Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

they didn't do that.

yes they did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

he actually called Mexico "rape central" and said Jeb Bush was married to a rapist

Tbf I don't think the retarded can consent.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mnoba posted:

yes they did

nope. but you're a loving dumbass so keep going "they did so".

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

you should probably wonder why the racists endorse a guy.

you can spend all day dreaming of what the kkk does friend knock yourself out

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't have to. it's because he ran a racist campaign.

that question was almost rhetorical the answer was self evident. sorry your brain don't work :(

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
hrc also ran a racist campaign and is a racist, we all watched it in 2008 were you paying attention then?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mnoba posted:

i will acknowledge those things yes, now will you acknowledge those same racists exists in the democrat part, including hrc?

why are republicans still obsessed with bringing up Hillary as if she were relevant in any way

y'all are straight up going Cadaver Synod on that [gendered slur]

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mnoba posted:

hrc also ran a racist campaign and is a racist, we all watched it in 2008 were you paying attention then?

See, Robert Byrd was a member of the KKK in the 1940's, so the democrats are just as

wait how are you using a computer if you're still stuck in the last century, do you even have internet in the decade you're posting from

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

See, Robert Byrd was a member of the KKK in the 1940's, so the democrats are just as

wait how are you using a computer if you're still stuck in the last century, do you even have internet in the decade you're posting from

Don't you know that the DEMONRATS actually started the KKK :smug:

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

why are republicans still obsessed with bringing up Hillary as if she were relevant in any way

y'all are straight up going Cadaver Synod on that [gendered slur]

i dunno, i'm bored waiting for my beer to get cold so we start watching dr strange at home. we sprung 5 bucks extra for the blu-ray :colbert:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mnoba posted:

you may honestly believe that, but her campaign did not invent birtherism (a loving campaign aide was fired for emailing about that shityou moron). you don't know anything.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Groovelord Neato posted:

nope. but you're a loving dumbass so keep going "they did so".

You've resorted to name calling? This thread has hit a new low.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

im not sure how flat out denying that democrats, including Hillary, have occasionally pandered to racists (which they absolutely have) is helping anyone. But they haven't made it one of their core values like Republicans have for decades.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
trump hosed status: not, in fact, hosed

obama hosed status: SUPER MEGA KAMEHAMEHA FUKKKED:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fog Tripper posted:

He is the president because he won an election legally fair and square. He is now trying to do the things he promised to do if elected.

Why do you hate democracy? Did you mistake this thread for D&D?

You're dumb. He won because the electoral system is garbage. He won in a way that is completely undemocratic. Donnie tiny hands winning wasn't "democracy". In addition, even if he were a legitimate president: That doesn't mean that poster has to advocate for letting him reign freely.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 5, 2017

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.

runupon cracker posted:

trump hosed status: not, in fact, hosed

obama hosed status: SUPER MEGA KAMEHAMEHA FUKKKED:

I need more arrows to make this clear on why Obama is hosed. Maybe a red circle???

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

the electoral system is garbage.

nope

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

It is.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Naw

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

You're wrong

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

You're wrong

Ok in seriousness, why do you think it's garbage?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

why does it feel like infowars is leaking into this thread

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Poetic Justice posted:

Ok in seriousness, why do you think it's garbage?

Everything about the American electoral system is complete garbage. Votes aren't worth an equal amount (which is ridiculous in a national election), there are no provision for repeating an election, there appear to be no reasonable procedures at a state levels for recounts in case irregularities are observed, the election cycle is set in stone which is ridiculous in case of an impeachment.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol if you argue in earnest here con eses payasos

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

Everything about the American electoral system is complete garbage. Votes aren't worth an equal amount (which is ridiculous in a national election), there are no provision for repeating an election, there appear to be no reasonable procedures at a state levels for recounts in case irregularities are observed, the election cycle is set in stone which is ridiculous in case of an impeachment.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I don't vote for presidents, actually

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The electoral college is a divisive thing for conservatives and liberals now because it is strongly influenced by our original founding as individual states that united under a small federal government, and for the most part retaining more independence on that level. As opposed to the liberal perspective that we are a nation of individual people, not states, under the federal government, who would prefer the popular vote to decide the Presidential election. It's an essential states rights vs federalism disagreement, and Democrats have seen their candidate win the popular vote but lose the election twice in the last 20 years.

Now let me tell you what cartoon frogs are good and which are bad

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Knight posted:

The electoral college is a divisive thing for conservatives and liberals now because it is strongly influenced by our original founding as individual states that united under a small federal government, and for the most part retaining more independence on that level. As opposed to the liberal perspective that we are a nation of individual people, not states, under the federal government, who would prefer the popular vote to decide the Presidential election. It's an essential states rights vs federalism disagreement, and Democrats have seen their candidate win the popular vote but lose the election twice in the last 20 years.

Now let me tell you what cartoon frogs are good and which are bad

I think Kermit the frog is a weirdo sperg. Dig Em however is cool and urban and "In your face". The Battletoad's are a prime example of toxic masculinity and look like they might be conservative so I automatically hate them. Those are all the cartoon frogs I'm aware of. Which are your favorites?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fame Douglas posted:

You're dumb. He won because the electoral system is garbage. He won in a way that is completely undemocratic. Donnie tiny hands winning wasn't "democracy". In addition, even if he were a legitimate president: That doesn't mean that poster has to advocate for letting him reign freely.

Fame Douglas posted:

Saying the whole system is completely undemocratic because the system weights votes a little is some brain damaged retard poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm the guy above me who doesn't know why the electoral college was created (it's insanely undemocratic).

Knight posted:

the electoral college was purely put in place because the south realized the north would dominate politics (rightfully as they had a higher population) so all those black folk got to count as 3/5 of a person so now the south had outsized influence on politics.

and still does.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

why does it feel like infowars is leaking into this thread
hello welcome to hellthread, the only thread on sa which is 25% alt-right frog people with brains broken by overexposure to breitbart, fox news, and insular echo cambers

please enjoy your stay

crime weed fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 5, 2017

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
also trump watches infowars (he even starred in a 2015 interview!) and respects alex jones so that could also be a reason lol

vvv man, i wish lizard people were real. they sound so much cooler than frog people

crime weed fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 5, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

little does alex know but trump is king of the lizard people. bowser koopa.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm the guy above me who doesn't know why the electoral college was created (it's insanely undemocratic).

the electoral college was purely put in place because the south realized the north would dominate politics (rightfully as they had a higher population) so all those black folk got to count as 3/5 of a person so now the south had outsized influence on politics.

and still does.

A federalist structure does not mean the entire system or election is or was undemocratic.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Neurosis posted:

A federalist structure does not mean the entire system or election is or was undemocratic.

Man you really don't want that status quo to shift even a lil' bit.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

And the Democrats get to delay and obstruct him, and that's good, so they should keep doing that

I agree with you completely, as the blatant delay and obstruction will ensure there will not be a democrat majority for generations.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Kjoery posted:

also trump watches infowars (he even starred in a 2015 interview!) and respects alex jones so that could also be a reason lol

vvv man, i wish lizard people were real. they sound so much cooler than frog people

Just lol if you don't take this guy seriously. Lol.
https://youtu.be/fgKvl5VQVkY

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

You're freezing up with Just World Fallacy:

You truly are delusional, and this is not d&d

Harrower posted:

I forget, did he call all mexicans rapists, or just some?

He did not and Alloy posting such bullshit is insulting to everone with half a brain.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 5, 2017

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mnoba posted:

i dunno, i'm bored waiting for my beer to get cold so we start watching dr strange at home. we sprung 5 bucks extra for the blu-ray :colbert:

It's on Netflix dumbass

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

WatermelonGun posted:

Man you really don't want that status quo to shift even a lil' bit.

This is a very obtuse reply. I am laughing at extreme claims and what they imply about the person making them. I do not think the American system is flawless or even a particularly good form of democracy nor did what I said imply that, just that it is undoubtedly a form of democracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Fame Douglas posted:

Nice meltdown.

• Locked thread