Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

best green/blue/purp bonuses haven't changed really

best yellow affix imo is one of either:

+2 ults, if their sig is a decent chunk of their damage since this counts towards the synergy bonus

On crit gain 6% pet dmg and 15% power radius for 12s (15s cd), because power radius is always very useful and this basically has 100% uptime

don't fall into the 4% dr trap that the rest of the affixes grant, there's tons of dr on items and an infinite amount of it in infinity nodes, it's a waste to roll such a tiny amount of dr in that slot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Turns out the masses don't know poo poo about games and hate change violently.

The update cut a lot of system cruft and streamlined the game. It's about the best they can do since they can't rewrite the aging engine. However, it is incomplete, but they've been adding iterative changes weekly, so it's still improving.

I mean, this is still an old and janky game. It doesn't help that anyone who was brought on or brought back didn't really have anything to be excited about.

The changes were good, but not enough to make this a good game.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

you mentioned the new dash charge restoring cosmic item affix working with her sig. Is that as powerful as it sounds or is it just no big deal for her?

seems like it would be way better than anything wolverine has

It really only matters during leveling to 56, which is when you get the talents Kheldarn is talking about. It's hilarious until then, but not super important at endgame.

Kheldarn posted:

That sounds like it would pair well with either the talent Blade Trance (which makes Disembowel and Rip To Shreds restore a charge of her sig while in the Killer Trance portion of it), or Footwork (makes Cyclone Kick and Open The Jugular restore a charge)...

It really doesn't matter in practice, since (movement build, I haven't bothered with bleed) Cyclone and OtJ are on 4s timers and Killer Trance starts at 10, plus power duration. Also, and this is sort of the only reason it works, the Wrath fill and timer for Killer Trance start when your charges reach 0. It doesn't matter a whit whether you were previously full. Getting extra charges to spam what is her strongest single hit is slightly nice, but in practice you're already able to keep generating charges forever, and keep the steroid on forever, so long as you remember to push at least one of the cooldowns at the end of combat (whiffing counts).

Hilariously, the cooldown timer is chugging along the whole time you're adding/using charges, so 40s after the first time you hit 0, you're at 5 regardless. This would be broken if her damage overall was better, but as she currently stands she's basically straddling the median line depending on whether you build bleed (faster) or movement (slower, but honestly way more fun).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

best green/blue/purp bonuses haven't changed really

best yellow affix imo is one of either:

+2 ults, if their sig is a decent chunk of their damage since this counts towards the synergy bonus

On crit gain 6% pet dmg and 15% power radius for 12s (15s cd), because power radius is always very useful and this basically has 100% uptime

don't fall into the 4% dr trap that the rest of the affixes grant, there's tons of dr on items and an infinite amount of it in infinity nodes, it's a waste to roll such a tiny amount of dr in that slot

:agreed:

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

So, whats with the steam store page being nuked into oblivion with reviews. Was the "update" that bad or?

no new content in two years, a complete itemization reboot for questionable reasons that is months overdue, a rehaul to massively slow down travel and combat, and poor framerate/performance that hasn't really had any in-depth work in years

they cultivated a player base of people who liked the idea of an entire game consisting of pindleskin runs in various formats, and then decided the game shouldn't be that any more

surely we all just "hate change" though

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They changed the thing I literally whined for 2 years about and I'm super mad about it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If anything the game is even more pindleskin runs than it has ever been. The only difference is which pindleskin you're wasting your life on.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i liked hitting the dash button to dash around, it was fun. guess im a grognard now.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Considering you sound like a person lamenting the loss of conc jumping in the move from Team Fortress Classic to Team Fortress 2, yes. Yes you are.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I don't understand the limitation on dodge/teleport moves when they give you a travel power with it's own button now. Now I just fly over everything instead of repeatedly hitting W. :shrug:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

PureRok posted:

I don't understand the limitation on dodge/teleport moves when they give you a travel power with it's own button now. Now I just fly over everything instead of repeatedly hitting W. :shrug:
...this is the intended change. it is what they wanted you to do. they limited the amount of dodges you get so as to force you to make more intelligent decisions in certain combat situations.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Kokoro Wish posted:

Considering you sound like a person lamenting the loss of conc jumping in the move from Team Fortress Classic to Team Fortress 2, yes. Yes you are.

this is wrong and very very bad

i will frag you for this

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PureRok posted:

It's slower.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

PureRok posted:

Because you have to stand still to start that, so you can't use it in combat. You noticed that dashes are your CC break, and are invincible now, right? They do different things. This is The Point.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Marvel Heroes 2016: Enjoy your Pindleskinner Box

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Haven't played in a long time. Decided to check it out again for a time killer when I'm bored on WoW..lots has changed. Not sure what I want to play now. So many options!

Currently unlocked / leveled:

Cable 1/60
Dr. Strange 11/60
Gambit 26/60
Human Torch 60/60
Iceman 2/60
Nightcrawler 35/60
Squirrel Girl 26/60
Storm 25/60
Thor 60/60
Venom 1/60

I don't even know where to begin..

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

PureRok posted:

This is the fix to slow map loading :ssh:

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Kokoro Wish posted:

lamenting the loss of conc jumping in the move from Team Fortress Classic to Team Fortress 2.

Are you suggesting it was the right move?!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I haven't really minded the change, i like the game better now.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I wish dashes had four charges by default but apparently the infinity revision is gonna include an extra dash charge anyway so whateva I DO WHAT I WANT

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zaekkor posted:

Cable 1/60
Dr. Strange 11/60
Gambit 26/60
Human Torch 60/60
Iceman 2/60
Nightcrawler 35/60
Squirrel Girl 26/60
Storm 25/60
Thor 60/60
Venom 1/60

For leveling, I hear Gambit is fun. I know Nightcrawler is fun if you go with the Swords build someone posted earlier in the thread, and Storm is pretty good with the Lightning Lockdown build on MHInfo.

At 60, Human Torch is really good now, and from the little I played, Thor is also pretty good.

McSpanky posted:

I wish dashes had four charges by default but apparently the infinity revision is gonna include an extra dash charge anyway so whateva I DO WHAT I WANT

Nightcrawler gets 5 charges for his Teleport. But I think he's the only one like that?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

that and the new cosmic dash recharging proc I think I'm going to revisit surfer, this might be enough for the rebirth of the board dash build

Kheldarn posted:

Nightcrawler gets 5 charges for his Teleport. But I think he's the only one like that?

that and Juggernaut has 4 charges on lariat by default, plus it's only 2s cooldown per charge vs. 4s cooldown for most other heroes

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 5, 2017

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The movement changes are pretty awful, but a bunch of other things are arguably better.

I'm pretty sure the game will be the at the best it is ever been until it shuts down sometime next year.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Zaekkor posted:

Haven't played in a long time. Decided to check it out again for a time killer when I'm bored on WoW..lots has changed. Not sure what I want to play now. So many options!

Currently unlocked / leveled:

Cable 1/60
Dr. Strange 11/60
Gambit 26/60
Human Torch 60/60
Iceman 2/60
Nightcrawler 35/60
Squirrel Girl 26/60
Storm 25/60
Thor 60/60
Venom 1/60

Cable, Venom, and Gambit have low damage issues. The rest are pretty amazing atm.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I have fond memories of this game being fun because gaz broke something hilarious. Are we back into hilarious yet? Or are we still in sad.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Do Squirrel Girl, Zaekkor. Not because she's the best of the bunch, but because I'm interested in the experience of someone who clearly didn't already hunt down high-end summoner gear in this world where that's not really a benefit anymore.

not0rious
Mar 5, 2011
Is there another discord channel? I tried to join the one in the link and it didn't seem to be for Marvel Heroes. Quit playing about 6 months ago just looking to get back into Groot Squad.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

So, whats with the steam store page being nuked into oblivion with reviews. Was the "update" that bad or?

yes

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

not0rious posted:

Is there another discord channel? I tried to join the one in the link and it didn't seem to be for Marvel Heroes. Quit playing about 6 months ago just looking to get back into Groot Squad.

post your in game name in this thread and someone will invite you to the guild, we don't have a discord

ransome fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 5, 2017

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

For leveling, I hear Gambit is fun. I know Nightcrawler is fun if you go with the Swords build someone posted earlier in the thread, and Storm is pretty good with the Lightning Lockdown build on MHInfo.

Level Nightcrawler with a pure teleport build. Swords are an endgame build because you need to stack the poo poo out of CDR/BDR to make up for how squishy that build is.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

AzraelNewtype posted:

Because you have to stand still to start that, so you can't use it in combat. You noticed that dashes are your CC break, and are invincible now, right? They do different things. This is The Point.

I use it in combat all the time. Never had issue.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

Level Nightcrawler with a pure teleport build. Swords are an endgame build because you need to stack the poo poo out of CDR/BDR to make up for how squishy that build is.

It worked fine for me. I took him Purple > Red with it, with no surviviability issues. :shrug:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

PureRok posted:

I use it in combat all the time. Never had issue.

You dodge incoming attacks with a power that takes almost a second to start you moving? I mean, I start it inside mobs of trash when I don't intend to fight, sure, but it's a different use case.

Unrelated, as a PSA: if you are cosmicing Wolverine/X-23 during this event, and you have 200% SHIELD stacks running, you don't need to wait until 50 to start story. I did, and I'm at 57.75 just after getting the dump from Ben before starting chapter 4. The way story XP scales, there's no way I'm not 60 before chapter 8. You can save yourselves a lot of time. Not sure exactly how much yet, but my Wolverine is red and tomorrow is midtown boxes, so I'm sure I'll find out.

59.56 as I'm about to start chapter 5 now. Plan accordingly.

Hit 60 after the first mission of chapter 5 (rescue the mutants). It's definitely a good idea to start story sooner under these circumstances. This is the first time I've done chapter 4 since they edited it though because the change to story XP post 60 disincentivized doing story at that point. It's pretty neat.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 6, 2017

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ransome posted:

post your in game name in this thread and someone will invite you to the guild, we don't have a discord

Icr should prob remove the discord link but that requires him doing something.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I always do somethings.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Help, friends. What's the fun Iron Fist build? Everything I try ultimately feels less-fun than not playing Iron Fist but I am confident there has to be a way.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ICR you shouldnt remove the link to the discord

just because the marvel heroes discord isnt for marvel heroes doesnt mean its not for marvel heroes

but yeah people should ask for guild invites in the thread not the discord

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Help, friends. What's the fun Iron Fist build? Everything I try ultimately feels less-fun than not playing Iron Fist but I am confident there has to be a way.

Personally I play Dragonball Chi Iron Fist..

Fury of Five Forces, Seven Armies Sundered, Chi Burst, Chi Blast, Like Unto Iron, Crimson Hammer/Meditation, Dragon Tail and Ninjutsu Dash on the power bar.

Talents are:

You explode, your powers explode. Everything explodes.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

ICR you shouldnt remove the link to the discord

just because the marvel heroes discord isnt for marvel heroes doesnt mean its not for marvel heroes

but yeah people should ask for guild invites in the thread not the discord

I'll add it back in. Drythe you steered me in the wrong direction. I trusted you.