Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Tender Bender posted:

Lol just realized the system is officially out and we still don't know whether we'll be able to play any virtual console titles we already own on this and how much they'll charge for the privilege.

Well, there's no virtual console on Switch yet...nobody already owns any virtual console games for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol amazon delivered my switch an hour after my buddy from work left on his flight for Costa Rica.

I mean he has his 3ds but he really wanted this switch.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Yo I want some friends on my friends list, are we doing a thread for that or what?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

chaosbreather posted:

Yo I want some friends on my friends list, are we doing a thread for that or what?
Do you even have the option to add people? I figured they were just waiting for the online service this summer.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Bill Barber posted:

Do you even have the option to add people? I figured they were just waiting for the online service this summer.

Yep. Everyone has a friend code, but it sends a request rather than requiring a mutual add. My friend code is SW-5545-7688-3001.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bill Barber posted:

There's a vent.

I mean, I guess you could leave the back cover open if you're worried about it overheating.

I didn't even noticed, sweet.

What's the charge time on the Joycons? And how do I know the console is charging? I pushed the button on the top of it and it turned off the green light on the dock so I'm uncertain.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

deadwing posted:

Oh my god guys Snipperclips is SO GOOD

its awesome, brother came around today we had the demo going and had a blast. gonna pick up the full version for sure.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
guess dogs love the taste of a switch cart in the morning!

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Vikar Jerome posted:

does it still work???

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Vikar Jerome posted:

They don't, man's best friend was just doing you a solid.

On that note, for those who are on the fence about 1 2 Switch, I say save your money. Most games aren't all that fun or get old quick. I played it with my wife and the only game she liked was the Sneaky Dice game, which makes sense since she loves to play Liar's Dice.

I was able to play the telephone game with my 2 year old because she understands enough to wait for the phone to ring before picking it up, then they added in trick ring tones and it was too complicated for her.

It should have been a pack-in game, $9.99 at most.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

jivjov posted:

Well, there's no virtual console on Switch yet...nobody already owns any virtual console games for it.

Goodness you're annoying!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

So I got a $50 eshop card the other week when Amazon was doing that $8off of $50 deal. $20 of it went to BOTW DLC, $10 is reserved for Blaster Master. That leaves me with $20 for either Fast RMX or Snipperclips.

My dilemma: I usually am not a huge fan of FZero type racers. They are ok for a little while but don't hold my attention and I rather play a Mario Kart or Gran Turismo type racers. Just not big on arcade racers and whatnot. So it would just be to fill the racer gap until Mario Kart next month.

For Snipperclips, I don't know how much I would play multiplayer unless my wife gets into it, need to play the demo with her. So may not get too much use out of it though it seems fun. Maybe we should do Goon Snipperclip sessions.

I really wish I am Setsuna or Shovel Knight were $20.

Just want something that is short and quick to play for 10 or 20 min between Zelda plays.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Walked past the Nintendo store in NYC two times today and a long rear end line both times of people buying switches. Guess they have a lot of stock?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What are some good hard cases for the Switch? Is this one a good case?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Is there any way to attach a wrist strap (not the joycon ones) to the switch itself in handheld mode?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

inferis posted:

Is there any way to attach a wrist strap (not the joycon ones) to the switch itself in handheld mode?

No, unless they release some type of case/strap that goes around the whole console to the side of the screen

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Next time you're waking up your Switch from sleep mode, press ZR instead.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Still having this weird issue with my Switch when, when docked, using a stereo cable running out of the headphone port into any kind of sound device (external sound card, internal etc) creates a buzzing noise as soon as the sound goes live. It's kind of difficult to describe but you can see an example here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYPjO5VKT1I

^^^ not me in the video

Anyone care to try this and test to see if it's just my unit or dock that has this issue? I have my docked switch near my computer with a stereo cable going from the switch to an external sound card on my desk that outputs to my gaming headset. I can hear game sounds and such but with an awful chopping noise.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

I really wish I am Setsuna or Shovel Knight were $20.

For the future, since I don't think credit carries over between accounts, Shovel Knight is $12USD in the Mexican store.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349910

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

pissdude posted:

Still having this weird issue with my Switch when, when docked, using a stereo cable running out of the headphone port into any kind of sound device (external sound card, internal etc) creates a buzzing noise as soon as the sound goes live. It's kind of difficult to describe but you can see an example here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYPjO5VKT1I

^^^ not me in the video

Anyone care to try this and test to see if it's just my unit or dock that has this issue? I have my docked switch near my computer with a stereo cable going from the switch to an external sound card on my desk that outputs to my gaming headset. I can hear game sounds and such but with an awful chopping noise.

Sounds like a 60hz bleed onto the audio signal. Maybe some ground issue within the console (design flaw, not broken console issue). Does it do the same noise in handheld mode with the charger plugged directly into the console? If not, maybe unplug the HDMI and any USB from the dock and try it. There are sometime issues with devices that are plugged into power while outputting audio to a separate device, especially if both are on the same outlet/power strip.

It may also be an issue with switching from analog output to digital output for HDMI output.

You may have to buy on of those boxes that separates audio out from HDMI. They are $20 or so on Amazon.

Also, make sure your TV sound mode is stereo as well, maybe that is an issue if it is set to surround?

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 5, 2017

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Nobody has any stock around here what's the best alert tracker to use?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

nowinstock.net , or could check on brickseek

Where do you live? Maybe a goon has a hookup for you.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nowinstock

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

nowinstock.net

Word on the street is Target and Toysrus are gonna have some for sale tomorrow, Sunday.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Got my Switch yesterday and set it up today. So far it seems cool for the most part, but the power plug is oriented the wrong way so as to use maximum strip space, which sucks, and the buttons on the right joycon are too close to the stick. These are both fixable with a power extender and pro controller, so not a big deal. I've grabbed Shovel Knight and Fast RMX but am looking at the stuff on the Japanese store to augment the US release a little. Has anyone downloaded Dragon Quest Heroes? Is it playable at all if I don't speak any Japanese?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my wife had to go up to work and instead of being an rear end in a top hat and staying at home i spent time with her at the office. while playing zelda. :smug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

glassyalabolas posted:

nowinstock.net

Word on the street is Target and Toysrus are gonna have some for sale tomorrow, Sunday.

yes they should. they apparently held their neons for sunday morning because they advertised availability for this week.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also how is shovel knight on the switch.. i own it on PC obvs but wanted to see if it felt good

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Went to a Best Buy they said they're holding their stock until the next ad. gently caress off. I could see the switches there too.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
I mean the next ad would probably be tomorrow morning for the Sunday paper, so.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Teenage Fansub posted:

For the future, since I don't think credit carries over between accounts, Shovel Knight is $12USD in the Mexican store.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349910

gently caress it I'm doing this. I don't care if I don't get the worthless 20 gold coins lol I'd rather get 60% off. I've already bought Shovel Knight twice anyway.

Edit: nevermind, apparently only the core game works for any system user, and you have to play as the Mexico-locale user to access any addon content. Weird poo poo, too lazy to fiddle with it. I'll just revert back to getting the free updates on the PS4 version.

enojy fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 5, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Circle Nine posted:

I mean the next ad would probably be tomorrow morning for the Sunday paper, so.

They said next Friday :/

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Oh, that seems kinda hosed then.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

eonwe posted:

also how is shovel knight on the switch.. i own it on PC obvs but wanted to see if it felt good

Yeah, it's good. You can use the left buttons as a dpad so can be more precise than the stick. I already have it for PC & PS4, but it plays as good here as it does on either of them.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Wendell posted:

Goodness you're annoying!

That was my third post in the thread, and my first on the topic.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

FireMrshlBill posted:

nowinstock.net , or could check on brickseek

Where do you live? Maybe a goon has a hookup for you.

Small town in Kentucky, more than likely I'll just have to wait for Amazon to get it in stock. I'll try nowinstock, thanks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Pirate Captain posted:

Yeah, it's good. You can use the left buttons as a dpad so can be more precise than the stick. I already have it for PC & PS4, but it plays as good here as it does on either of them.

sweet thx

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Are there any good hard cases for this thing yet? Seems like every case so far has problems.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What's wrong with the PDP case? I haven't used mine from the special edition yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

jivjov posted:

Yeah that's what I said.

• Locked thread