Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Siddig is (part-)Sudanese, for what it's worth. Great casting though, and I hope they don't waste him like Game of Thrones did.

Skwirl posted:

My favorite bit about Arrow was how half the characters pronounced it "Rahz" and half pronounced it "Raysh."

There was actually a consistency to who said what, wasn't there? The League-associated people said Raysh and everyone else said Ra's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
His maternal uncle is also Malcolm McDowell.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Siddig is (part-)Sudanese, for what it's worth. Great casting though, and I hope they don't waste him like Game of Thrones did.

There was actually a consistency to who said what, wasn't there? The League-associated people said Raysh and everyone else said Ra's?

I don't remember, my head canon is the people who said Ra's knew they were wrong but did it anyways in order to annoy him.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

zoux posted:

I love Miles from Lost.

I believe you mean "Kid Omega" from X-men 3.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Here's the rest of the Inhumans cast with a bunch of people I've never heard of, including confirmation that Lockjaw will be involved

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I know we joke about how bad the name Blackagar Boltagon is, but jesus they really topped themselves with Undisclosed Character.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The fact that Lockjaw's in it makes me optimistic they're going to at least be authentic to the comics Inhumans.

Also Marvel's got the best dogs, let's get a Cosmo and Pizza Dog Netflix show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

The fact that Lockjaw's in it makes me optimistic they're going to at least be authentic to the comics Inhumans.

Also Marvel's got the best dogs, let's get a Cosmo and Pizza Dog Netflix show.

Can Ms Lion come?

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

zoux posted:

Aside from Auran and Sir Undisclosed, the entire cast list is straight up "the classic Inhumans".

I feel like it's clear they're going for a classic Inhumans story, especially from Maximus's character synopsis, where Maximus schemes, Blackagar Boltagon broods and and gestures, and Medusa runs things while stressing about what plans her husband is keeping from her.

If they weren't going for the classics I feel like we'd see a lot more (ugh) Nuhumans since they're full of options for network executive friendly characters.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The fact that Auran is in there gives me hopes they also bring in Iso, Flint, and Frank McGee.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

The fact that Auran is in there gives me hopes they also bring in Iso, Flint, and Frank McGee.

Reader or bust

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They probably won't do Reader since they stole his character design (but nothing else) for the original Inhumans arc on AoS.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Just wanna say that Legion is amazing, everybody should check out Legion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Just wanna say that Legion is amazing, everybody should check out Legion.

Man, there's probably not a good way to get that avatar sized is there?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It comes out alright.

Better quality but with a lot of the blood's color gone:

Brighter blood, more artifacty:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Here's our first look at Black Bolt and Lockjaw. Seems kinda regressive that they gave Bolt the Singer X-Men costume treatment.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
Alright, I'm on board

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It comes out alright.

Better quality but with a lot of the blood's color gone:

Brighter blood, more artifacty:

If you aren't going to get this muscle like this I"d love to.

edit; Yeah, lame costume. It's a Singer production alright.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Bolt dresses similarly to that when he's not in costume though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's going for a sort of regal look. It's all right, but would look better with some white and probably if it wasn't leather.

I hope that they give him something like a crown to simulate the tuning fork look. I think that's really missing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The tuning fork cowl is goofy enough on the page, probably look terrible irl.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

zoux posted:

The tuning fork cowl is goofy enough on the page, probably look terrible irl.

Nope. I need the tuning fork.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Black suit is pretty much the standard Black Bolt attire. And in a TV show he's not going to be wearing a mask most of the time because being a silent character he's going to have do pretty much all of his acting with facial expressions.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Wanna hug dat big blue puppy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Heathen posted:

Wanna hug dat big blue puppy.

He is the best

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Codependent Poster posted:

It's going for a sort of regal look. It's all right, but would look better with some white and probably if it wasn't leather.
Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't any white piping.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't any white piping.

Shoulda had him in the suit from The Prisoner.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"I've resigned"

*office building and most of the rest of London is now smoking crater*

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Is it unusual for TV productions to drive straight into shooting right after the completion of casting like this for Inhumans?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's pretty common. You'll hear TV (and even some film) actors say stuff like "I got the part like two days before shooting started! One minute I was auditioning and the next I was filming!" all the time. Sometimes actors even get cast after production starts. Sometimes they'll get replaced, even.

Runaways and Cloak & Dagger also had a very short interval between finalizing the cast and starting to film.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Additionally, costume fittings will be done before they are officially cast sometimes. I think what's his face from The Office (The guy who played Jim) was beginning the costume test process for Captain America while they were still actively pursuing Chris Evans.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, I think even the Netflix shows have a pretty short gap between casting and filming, it just seems longer because they film the entire season before they announce hardly anything.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

X-O posted:

Into The Badlands is made by the same goobers that made Smallville. That should keep anyone away.

Also Ken Leung is great and should make a really good Karnak.

I'm pulling you up on this.

Even a crap chef can cook a steak once in a while.
Into the Badlands is that steak

It's never not fun.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

First reviews for Iron Fist came out today and I've seen at least two calling this the first full misstep. I suppose we should've expected that from the guy who brought us Lumberjack Dexter.

I'm really disappointed but on the other hand, I have to move in the next 30 days so the less distractions the better.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

RevKrule posted:

First reviews for Iron Fist came out today and I've seen at least two calling this the first full misstep. I suppose we should've expected that from the guy who brought us Lumberjack Dexter.

I'm really disappointed but on the other hand, I have to move in the next 30 days so the less distractions the better.

Unfortunately the previews/trailers really aren't helping. I can at least appreciate Luke Cage for trying something different (and failing for loving half the season) but Iron Fist just seems aggressively bland.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

RevKrule posted:

Ouch.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah too bad.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man I'm really bummed out about this

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.
The Fraction/Brubaker/Aja Immortal Iron Fist was my first (and still one of my favorite) comics. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think it was always a dicey proposition, the reason it took them so long to find a showrunner with a pitch they accepted was probably because they wanted to do Iron Fist "but no explicit discussion of magic or chi, and you can't shoot anywhere but the five boroughs." It's basically those mid-90s Superman studio notes where he wasn't supposed to have the costume or fly.

I can't wait for the reddit conspiracy nuts to decide this is a false flag by Marvel paying off critics to give bad reviews to throw people off the scent of them bribing critics to give Suicide Squad and BvS bad reviews.