Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dubs posted:

were a certain ah.. group of people driving them at the time

Brits? Yeah, a bunch of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngcotxUZA9E

Elaine is McLaren.

Kramer is Honda.

Newman is Alonso.

This fits and works way more than it has any right to.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol Lewis got taken out to dinner by Liberty and then Ross Brawn. Horner has yet to meet with any of them and is being salty in interviews about the loss of Bernie.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I miss Bernie too.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Alain Post posted:

I miss Bernie too.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Alain Post posted:

I miss Bernie too.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I do not miss Bernie.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Why would anyone bother talking to Horner, it's not like he has anything to do with any decisions made at Red Bull, he's just the guy who talks to the media... endlessly

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Alain Post posted:

I miss Bernie too.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Why would anyone bother talking to Horner, it's not like he has anything to do with any decisions made at Red Bull, he's just the guy who talks to the media... endlessly

Pretty much,
Red Bulls Eric Boullier, Webbers book kinda shows that

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Alain Post posted:

I miss Bernie too.

Bernie would have won.

won what, i don't know, but he would have won it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

djssniper posted:

Pretty much,
Red Bulls Eric Boullier, Webbers book kinda shows that

It's pretty telling that none of the other Team Principals have time to spend minutes chatting to commentators during the race

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Yeh Horner sucks compared to those brilliant team bosses like Arrivabene, Boullier, Domenicalli, Whitmarsh, Claire Williams.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Im sure you've all seen this video but since sauber is going to suck so badly this year despite their 1990s williams paint job, lets all enjoy "quick nick" at his best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA2yYohW1Vs

(come back BMV we miss you)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Trulli train lives on!!!

https://www.motorsport.com/kart/news/jarno-trulli-s-son-makes-wsk-karting-debut-879323/

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

I do not miss Bernie.

I love you, but you're so full of poo poo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
We literally have Ross now and people have flipped 180 to miss Bernie? What boundless hypocrisy
:sad:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why not both?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Why not both?

But actually though. Why can't I, or we, love both?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

I can think of a reason

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Actually I miss Ron and am indifferent to Bernie.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I miss Bernie if only because he was a master troll.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

I can think of a reason

I almost miss my infinite Horny Horner AV.

edit: aww motherfucker, that cloudfire error a little while back appears to have killed the e-sarapalin avatar archive. :saddowns:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Crosspost from NASCAR thread:

Neodoomium posted:

mearn named his fantasy team Scuderia Arby's and it made me laugh so hard I made this

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Actually I miss Ron and am indifferent to Bernie.

You miss both, don't lie

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Im sure you've all seen this video but since sauber is going to suck so badly this year despite their 1990s williams paint job, lets all enjoy "quick nick" at his best.

Remember when the cars used to sound good.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Actually, some pretty good sounds from the 2017 cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVVLnJw2KCQ

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah they don't sound too bad. Not a huge high end shriek like the V10s or anything but a nice low bellow and decent range of tone.

I don't know, maybe I'm just used to it now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm not gonna call out the poster in the thread showing off their new tattoo, but i think we all know who it is, right 1500quidporsche?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Some say that Retarded Matt Damon's title was a lucky fluke but imo it takes real skill to not crack under pressure of that magnitude.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Some say that Retarded Matt Damon's title was a lucky fluke but imo it takes real skill to not crack under pressure of that magnitude.

I like to think his teeth helped him towards the WDC

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MattD1zzl3 posted:

this must have been so much fun

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

We literally have Ross now and people have flipped 180 to miss Bernie? What boundless hypocrisy
:sad:

I agree with this post. People herald Bernie as a saviour of F1, but all he did was make himself alot of money. He has personally kept the sport back at least 30 years. Good riddance.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 5, 2017

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It may not be that bad. They were doing times that aren't bad if they have little power and with unrestricted development if they an engineer in the reliability they'll get the power.

Or they suck and will finish 9th.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Bernie ran F1 for himself, which is why it's survived as long as it has. Ross Brawn's fallen into the classic trap of trying to appeal to the fans, otherwise known as commercial suicide, because fans of any sport let alone F1 are fickle and stupid, and if nothing else trying to chase all their demands will make the ol' funds leak like a sieve.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bernie would've killed F1.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

wicka posted:

Bernie would've killed F1.

Nah. He was smart enough not to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. He just choked it with his belt for 30 odd years to squeeze as much gold out as he could.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Nah. He was smart enough not to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. He just choked it with his belt for 30 odd years to squeeze as much gold out as he could.

He didn't need to keep it alive, he's like 142.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
F1 kept Bernie alive RIP Bernie 1889-2017

• Locked thread