean, I assumed she would be. No one could be in that situation and be that chipper without some serious emotional problems below the surface.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

the hosed up part of this game is that this isnt an attack

vivian and sousuke insane on-foot antics spinoff when

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Luceid posted:

Objection!

She's falling through the air. No feet involved.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luceid posted:

only if the dude with the dreads from linebarrels can come

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Endorph posted:

only if the dude with the dreads from linebarrels can come

Jack is a robot and thus doesn't qualify.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Prism posted:

Jack is a robot and thus doesn't qualify.

Vivian is a dragon, though. Does she qualify?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Supremezero posted:

Vivian is a dragon, though. Does she qualify?

I try to ignore as much about Cross Ange as possible, so I was unaware.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

holy poo poo lmao at Setsuna F Seiei telling Tusk to gently caress off outta the way while Hilda is confessing her love to Ange. I love this game, you guys. It knows what's good.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Uuuugh. I appear to have gotten the normal ending. Despite having somewhere in the ballpark of 50 Aces. And around 20 Great Aces, for that matter.

gently caress unknown ending requirements. Just tell us what you want, game! :argh:

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 5, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Do you actually get to use the Yamato cannon or is it cutscene-only?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Broken Loose posted:

Do you actually get to use the Yamato cannon or is it cutscene-only?

You get to use it.

For exactly one mission.

Unless you get the true ending, apparently, you get to use it whenever you want there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's understandable why as the Wave Motion Cannon is "break the 4-digit power cap" strong.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ImpAtom posted:

It's understandable why as the Wave Motion Cannon is "break the 4-digit power cap" strong.

That's the thing-- they say it can destroy continents, but I was expecting it to show up around the time as Shin Getter Scythe or insert planet destroying attack here.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Broken Loose posted:

That's the thing-- they say it can destroy continents, but I was expecting it to show up around the time as Shin Getter Scythe or insert planet destroying attack here.

Well, the mission you can use it during is the final Invader mission. So it is actually around that time!

Not that the attack you're referring to is in this game. It's substituted with Shin Shine Spark.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I kinda want to try to beat SD Gundam G Generation Genesis' campaigns without using mobile suits. Just planes and tanks(I think the attack helicopter might be an optimal pick on some missions though due to the anti-ground weapon).

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

when the chips are down and the galaxy is in danger, i believe in the power of vivian to save us all

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Luceid posted:

when the chips are down and the galaxy is in danger, i believe in the power of vivian to save us all

Maybe they should scale back the attack power inflation in SRW someday I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe they should scale back the attack power inflation in SRW someday I dunno.

To be fair, it took a FUB to bring her to four inventory slots and a bunch of bought items to pump the base number that high, but nothing is too much for the bravest and best member of that god-forsaken island.

• Locked thread