Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's good and important to make people with regressive opinions mad and then laugh at them

Well, it's certainly easier than actually doing anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

we should just ignore bad things and assume they can't have an effect on culture

*America looks into the camera, The Office-style*

When it comes to random people you see commenting that they don't like shovel knight being a girl on the internet? Hell yeah, ignore the hell out of that, who cares. Perhaps you shouldn't ignore more important issues like say a fascist becoming the president

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jesus christ, it's apparently not socially active enough and/or too socially tryhard to just be amused in passing at idiots getting angry at whatever the gently caress y'all need to relax.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mutata posted:

Jesus christ, it's apparently not socially active enough and/or too socially tryhard to just be amused in passing at idiots getting angry at whatever the gently caress y'all need to relax.

Personally I'm glad it's winding down to just 'in passing' these days around here because mock threads were incredibly bad and it's a good thing they are becoming scarce.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CJacobs posted:

Personally I'm glad it's winding down to just 'in passing' these days around here because mock threads were incredibly bad and it's a good thing they are becoming scarce.

Sounds like we should make a mock thread about them

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Who mocks the mockthreaders

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mutata posted:

precision posted:

usually with the result that they just go "ha ha you're so mad that I'm mad" and it's like... no... dude... or dudette... that's not what's happening...

*yakkety sax*

Jay Rust posted:

I think it's less of a "take that, people who can't hear my 'take that'," more of a "I would like to communicate my pleasure, knowing that idiots are angry". As to whether those angry idiots exist, they certainly do

I was happy that a bunch of nerds were uncomfortable with gay sex in Mass Effect.

At the end of the day, which I'm calling it because I'm off work, I think we're all happy when the landscape of modern art changes to reflect new, more progressive attitudes. And it's probably not really worth eating each other alive to prove which of us has the most correct Thought Hat on. But hey, what do I know? Not much. Not much.

I should probably get around to playing some more Night in the Woods, my wife assures me it is cute and good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

corn in the bible posted:

Sounds like we should make a mock thread about them

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > PYF MAD Something Awful Posters ITT

precision posted:

I should probably get around to playing some more Night in the Woods, my wife assures me it is cute and good.

You should, it's got a very chill aesthetic and the game does a lot to make you care about the characters imo which is strangely a rarity in story-based indie games.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can't decide whether I should be playing Horizon or Breath of the Wild :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Breath of the Wild

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ciaphas posted:

Which one are you going to be able to finish first?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That sentence should be more of a ":)" sentence than a ":(" one

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
They're on different systems... play them both at the same time?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

That's kinda what I'm doing but it feels like I'm getting nowhere in either game as a result :v:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can we triple the amount of hours in a day until I'm done with zelda please thank you

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

Can we triple the amount of hours in a day until I'm done with zelda please thank you

Just play the Song of Time backwards.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'm stumped by a puzzle in the Witness. :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

This

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm stumped by a puzzle in the Witness. :(

You can do it! Some puzzles in there took me hours to figure out. Others I had to come back after a couple of days and what seemed completely incomprehensible had become obvious.

I am still grinding away at The Challenge. One day...

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can do it! Some puzzles in there took me hours to figure out. Others I had to come back after a couple of days and what seemed completely incomprehensible had become obvious.

I am still grinding away at The Challenge. One day...

Thank you - I will keep plugging away at it, but...slowly. It's a beautiful, tough game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Play Zelda then Horizon

Both are good games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

StrixNebulosa posted:

Thank you - I will keep plugging away at it, but...slowly. It's a beautiful, tough game.

For me a lot of the puzzles fell into the category of "easy to learn, difficult to master" but once I got about midway through each "set" or "type" of puzzle they started to get easier as long as I did them in sequence. Some nights I still have dreams about Tetris puzzles.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

precision posted:

For me a lot of the puzzles fell into the category of "easy to learn, difficult to master" but once I got about midway through each "set" or "type" of puzzle they started to get easier as long as I did them in sequence. Some nights I still have dreams about Tetris puzzles.

I...I was approaching the puzzle in the wrong way and just solved it! :D

Man, this game is mind-bending.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Play Zelda then Horizon

Both are good games

alternatively play horizon first so you can devote all your time to Zelda after

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

hopeandjoy posted:

I have to, because I don't have the money and the time to build or buy a nice rig nor the location to have a desktop instead of a laptop. So I have 8 gb of ram and a mid range laptop graphics card, which isn't enough for max settings and 60 fps on a lot of 3D games with modern graphics.

Not everyone has a nice pc because nice pcs are still luxury goods that are more fiddly than the luxury good that is a console.

I haven't upgraded my gaming PC in at least 5 years, maybe just come to terms with the fact that you aren't going to get 60fps on modern AAA games.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was never able to beat the Nameless King in Dark Souls 3 when I first went through the game, and now, months later, I beat him on my first try with my current character. There's a greatshield that truly is great, it has 95% lightning resist, it trivializes the fight and I'm glad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There was a lot of real amazing Overwatch, Destiny, and Legend of Zelda cosplay today at Comic Con.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/Pokket/status/838218431992328192

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CJacobs posted:

Alternatively you end up getting mad at people who don't exist and shouting into the void about how nothing is changing when things clearly are as is the case very often on this site. I dunno, maybe I'm just tired of all the "yeah, take that, people who can't hear my 'take that'" that goes on around here
"people who don't exist", lmao

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

after playing a lot but also not really that much of botw i will say

the weapon durability stuff is trash

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

oddium posted:

after playing a lot but also not really that much of botw i will say

the weapon durability stuff is trash

I hate weapon durability in general but weapons are so plentiful and varied in this game that I like that you're kind of forced to diversify.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like it

I wish I could hold a couple more weapons though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i hate having to manually take out a new weapon after one breaks in the middle of a fight, which happens at least once per fight because weapons only last for maybe two enemies. i hate that things like the torch or the leaf are obviously not meant to be used in fights but they take up weapons slots anyway

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

botw, break oll the weapons

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Alternatively you end up getting mad at people who don't exist and shouting into the void about how nothing is changing when things clearly are as is the case very often on this site. I dunno, maybe I'm just tired of all the "yeah, take that, people who can't hear my 'take that'" that goes on around here

There are multiple people over in the Shovel Knight thread who do exist.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

any thread about shovel knight that is not chill is Fucjked up

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

my absolute favorite thing in breath of the wild actually is climbing and swimming and scaling and sneaking just to get the one insanely perfect shot of a goat for the compendium. this is the pokemon snap everyone wanted

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeIr5l15DC8

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Seeing a real lack of Switchsonas. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hey remember that time that the game you liked's director literally equated gay people to dogs having sex in the rear end

• Locked thread