Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CoffeeBooze posted:

Wait, so one of these weirdos was e-stalking people so he could post their pictures inside his base in Rust? That is some hilarious levels of creepy.

Is it e-stalking when they link their Facebook in their Steam?

Glenn Quebec posted:

This is fair but the fact they are doubling down, budget-wise on this game makes me happy.
Oh yeah I have 1000% more confidence in Funcom than I do FacePunch at this point. Conan will be very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Taylor Swift posted:

Is it e-stalking when they link their Facebook in their Steam?

You went through their steam profile looking for personal information, followed that back to their Facebook and god knows what else, then pilfered their profiles of their personal data. If thats not stalking I dont know what is.

This thread is a hoot.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Taylor Swift can e stalk me any day. :bigtran:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CoffeeBooze posted:

You went through their steam profile looking for personal information, followed that back to their Facebook and god knows what else, then pilfered their profiles of their personal data. If thats not stalking I dont know what is.

This thread is a hoot.

In my defense, it was Cal Worthington, not me.

Glenn Quebec posted:

Taylor Swift can e stalk me any day. :bigtran:

Already got a sizeable dossier on you

dossier is slang for my dingus

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CoffeeBooze posted:

This thread is a hoot.

Did they find his furaffinity page?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

No, but I hope they find mine. Reowr.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
The full nudity has brought tea bagging to a whole new level.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

This thread sucks

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Ruggan posted:

This thread sucks

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CoffeeBooze posted:

No, but I hope they find mine. Reowr.

Just post the link here, what's your fursona, this is a safe place.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
lol you can no longer cheese into bases by jumping on top of explosive jars :v:

raiding is now even more impossible than ever. :wooper:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

lol you can no longer cheese into bases by jumping on top of explosive jars :v:

raiding is now even more impossible than ever. :wooper:

good thing gods are easy to get.

the guys we've been raiding on 178 on repeat are gonna get godded now.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Just got home and updating the EU server for today's patch.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
14gb patch :stare:

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Rearranging the textures or something. A bunch of bug fixes but no major changes otherwise.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Wow this thread got really dumb again for a bit there.

I'm taking a break from this game for awhile to let them do some balance passes for avatars and raiding. I can't wait for them to implement the player capture system and forced castrations as well. I'll be very disappointed if you aren't able to force feed your prisoners their own severed balls.

On another note, some of the old-school Ark goons may get a kick out of this

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Changelog:

NOTE:
Graphical materials and textures were re-calculated in this build, which will result in a large download size (~14gb). We apologize for the inconvenience.

TL;DR (Patch Highlights)
EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer jump on top of exploding jars -not without consequences that is...
EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer repeatedly harvest your own body
EXPLOIT TEMPFIX: Temporarily disabled the pike alternate attack while we fix the exploit

Item names and item descriptions localizations are fixed
Servers should now startup faster
Asian servers are now running on hardware located in Asia. The game databases have been transferred over so the only change should be
improved latency / lower ping for Asian players
Added region-specific button for renting game servers from our preferred partner G-portal for Europe, Russia and Asia

Server Settings

Added ability to restrict PvP time on a server
Added ability to set start time, end time and specific days for when PvP is enabled on a server
Added ability to restrict when players may damage buildings owned by other players
Added ability to set start time, end time and specific days for when players may damage the buildings owned by other players
Added ability to restrict avatar summoning on a server
Added ability to set start time, end time and specific days for when avatars can be summoned
Added ability to modify damage caused by NPCs
Added ability to modify damage caused by players

Server Browser

Last played server is sorted to the top of the serverlist
Favorite servers are now marked with a star in front to more easily distinguish them
Official servers are sorted to the top when using the "internet" filter
Playercount now sorts by current players first and max players second
Added region-specific button for renting game servers from our preferred partner G-portal for Europe, Russia and Asia
Show Invalid Servers should no longer get situations where it hides valid servers
Valid servers can no longer be shown incorrectly as invalid

Performance and Tech Fixes
Servers should now startup faster
Game client memory optimizations
Fixed crashes related to server startup
Possible fix for an issue with server startup that could result in server wipes. Please let us know if this issue persists!

General Bug Fixes and Improvements
You can now partially repair buildings if you don't have all the different ingredient types
Placeables can now auto-align with the ground if you press the middle-mouse button. This will be rebindable in the next patch (see Known Issues)
It should now be possible to destroy Mitra and Set altars again
Add stronger hit confirm to arrow hits, both to object hit and to crosshair
Crossbows should now fire properly
Captured Thralls should now spawn once again
Relic rocks in starting desert now have collision
Added item icons to the ingame cheat menu as well as highlighting on the currently selected item

Balance and Gameplay Fixes
EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer jump on top of exploding jars -not without consequences that is...
Fixed more issues where accessing underwater corpses was not possible
Fixed some issues with Explosive Jar damage to buildings. Some pieces would block damage weirdly, and you could have the wrong pieces taking damage or being destroyed.
Wells should no longer block building around them
EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer repeatedly harvest your own body
EXPLOIT TEMPFIX: Temporarily disabled the pike alternate attack while we fix the exploit

Text and Localization

New Dialogues and Translations
Add Subtitles to all Voiced Lore objects in the game
Item names and item descriptions localizations are fixed

Visual Improvements
Added two new female hairstyles
Added one new male hairstyle
Fixed various floating rocks and grass issues
Tweaked size of fiber bed and added a destructible mesh
Added missing weapon trails for certain weapons
Various tweaks to river volumes

Known Issues
Newly added binds or redefined default binds from us will not be updated if a player has changed their default keybindings. They have to delete their Input.ini to get the new bindings. We're working on a fix for this issue.
You can get a female player characters with male voices. This is fixed in the next patch.
Some players are unable to build shrines in single-player mode
NPCs can sometimes chase players into the water.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also, dope new bug that turns the game into a glorified chat room. Whenever you press E the game sends you back to main menu.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Inkel posted:

Good loving god I pity whatever server has her on it. They are all sorts of hosed.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Those server settings changes are pretty dope. I wonder what the avatar restriction is though? They already allowed you to turn them off. Is it just the times you can use them like the PVP timers?

Also taking a break from this game until more stuff is added. Rust has had a poo poo ton of stuff come down the pipe since Conan launched, so gotta check that out...

Inkel posted:

That girl is a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a frenzied killing machine.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Steam forums are lit AF right now. The old bug of ''anything not attached to a foundation gets deleted'' is back. My guess is if Funcom doesn't roll back the officials they will probably all die. Don't know how unofficial are handling this bug but on 178 folks are pissed. The largest clan besides us just told me they are quitting if nothing happens hahahahaha.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Mar 3, 2017

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

Steam forums are lit AF right now. The old bug of ''anything not attached to a foundation gets deleted'' is back. My guess is if Funcom doesn't roll back the officials they will probably all die. Don't know how unofficial are handling this bug but on 178 folks are pissed. The largest clan besides us just told me they are quitting if nothing happens hahahahaha.

That's stupid. There are going to flat out be wipes in the future I'm sure, no use getting your panties all in a wad.

EDIT: not you, I meant you as a generalist term.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

They just need to say wipes are going to happen every month like Rust

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Funcom Dev posted:

The good news is that we now know that the decay system works.

:lol:

I don't know why this is so funny but it is

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
TBH they should wipe every patch that mechanically/substantially changes mechanics that deal with the way players interact. If anyone cries about it point to the Early Access tag.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kimsemus posted:

TBH they should wipe every patch that mechanically/substantially changes mechanics that deal with the way players interact. If anyone cries about it point to the Early Access tag.

I agree but you know most people won't.
EA should always be treated like a beta because it is. Everything is subject to change.

That being said, I think this game is so surprisingly polished for an EA survival game, wipes seem kinda weird.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

EA has become such a huge part of buzz building for games that it really isnt a beta any more, even though it should be. Developers really, really do not wan to piss off their player base during the EA period and have their review scores tanked.

This is starting to feel like a Funcom game, which I suppose is appropriate.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Problem is that officials will die. Sure poo poo like this will happen because 1 it is early access and 2, it is a Funcom. But 178 was in the process of dying, this bug shot it in the head and pushed the body overboard.

I would gladly accept a wipe, but it isn't really a wipe since the salt is still there. poo poo shack bases still line the country side and the one unraidable and ungodable location still has a loving base on it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I just want to say that this thread is bad and if people don't stop importing off-site drama and bitching about who actually got banned for what then I'll gas it. Stick to talking about the game. Ask yourself - would reading what you posted be interesting to somebody who isn't involved with some e-slap-fight and came here just to talk about the game? No? Then discuss it on Discord or your guild forum or whatever because nobody cares.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lol at KoreaGirl. I remember some of those Ark bases... Never change you crazy diamond.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
The rest firstborn creeps upon you. I'll watch

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Also reinstalling ark right now

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I was just thinking that I really miss the torpor system from ARK. There's a bunch of level 50 Chinese with a base under the mountain by the Stygian city, and I've got a bed on a cliff not to far away, and it'd be nice to be able to punch them unconscious and take their undoubtedly duped stuff.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yeah torpor or equivalent would be a great equalizer. It was one of the things that made Ark so fun. Couldn't kill anyone in seconds but if you caught someone off guard you could definitely knock them out which would win you a fight in 1v1 / ambushes.

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

There is a setting for private servers that makes characters stay in the world when they logout, and they basically just lie there unconscious until logging in.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Not the same at all, and also default behavior on official.

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

What's the motivation to play on an official server in the first place? From what I've read the exploiting and lack of admin support for a buggy game like Conan can make the game into purified poo poo. Add to that the grind at 1x experience and gather rates...it just seems like a conan themed torture chamber.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Space Monster posted:

What's the motivation to play on an official server in the first place? From what I've read the exploiting and lack of admin support for a buggy game like Conan can make the game into purified poo poo. Add to that the grind at 1x experience and gather rates...it just seems like a conan themed torture chamber.

I play in the asia region, so for me the attraction is a server that will probably still be here next week. I've got a pretty secure cliff setup and I'm just waiting out the exploits being fixed. RN there's some mainlanders building underground bases around the stygian city so there's no real reason to play, unfortunately there's no better unofficial alternative for this region. vOv

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
http://www.pcgamer.com/conan-exiles-director-says-player-penises-could-have-hitboxes-but-we-just-havent-done-it/

Conan Exiles director says player penises could have hitboxes but 'we just haven't done it'

quote:

"People went wild because I said in one of the Reddit AMAs something about castration. But the idea for the castration is actually more... when you've killed somebody, you can click the body and you can say 'harvest trophy' and you might get an ear or a dick or a foot or a hand. Like, it's not necessarily going to always be... and it won't be a dick if it's a female anyway, right?

"It's more like a harvest trophy system," Bylos explained. "I do want to allow people to build a necklace of dicks they can wear. Why not? It's fun."

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lmao talk about priorities

• Locked thread